Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    oldguy47 is offline New Member

sore nipple - brown stuff

Have been on TRT (Gel) since march. It really brought me back to life and all results were great other than hair loss. After awhile I noticed the results waning. I know this was not in my head because I have been running to lose weight and it started becoming harder to do. I still felt ok, just not great. Then my Dr calls me and wants me to increase my dosage. I did and did not feel anything at first so i increased it a little bit more. Starting about a week ago I started feeling good again and could run without getting so tired again. Everything felt great again. Now last night after running I noticed my right nipple was sore and looked like brown goo must have come out of it and had stained my T shirt. I thought it was chapped because my shirt has been sweaty all week and never really dried between running sessions. My sister gave me some gold bond and figured that was the end of it. Well it was still sore this morning though it seems to have calmed down now. I have had erect nipples before on TRT but they come and go so I didn't worry too much.
    I still don't feel any growth at all but just wondering what caused this? I have been using claritin , ephedrea for diet and I don't think it these 2.
    I have not been sleeping well do to ephedra so a friend gave me a few days worth of xanex. Also another board recommended DHEA and recently started those. Those are the only 2 new drugs I have taken recently..and the xanex is gone.my Dr gave me something safer to replace it with.

Also another board recommend nettle root to fight dht and estrogen. I just got a bottle but have not taken any yet. Does it work and is it safe?

Any ideas? Thanks!

sparverius is offline Junior Member
    It's normal to get a big boost from starting TRT, which then fades some. How much were you taking before and what are you taking now?

You should complain to your doctor and convince him/her to test your E2. Some people find that gel converts to E2, especially if they have some body fat. (which is why with Androgel 1.62% they no longer recommend applying to the belly- there's usually more fat there)

Quote Originally Posted by sparverius View Post
    It's normal to get a big boost from starting TRT, which then fades some. How much were you taking before and what are you taking now?

You should complain to your doctor and convince him/her to test your E2. Some people find that gel converts to E2, especially if they have some body fat. (which is why with Androgel 1.62% they no longer recommend applying to the belly- there's usually more fat there)
    Originally I was told to use 2 pumps a day. I went from feeling like a near death old man to teenager in about 1 1/2 months time. It did taper off but I was waiting to see if it went back up on it's own and if not say something at next checkup. But then he called and upped dose to 3 pumps. Well I did that for awhile and felt no change so I started using an extra pump (or 2) at night. Well not sure if it was that or adding the dhea , or getting good sleep for a change but my energy came back along with everything else.
    Based on what guys here told me earlier I probably have high DHT because of more body hair and scalp hair thinning. When my energy dropped, so did those side effects but they are back now. Thanks for the info on the belly. I won't put it there anymore. I go for my next bloodwork in 3 weeks so hopefully find out something.

Vettester is offline Banned
    We have very little to work on here with what you have provided us ... No labs, no protocol information, no reasoning from the doctor for increasing dosage, stats??? If you will read the sticky on 'How to get quality responses', you will have a better idea with what the vets and knowledgeable base are looking for.

I will say this though, your brown goo issue does not sound good. Not only do you need the E2 sensitive assay, but get your prolactin checked for sure. Hopefully you have explained this to your doctor?

Stinging nettle root will be able to lower SHBG. Until you post up a complete set of labs with ranges, I cannot suggest using this or anything else. If E2 is indeed a problem, then the method to conquer it will be with implementing AI into your regiment. Also, you mentioned a friend recommending DHEA ... Again, run labs!!! Don't assume anything, and don't let those friends do that either. Just run labs ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    We have very little to work on here with what you have provided us ... No labs, no protocol information, no reasoning from the doctor for increasing dosage, stats??? If you will read the sticky on 'How to get quality responses', you will have a better idea with what the vets and knowledgeable base are looking for.

I will say this though, your brown goo issue does not sound good. Not only do you need the E2 sensitive assay, but get your prolactin checked for sure. Hopefully you have explained this to your doctor?

Stinging nettle root will be able to lower SHBG. Until you post up a complete set of labs with ranges, I cannot suggest using this or anything else. If E2 is indeed a problem, then the method to conquer it will be with implementing AI into your regiment. Also, you mentioned a friend recommending DHEA ... Again, run labs!!! Don't assume anything, and don't let those friends do that either. Just run labs ASAP!
    The problem is they do not tell me anything unless I ask, The reason the Dr called (actually his nurse) and upped my doseage- well they didnt say that till I asked and she told me he wanted my numbers to go higher ...as they were only 375. That was from my last BW and the funny thing is I felt pretty darn good then. Lab work in 3 weeks -hopefully they will see something. Nipple soreness is better now and seems to be subsiding. Hopefully will stay that way.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Dont panic here, I'm just throwing this out there, as vette said very litle to go on. Years ago I had a client in his 40's that came down with testicular cancer. I recall asking him how he knew, what symptoms he had and he told me NONE, other than a discharge out of his nipple. Tes Cancer very common for younger men and also very curable, just dont overlook it.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    Dont panic here, I'm just throwing this out there, as vette said very litle to go on. Years ago I had a client in his 40's that came down with testicular cancer. I recall asking him how he knew, what symptoms he had and he told me NONE, other than a discharge out of his nipple. Tes Cancer very common for younger men and also very curable, just dont overlook it.
    Well the erect nipples just started since I went on TRT a few months ago so hopefully its not that quick....plus they did some kind of screening when they first put me on TRT so I should be ok there.
    But the problem did get better over the next few days and was no longer sore. It looked like maybe abrasion type of mark around the nipple. Everything looked and felt much better then I went running again last night and it happened again . I had been running about a minute and I could feel the shirt scratching it so it started hurting again. I am slowly lowering my dosage of everything to see if I can figure out what is causing this...

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    Well the erect nipples just started since I went on TRT a few months ago so hopefully its not that quick....plus they did some kind of screening when they first put me on TRT so I should be ok there.
    But the problem did get better over the next few days and was no longer sore. It looked like maybe abrasion type of mark around the nipple. Everything looked and felt much better then I went running again last night and it happened again . I had been running about a minute and I could feel the shirt scratching it so it started hurting again. I am slowly lowering my dosage of everything to see if I can figure out what is causing this...

Thread Information