Indiana J is offline Junior Member

Pinning for 6 months, 1st problem

So I've been ecstatic with my progress the past 6 months. Did my shot on Fri as usual, woke up Sat w some pain and swelling in quad (switched for a few months, no pain usually). Thought I pulled something bc I just worked legs Thurs. Could barely move it this am. Went to Dr and crap, I've got an infection! They pumped me full of antibiotics, and have to take for the next 10 days. She said that something must've contaminated my bottle and to trash it and start a new one.
    I follow same procedure every time. So not sure what happened. Moral of the story I guess is stay sterile, and if your body has a reaction, act quickly!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    instead of an alchohol wipe, i use a small bbottle atomizer (squirt bottle). spray the top of your vial, load the syringe, squirt your injection site, and pin

pretty basic stuff. but sometimes, shit happens....

Yea, I went back to school last year (very non-traditional student LOL) and microbiology scared the crap out of me. I wash my hands, wipe down counter, wipe vial top w alcohol pad, withdraw, wipe site w new pad, inject, use new pad to compress site and then a bandaide... It's overkill but its worked so far, not sure where I went wrong. Oh well, guess gloves are next LOL!
    Thankfully I only had a few ccs left in bottle.

Just a normal squirt bottle?

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana J
    Yea, I went back to school last year (very non-traditional student LOL) and microbiology scared the crap out of me. I wash my hands, wipe down counter, wipe vial top w alcohol pad, withdraw, wipe site w new pad, inject, use new pad to compress site and then a bandaide... It's overkill but its worked so far, not sure where I went wrong. Oh well, guess gloves are next LOL!
    Thankfully I only had a few ccs left in bottle.
    Sometimes going to that extent to try and clean everything is not better! You could be cross contaminating, I only inject right out of the shower, one wipe across the top of the vial, load,change pin, swab site, and inject!! I use the packaging to touch all my parts, never touch anything with your bare hands only the syringe!! Never had a problem.

Infection has pretty much cleared up. Still a little tender but the antibiotics knocked it out.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    glad your 6 months has yielded mostly good and you got it under control

Thread Information