Fit4Florida is offline Junior Member

Question Post cycle Bloods for Legit TRT

In 4 Weeks I’ll be finishing up a simple 500mg /wk Test, 50mg Ed Var cycle.

Been planning on making the leap to self prescribed Trt when finished. So….did not plan on PCT but I do have the necessary drugs on hand for a decent PCT protocol.

Now thinking if I’m planning on the extended journey of HRT I should maybe try to do it legit……

We know Var half life clears quick & test approx 2 weeks……but how long should I wait to have the doc pull blood to ensure it shows low “T”?

& should I run a PCT protocol if I decide to go that route?

Damn I hate to think of losing these great gains from this cycle! Ughhhhh

Is it worth it or just SELF TRT ????

Thanks ahead for yer .02
    Last edited by Fit4Florida; 02-04-2022 at 07:07 PM.

Surprised no one has chimed in….

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    There is a potential problem with the approach you are suggesting.

It seems like you may be trying to get insurance to cover your costs. It is becoming more and more common in the US for insurance companies to require 2 low t results before they cover the cost. I don't know what the time frame typically is between tests, but it would suck to keep your t intentionally low for any significant amount of time.

To me, that leaves two options.

First, self cover.

Second, use a specialized clinic like Defy or Viking or Honest Uncle Joe's TRT.

In the first case, you are kind of on your own, but that's OK. You've been cycling and know what you are doing.

In the second case, you typically have a bit more leeway with numbers. TRT clinics are going to put you on T, that's what they do. So maybe only one low t test, or maybe just the right buzzwords during your appointment get you to the promised land. But it is not cheap going this route.

In either case, you can always switch to a primary care doc. Once you are on a protocol and have good numbers, they won't likely change things much.

Just some thoughts. If you have a good source, with test, hcg and other ancillary drugs that work for you, I would probably just do the self administered route.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    There is a potential problem with the approach you are suggesting.

It seems like you may be trying to get insurance to cover your costs. It is becoming more and more common in the US for insurance companies to require 2 low t results before they cover the cost. I don't know what the time frame typically is between tests, but it would suck to keep your t intentionally low for any significant amount of time.

To me, that leaves two options.

First, self cover.

Second, use a specialized clinic like Defy or Viking or Honest Uncle Joe's TRT.

In the first case, you are kind of on your own, but that's OK. You've been cycling and know what you are doing.

In the second case, you typically have a bit more leeway with numbers. TRT clinics are going to put you on T, that's what they do. So maybe only one low t test, or maybe just the right buzzwords during your appointment get you to the promised land. But it is not cheap going this route.

In either case, you can always switch to a primary care doc. Once you are on a protocol and have good numbers, they won't likely change things much.

Just some thoughts. If you have a good source, with test, hcg and other ancillary drugs that work for you, I would probably just do the self administered route.
    I opened the convo with my primary about 6mos back b4 I restarted cycling again. He pulled bloods and I Test was 306. On follow up he did say my test was low and he is going to wait a few months and do another blood pull. I figured if I want to try to get insurance to pay now would be the time.

It does seem much less hassle to just self administer. It’ll def be cheaper than the TRT clinics.

I’m torn….

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    It’s a lifetime journey, makes sense to do it right with a competent physician rather than losing some short term gains…
    Best bet is to do it the right way.

Swilderbeast is offline Junior Member
    Very interested in your outcome please keep this updated. I’m tossing around the same idea. For anyone who’s done the Mens Wellness route about how much cost is there? I looked up test prices through GoodRX and test C wasn’t but $40. That seemed like a great price. But don’t know the other prices involved by going that route.

Excuse me - $20 for 4ml so $50 for a standard 10mL vial

Thread Information