killemall is offline New Member

Has anyone ever gotten prescribed toremifene?

21 year old male here with low total testosterone and relatively high free test ( 320 total test )
    Doctor said its way too low for my age and wants to try and boost it before starting me on TRT so I'm taking toremifene 120mg first 3 days then 90 mg eod for 2 weeks 60mg eod 2 weeks 30mg eod 2 weeks.
    Any input would be great, just really nervous because I never thought i'd have this problem and now that i do i feel alone.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I will agree on one part with your doctor, being that your test should be higher for your age. The medication he prescribed you tells me that he is confident your low test is resulted from lack of productivity with your HPTA. Could you please share the rest of your lab results with us, including the LH/FSH labs, so that we can see things from his perspective?

Also, presuming he ordered an MRI? Being only 21, surely he's concerned with why this is happening to you at such a young age?

I had an MRI done and I had many other tests done on my sinuses / brain / bawls / etc.
    He says theres no reason it should be this low other than the fact that my body went through a lot in the past year with infections and what not.
    I'll get the rest of the results in a few.

Thanks ^^ I'll keep an eye out for them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
    Thanks ^^ I'll keep an eye out for them ...
    I dont have them at this moment, I'll get a copy but in the meantime do you think this will help at all?
    Lets just say hypothetically everything is normal except my total testosterone is low.

xtitan1 is offline Associate Member
    Can someone explain to me the rationale behind using something like toremifene or any SERM vs. HCG for a secondary hypogonad case?

Quote Originally Posted by xtitan1 View Post
    Can someone explain to me the rationale behind using something like toremifene or any SERM vs. HCG for a secondary hypogonad case?
    The rationale is that the Toremifene 'might' work if your HPTA is suppressed, but it's capable and healthy enough with restarting itself with a little assistance from a SERM. It's not common for the HPTA to just voluntarily shutdown with someone your age, unless you've cycled anabolic steroids , taken other medications that might affect it, or if you have a tumor or some other condition in the pituitary region. Since you've had an MRI, that rules the tumor stuff out.

HCG is just simply signalling the testicles with LH, which would normally be happening with the HPTA if it is functioning properly. However, HCG would do nothing to promote restarting the HPTA. If you are secondary, then your testicles should respond nicely to HCG, and they will react with producing endogenous testosterone . However, once you stop administering the HCG, the testicles stop getting LH, and they will go back into atrophy mode once again ...

This is why we really need to see the baseline labs with the LH/FSH, and anything else you can provide. Just post it up when you get a chance.

xtitan1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
    The rationale is that the Toremifene 'might' work if your HPTA is suppressed, but it's capable and healthy enough with restarting itself with a little assistance from a SERM. It's not common for the HPTA to just voluntarily shutdown with someone your age, unless you've cycled anabolic steroids , taken other medications that might affect it, or if you have a tumor or some other condition in the pituitary region. Since you've had an MRI, that rules the tumor stuff out.

HCG is just simply signalling the testicles with LH, which would normally be happening with the HPTA if it is functioning properly. However, HCG would do nothing to promote restarting the HPTA. If you are secondary, then your testicles should respond nicely to HCG, and they will react with producing endogenous testosterone . However, once you stop administering the HCG, the testicles stop getting LH, and they will go back into atrophy mode once again ...

This is why we really need to see the baseline labs with the LH/FSH, and anything else you can provide. Just post it up when you get a chance.
    Wow great info vette, thank you. Just to make sure u noticed tho, I'm not the OP I was just wondering since it was being discussed here and I have a very similar situation (currently at the getting the MRI stage).

Quote Originally Posted by xtitan1 View Post
    Wow great info vette, thank you. Just to make sure u noticed tho, I'm not the OP I was just wondering since it was being discussed here and I have a very similar situation (currently at the getting the MRI stage).
    LOL, I was a little asleep at the wheel there, xtitan. I just glanced at the question and started typing. Either way, hopefully the explanation will be helpful for OP and others too.

I was hesitant to post without lab results as I dont have them yet.. but I was just curious if lets say the therapy that I'm undergoing right now works, and my testosterone raises and my estrogen lowers.. Will it stay like that or decline once the therapy is finished?

Thread Information