Scoobydoo is offline New Member

Early 30's with low testosterone levels and SHBG on Nebido TRT. Please advice.

I've been gathering information from these boards on TRT while being extremely frustrated with the slow response from public sector. I'm on my early 30's and I have had constant results of low testosterone . I have been using public medical care and when I was first diagnosed low testosterone levels endocrinologists denied doctors request of further studies behind the cause of my low levels.

I have been going to private doctor who should be one of the best on his field in this country and I was put on Nebido for half a year in 2009. I discontinued it as the treatment was pretty expensive and further diagnosis would have been rather expensive as public healthcare system didn't see any problems with my lab tests.

I tried to improve my testosterone levels by losing some weight I had gained and making sure I had enough sleep. Now after three years the symptoms got even worse and I went to measure my levels which came back basically as bad as they were before. While after almost three months of waiting the public medical care is still figuring out whether to do any further investigations on the issue I went to see the same doctor that put me on Nebido and continued the treatment.

What I'm worried about is that the cause behind my low testosterone levels is still unknown due to the lack of interest from public medical care and I would like to have some advice on what I should tell them to do. I have significantly low SHBG, low total testosterone and as far as I can understand relatively low LH.

During the last tests done this summer I was very stressed due to some relationship issues that had been brought by the symptoms of low testosterone levels (low libido, fatigue, etc. that had been present for years). I would like to make sure that I can push public sector to do all the necessary tests so that I can rule out any serious causes behind the low testosterone levels. For example I did request them to do the pituitary MRI but they haven't replied to my request.

Thank you in advance.

Lab tests:

2007 / Lab ranges
    • Total Testosterone 15 (nmol/l) / 10-38
    • SHBG 11 (nmol/l) / 13-71 (nmol/l)
    • Cortisol 200 (nmol/l)/ 150-650 (nmol/l)
    • IGF -1, IGFBP-3 230 (ng/ml)

27.11.2008 / Lab ranges
    • Total Testosterone 8,9 (nmol/l) / 10-38
    • Estradiol (E2) 0,09 (nmol/l) / <0,16 (males)

2.2.2009 / Lab ranges
    • Total Testosterone 9,7 (nmol/l) / 10-38
    • SHBG 7 (nmol/l) /13-71 (nmol/l)
    • LH 3.0 (IU/l) / range 2,5-7, males < 7
    • Prolactin 209 (mU/l) / 70-300
    • Cortisol 538 (nmol/l) / 150-650 (nmol/l)

After 9wks of 3rd nebido

31.8.2009 / Lab ranges
    • Total Testosterone 8,4 (nmol/l) / 10-38
    • Free Testosterone 205 (pmol/l)/ 200-580 (pmol/l)
    • SHBG 7 (nmol/l) / 13-71 (nmol/l)

2012 summer / Lab ranges
    • Total Testosterone ~10 (nmol/l) / 10-38
    • LH 2,3 / (range 1,7 - 8,6)
    • Prolactin 204 / 70-300
    Last edited by Scoobydoo; 08-07-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Thread Information