Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave900 View Post
    hmmm, i'm not really stressed from work or home. I believe i do sleep enough, and i eat pretty well. I just want to get to the bottom of my problem and fix it. I was pretty opposed to see a sex therapist, but now i'm considering it. Did anything look a little off with my bloodwork? Should my testosterone be higher for a 25 year old?
    Your bloodwork looked alright. I wouldn't say you got a high test level, but it's within the range of normal. I think your doctor is right in not wanting to give you TRT. Trust me on this, HRT sucks. So if you can find a way around it, it's worth it.

TennTarheel is offline Associate Member
    It's definitely not your test. There are plenty of guys that function normally on lower levels than you. Don't be opposed to a sex therapist man. I'm sure it may seem weird at first glance, but if the they can solve your issue or at least help, who cares??

dave900 is offline New Member
    Has anyone here had sexual/Low-t problems due to a variocele? I'm thinking the varioceles are the root of my problem as suggested by a few members in here. So after seeing 2 urologists that said the varioceles are fine, i tracked down a urologist that specializes in varioceles and treatment for them. I will see this doctor in about 2 weeks. My question is has anyone on these forums had problems due to varioceles and have you seen improvements since getting corrective surgery on them? On another forum i've read that people have gotten the surgery and still have problems with sex drive and low t. I've been doing a lot of research on the subject matter and the majority of the stuff i've read states that variocele don't effect libido and hormone levels, while some studies claim that they do. I'm a firm believer that there is an effect, and thus why there is evidence that it DOES effect testosterone . I just wanted to see if anyone on here had any stories on the subject matter.

I'm a little nervous about the possibility of me getting surgery, but since it can improve my sexual problems and raise my T 100 or 200 points then i'm all for it.

dave900 is offline New Member
    So i got the variocelectomy about a year ago, and just got recent bloodwork done, and it turns out my total testosterone is now 880!, which is practicalle double the number i had last year. Unfortunately my primary care doctor didn't really understand what i said when i said to test everything. I don't have any free testosterone levels or prolactin etc measured at all which is unfortunate. But i don't really feel much different, i don't have a higher libido or anything like that. i'm wondering what's wrong, or perhaps maybe they gave me wrong test numbers. i don't know. It doesn't make sense to me

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave900 View Post
    So i got the variocelectomy about a year ago, and just got recent bloodwork done, and it turns out my total testosterone is now 880!, which is practicalle double the number i had last year. Unfortunately my primary care doctor didn't really understand what i said when i said to test everything. I don't have any free testosterone levels or prolactin etc measured at all which is unfortunate. But i don't really feel much different, i don't have a higher libido or anything like that. i'm wondering what's wrong, or perhaps maybe they gave me wrong test numbers. i don't know. It doesn't make sense to me

Wow, good to hear and yes I read that before about variocele. I had something similar, a spermatocele and had surgery for it several years ago but also had a vasectomy at the same time.

Always make sure you get a copy of the test. I would not give up and keep looking to see what the problem might be. Also get your estrogen/estrodil checked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information