Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731

    Burning up, having hot flashes, and very irritable...

    I think this is from high estrogen levels???? What do you'll think??.... I'm on 180mg test a week and taking .75 mgs of arimidex ....I've been so hot lately and get upset very easy. Any advice would be appreciated... I had estradiol checked last week, so hope to get my results back soon.

  2. #2
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,357
    i am burning up just looking at your avi!

    it could be either way, high or low e2 will give you almost the same symptoms with the exception of joint pain.

  3. #3
    HRTstudent's Avatar
    HRTstudent is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Blog Entries
    27
    When my e2 was in the most flux is when I had my irritability problems. And that was very noticeable for me because I am extremely even-tempered. Its just unusual... always tied to E2 levels creeping up, regardless of T level.

  4. #4
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Hot, meaning temperament, irritable wise, or hot meaning literally hot, like a fever?

    Either way, I think labs are probably needed, and then let's review your program in detail.

  5. #5
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    i am burning up just looking at your avi!

    it could be either way, high or low e2 will give you almost the same symptoms with the exception of joint pain.
    I've never had low e2. Hope that's not the problem.

  6. #6
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by HRTstudent View Post
    When my e2 was in the most flux is when I had my irritability problems. And that was very noticeable for me because I am extremely even-tempered. Its just unusual... always tied to E2 levels creeping up, regardless of T level.
    Yes, I'm usually pretty laid back... I get upset over stupid things now and just feel on edge...Then have hot flashes on top of that....I've never had any nipple sensitivity though.

  7. #7
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
    Hot, meaning temperament, irritable wise, or hot meaning literally hot, like a fever?
    Either way, I think labs are probably needed, and then let's review your program in detail.
    Only thing that was tested was estradiol and blood count on labs last week. I gett very irritable, but yes my face and forehead feel like i'm burning up, but i have no fever....I also don't have any nipple sensitivity...


    Heres what i was doing...

    I was on 60mg twice a week. with .25 mg of arimidex twice a week.

    Now i'm taking 60mg three times a week and .25 mg of arimidex 3 times a week. I've been on this dosage for about 6 weeks..

    I just bought dhea and pregnenolone Micronized 50mg, but didn't want to start yet. Til i get this figured out.

  8. #8
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    It makes one wonder if it's some sort of reaction to one of your medications?

    I'd throw in a complete set of thyroid panels, and run all the other primary labs needed to assess your current status.

  9. #9
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
    It makes one wonder if it's some sort of reaction to one of your medications?

    I'd throw in a complete set of thyroid panels, and run all the other primary labs needed to assess your current status.
    Had that done recently.

    t4 free 1.11 ng/dl .89-1.76

    t3 free 4.22 pg/ml 2.3 - 4.2

    tsh .953 miu/l .35- 4.0


    This was on 60 mg of Armour thyroid....Was making me anxious so cut back to 45 mg...

  10. #10
    TraceMYD's Avatar
    TraceMYD is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    236
    Are you taking any post workout drinks with niacin or something else that may triggering the hot flashes?

    When I had high E2 I seemed more sensitive to those types of supplements

  11. #11
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceMYD View Post
    Are you taking any post workout drinks with niacin or something else that may triggering the hot flashes?

    When I had high E2 I seemed more sensitive to those types of supplements
    Nope, haven't been taking any supplements besides my multivitamin and vit d.

  12. #12
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    I've read other stories in the past, similar to this, where guys are having a reaction to the type of oil their test is suspended in. Cypionate is 'usually' suspended in cottonseed oil. However, if you're using a compounding pharmacy, possibly some recent changes maybe were made? Or if you recently switched to enanthate , or aka Delatestryl, it will usually suspend in sesame seed oil. Check with you clinic/doctor/pharmacy to see if any changes were made recently. Any rashes, hot sweats, or nausea associated with this? Can you place yourself when/where this first started?

  13. #13
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettester View Post
    I've read other stories in the past, similar to this, where guys are having a reaction to the type of oil their test is suspended in. Cypionate is 'usually' suspended in cottonseed oil. However, if you're using a compounding pharmacy, possibly some recent changes maybe were made? Or if you recently switched to enanthate, or aka Delatestryl, it will usually suspend in sesame seed oil. Check with you clinic/doctor/pharmacy to see if any changes were made recently. Any rashes, hot sweats, or nausea associated with this? Can you place yourself when/where this first started?

    All my test cyp is Pharm grade. I get hot flashes, but never have any fever... Don't think I usually sweat. I upped my dose six weeks ago and seems like the symptoms started about a week ago. So maybe the dose is to high and made my estrogen creep up...I felt kinda like this before i ever started arimidex , but have never had any nipple sensitivity.... I've also been more fatigued then normal, and that's hard to do, cause i'm always exhausted feeling. Thanks everyone for chiming in. Any other thoughts or recommendations are welcome! I just don't think i'm ever gonna feel good.

  14. #14
    startingnew is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    31
    When I started at 200mg/wk I felt like crap(test to high).I'm now at around 120-140mg/wk and feel much better.I've noticed that it takes 3-4 weeks when I go up or down on my test dosage to notice what change it has brought on.Even the extra 20mg/wk(60mg 2x/wk to 70mg 2x/wk)has an effect on my libido and how I feel energy wise.You may be feeling the effects of your change in test dosage from five wks ago.

  15. #15
    HRTstudent's Avatar
    HRTstudent is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac View Post
    All my test cyp is Pharm grade. I get hot flashes, but never have any fever... Don't think I usually sweat. I upped my dose six weeks ago and seems like the symptoms started about a week ago. So maybe the dose is to high and made my estrogen creep up...I felt kinda like this before i ever started arimidex, but have never had any nipple sensitivity.... I've also been more fatigued then normal, and that's hard to do, cause i'm always exhausted feeling. Thanks everyone for chiming in. Any other thoughts or recommendations are welcome! I just don't think i'm ever gonna feel good.
    Its important to remember that more is NOT NOT NOT better when it comes to testosterone replacement for quality of life. If that was the case you would have most doctors going higher and the anecdotes on the forum world to support it. But the reverse is true... once we get too high we see a reversal of improvement and typically anxiety is one of the common things. Now I'm not saying that your problem is definitely too high testosterone , but if I was you and the recent changes you made, id definitely suspect it.

    Also, nipple sensitivity is subjective. When I get gyno symptoms I never get sensitive nipples but I might get some slight itchiness and definitely puffiness over time. Everyone is different and some people can get high e2 (sky high) and never get nipple issues. Nipples are not the only thing influenced by e2

    The good news is, is that if you belieive you have gone too high, then now you are one step closer to being in your optimal dosage!

  16. #16
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by HRTstudent View Post
    Its important to remember that more is NOT NOT NOT better when it comes to testosterone replacement for quality of life. If that was the case you would have most doctors going higher and the anecdotes on the forum world to support it. But the reverse is true... once we get too high we see a reversal of improvement and typically anxiety is one of the common things. Now I'm not saying that your problem is definitely too high testosterone , but if I was you and the recent changes you made, id definitely suspect it.

    Also, nipple sensitivity is subjective. When I get gyno symptoms I never get sensitive nipples but I might get some slight itchiness and definitely puffiness over time. Everyone is different and some people can get high e2 (sky high) and never get nipple issues. Nipples are not the only thing influenced by e2

    The good news is, is that if you belieive you have gone too high, then now you are one step closer to being in your optimal dosage!
    I agree with more isn't always better... I was in the 400's on 120 mg a week.. That is why I upped my dosage... Would you personally wait to get estradiol results back or start cutting back now?? I'm not thinking normal and feel like i'm on fire right now, i'm so hot. I sometimes wish I never would of starterd trt..Lots of problems and haven't really felt better from it. And my doctor i did find through life extensions, so I don't think they are all great. Thanks for chiming in bro!

  17. #17
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    pretty high dose of test for trt

    i get that way and am on a low dose test and low AI

    i personally think we just get that way due to stressors in life but agree labs r always good place to start and or continue to monitor...

    hope u get out of the funk bro

    i just recently did as well

    almost was a personal mindset adjustment for my

    hope this helps

  18. #18
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Good to see you around jpk!

  19. #19
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    I'm guessing it's higher E2 & the .75 mgs of Arimidex . That typically isnt enough for 180-200 mgs of Test Cyp per week. Everyone's different though...

  20. #20
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    thanks vette

    geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez api u freaken monster

  21. #21
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    thanks vette

    geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez api u freaken monster
    Thanks bud, I'm trying! Was glad to hear you're doing well...

  22. #22
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    thanks ap

  23. #23
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Lil update guys. Thanks for all the information from everyone, but now i'm more confused...Thought I was definitely feeling high estrogen symptoms..

    Estradiol 28 0-40 pg/ml This is not a sensitive test, but i had this test done twice prior to starting trt and it was 27 and 32..So i don't think it's off as much as people say.

    Also need to donate blood next week, maybe this is why i'm burning up?

    RBC 6.01 3.9- 5.20 m/ul

    Hgb 17.6 12-18 g/dl

    Hct 53.2 37-53 percent

    Rdw 14.5 11.3- 14.3 percent

    Baso 1.9 0.0-1.5 percent

    Any more input is appreciated.....Thanks again everyone..

    ~ Confused Hack

  24. #24
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    whats the bp running bro?

  25. #25
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    whats the bp running bro?
    Forgot to say, good see you back around my brotha!

    At the doctors office it was 140 over 100... So it's been higher lately. I will have someone check it again tonight for me.

  26. #26
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,948
    I went through about a year of feeling warm/hot while on TRT. It was my 2nd or 3rd year into it, not my 1st. I use to and actually still sweat really easily and I'm only on .75 ml (180 mg) a week. My E2 levels are fine while I'm on HRT but im sensitive when/if I do a cycle and it shoots right up.

  27. #27
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac View Post
    Forgot to say, good see you back around my brotha!

    At the doctors office it was 140 over 100... So it's been higher lately. I will have someone check it again tonight for me.
    Thanks bro

    yeh that bp is a bit high to albeit being at the doc's office but worth monitoring in different environments and several times a day...that 100 is probably worse than the 140...

    no doctor but i would think that could cause hot flashes either way...not optimum number(s) for bp

    doc didnt seem concerned?

  28. #28
    Ricci82 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    108
    I was having similar symptoms, Was getting hot sitting in the AC with a ceiling fan on. I wanted to throw down with everyone. I suspected high e2, but after a week or two I kinda mellowed out. My blood pressure was 153/113. It was very high. I was having a minor allergic reaction also. Do you have a lot of stress right now. When i was having the symptoms i had three of my workers get DUI's and numerous personnel issues at work. May have a correlation. Hop it works out for you.

  29. #29
    Hackamaniac's Avatar
    Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    6,731
    I just donated a pint of blood...So, I'll see if that helps anything...I'm thinking about lowering my testosterone dose....Estradiol test was fine, but my blood pressure was just 150/96 when I donated...That's the highest it's ever been....I was extremely nervous about donating for the first time, sure that added to it....Stress is about the same as usual, I have some stuff i worry about, but not anything crazy. Thanks for chiming in everyone......I'm still confused though!

  30. #30
    bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,008
    You already are, but start paying close attention to the BP. Its starting to get in the unhealthy zone, actually last couple readings are. Im on BP meds, made all the dif in the world. Went on 6-7 yrs ago at age 37 or 38 was hard to accept but they dont call it the "silent killer" for nothing.

  31. #31
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac;61***48
    I just donated a pint of blood...So, I'll see if that helps anything...I'm thinking about lowering my testosterone dose....Estradiol test was fine, but my blood pressure was just 150/96 when I donated...That's the highest it's ever been....I was extremely nervous about donating for the first time, sure that added to it....Stress is about the same as usual, I have some stuff i worry about, but not anything crazy. Thanks for chiming in everyone......I'm still confused though!
    Hey bud, that BP is pretty high like Bullshark stated. No wonder you feel like crap. I'm surprised they let you donate, I think they have BP limits in place dont they? I think the Red Cross does if I recall correctly? Dont play Doctor with this, I'd suggest you see your GP right away. You really shouldnt be walking around with those numbers...

  32. #32
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    he got his first high bp result FROM the doctors office and from what i understand they didnt say anything about it

  33. #33
    gehrig44 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2
    What's Up Bro! Remember me? Coach44 Eddie Richey. Good to see ya man! Hit me back sometime and I'll tell you where I've been and the adventure that I had. Take care.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •