3 75.00%
  • 10 ml vial?

1 25.00%
  • 2 ml amps?

0 0%
    calstate23 is offline Banned

Just out of curiosity

For all you TRT patients...

Just wondering what is typical for your doctor to prescribe you and at what dose....

TEST CYP? BRAND? WEEKLY DOSE? COST OF TEST AT PHARMACY? And for those that take their injections at home what do you pick up from the pharmacy? 10 ml vial at what mg? 2 ml amps at what mg??
    Last edited by calstate23; 10-05-2012 at 05:20 PM.

HEVEW8 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    My doctors office repackages the test cyp so I don't know what brand it is, all I know is, they use grape seed oil... They just changed my dose from 175mg a week to 100mg.

Calstate23 - Your question is a good one; but the response complex and lengthy.

Depending upon the diagnosis of the patient (Primary vs. Secondary Hypogonadal) all protocols are custom to that individual...if prescribed by a trained physician.

If a man is age >40+ and and has androgen deficiency he may be put on a transdermal cream/gel and be done with it. Or, he can be put on a weekly protocol of Testosterone Cyp injections (dosages vary from 40mg to 200mg), HCG to keep testicles functioning and HPTA intact (dosages vary greatly here and there is no one protocol) and an Aromatase Inhibitor to manage E2.

If a man is age <35 and has very low sex hormones than diseases and other pathologies need to be ruled out or managed to bring a man back to normal levels. In these instances its more a medical condition and not one age related so the HRT protocols will depend on many variables and factors.

Some men may be put on HGH if warranted...the list goes on and on.

The objective at the end of the day is to get a mans hormonal pathways in hemostasis and within the optimal physiological ranges. And because all men are different and respond differently there is no one standard protocol. This all goes to make the man feel better, have greater health, well being and longevity of life.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum and you will get a sense of the complexity of HRT in men.

Hell, most Docs still don't even get it...

Most drugs come from either a comercial pharmacy or compounding pharmacy depending upon the Doc. The more highly trained Physicians use compounding pharmacies as they can custom blend their prescriptions not discounting the economics involved.

Thread Information