rjd63 is offline New Member

Androgel Questions.

Doctor wants me to try Androgel . Figure why not . Biggest concern is the getting up even earlier to apply in the morning . Is it really on recommended to apply in the morning? Have those of you on it how are your results doing?
    Thanks.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjd63
    Doctor wants me to try Androgel . Figure why not . Biggest concern is the getting up even earlier to apply in the morning . Is it really on recommended to apply in the morning? Have those of you on it how are your results doing?
    Thanks.
    One reason you apply in the morning is for absorption after your morning shower. Androgel dries quickly and is easy to apply. It won't take you more than a few minutes.

sparverius is offline Junior Member
    Applying in the morning more closely mimics the normal daily T cycle. You'll feel more normal vs applying other times of day.

Okay thanks. Was more concerned with getting up even earlier then now. Have to be to work at 5 am and didnt want to add to the morning stress. But it makes sense. Having the hard time trying to convince that injections would work better for schueld.

ReverendNewman is offline Associate Member
    My Dr. prescribed AndroGel to me a month ago. I have 4 bottles of it in my closet and another 4 more on order. Needless to say I haven't been using it. I had low "T" my last blood work. Of course because I just came off cycle. I didn't want to suppress my natural "T" production, so I am running Nova/Clomid combination. I didn't have any HCG on hand. Anyway, the few times I used it, I didn't like the way it left that cloudy residue on ur arms. Especially since in the war weather u can see it. Plus I did some postings and research up here and it's loke once ur on that stuff, u never come off. I did run in this except from an article:

The only people who go on HRT and then come off a while later are those who un-naturally suppressed their GOOD T production through the abuse of T or through some other mechanism such as an extremely low fat diet for an extended period.

Doug350SD is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37 View Post
    One reason you apply in the morning is for absorption after your morning shower. Androgel dries quickly and is easy to apply. It won't take you more than a few minutes.
    I was on Androgel for close to 4 years, it does get annoying and if you have to apply more than 1 packet, you can only spread it out so much and it only dries so fast I felt it was an added stress most mornings.
    Summer time put on chest and abdomen so family isn't exposed to it, then winter months on arms so shirt will cover it.
    I personally just started injections 3 weeks ago, so easy I'm still surprised by it. I also did not have good performance with the gel as my levels never went up they actually dropped, my doctor also never prescribed HCG either.

Just my 2 cents , hope this helps.

LT75 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendNewman View Post
    The only people who go on HRT and then come off a while later are those who un-naturally suppressed their GOOD T production through the abuse of T or through some other mechanism such as an extremely low fat diet for an extended period.
    What article is that from? I would say most of the time maybe yes, but not in my case and a few others. Kind of a ignorant comment to make by whoever.

ReverendNewman is offline Associate Member
    LT, I agree with u. I forgot what article I got the excerpt from. The author may have had a bias. I'm sure there r people that need TRT for whatever reasons. I just kinda tossed it out there. It was food for thought that I read and seemed logical considering I just came off cycle.

Well got the first set of blood work back. Not impressed!!! Went from 181 to 310 for total test.

Here they are :
    Total Test 310 range 285 - 950
    Free 90 range 50 - 247
    % free test 2.9 range 1.8 - 3.2
    sex binding gobulin 13 range 10 -74
    albumin 4,5 3.7 to 5.0

Red blood 4.26 (low) range 4.5 - 5.0
    hemoglobin 12.8 range 13.5 t0 17
    hematocrit 40.1 range 41.0 to 51

Not impressed with the results Didnt run any other test.

Any thoughts ?

Thread Information