Brohim is offline Senior Member

25mg Clomid ED doubles Testosterone levels

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    this is cut-&-paste from your link:

RESULTS:

Our cohort consisted of 125 men with hypogonadism and low libido. Mean age was 62 years (± 11.1 years). Serum T levels ranged from 309 ng/dL (baseline, mean value) to 642 ng/dL (3 months after CC initiation, mean value) (p < 0.001). Serum cholesterol levels ranged from 197 to 186 mg/dL (p = 0.003). There were no statistically significant differences when comparing pre and post-treatment HDL-Cholesterol, triglycerides, fasting plasma glucose and prolactin. All men reported improvements in the post-treatment QoL(Quality of Life) scores. No serious adverse events were recorded.

i wonder if any members here have any experience in this form of treatment.

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    When i got off trt, i did clomid and hcg for two weeks, it didnt do much to increase sperm. My wifey wanted another baby, so i got a hold of about 300 clomids, 50mg a piece, did them daily for about 6 monthes, before that i was shooting alot of blanks, im not sure what my test level was before then, but just took it last week and it was 137, but i have been off them for 3 monthes.

Oh and i wanna say this before anybody tries, this was not from a doctor, this is not advice if you are planning to have a kid, I was scared the whole time that the kid would be messed up, luckily it was not and the meds. didnt kill me.
    Last edited by joebailey1271; 11-06-2012 at 05:20 AM.

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by joebailey1271
    When i got off trt, i did clomid and hcg for two weeks, it didnt do much to increase sperm. My wifey wanted another baby, so i got a hold of about 300 clomids, 50mg a piece, did them daily for about 6 monthes, before that i was shooting alot of blanks, im not sure what my test level was before then, but just took it last week and it was 137, but i have been off them for 3 monthes.

Oh and i wanna say this before anybody tries, this was not from a doctor, this is not advice if you are planning to have a kid, I was scared the whole time that the kid would be messed up, luckily it was not and the meds. didnt kill me.
    I think the clomid method is just like any other trt. It needs to be continuous. Most likely forever. Once you're off clomid, your test levels will probably return to baseline, whatever that was.

So did you go back to your usual trt?

Blog Entries
    yeah im going to start this week, i think. Yeah im sure the clomid raised the test level, i actually felt better just taking that as opposed to taking the test, but it would probably be short lived before you would start having bad side effects. The only bad sides i noticed was pimples or zits, i have not had those since i was 15, and even then they was not as bad as it was while taking clomid.

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by joebailey1271
    yeah im going to start this week, i think. Yeah im sure the clomid raised the test level, i actually felt better just taking that as opposed to taking the test, but it would probably be short lived before you would start having bad side effects. The only bad sides i noticed was pimples or zits, i have not had those since i was 15, and even then they was not as bad as it was while taking clomid.
    50mg ed is a little high. You probably needed to check your estro levels. 25mg ed might have been safer. But since it was just for 3 months, i dont think there is any long term problem or sides.

Check out the studies i posted in the other clomid thread. Those guys were on it for 3 yrs!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    50mg ed is a little high. You probably needed to check your estro levels. 25mg ed might have been safer. But since it was just for 3 months, i dont think there is any long term problem or sides.

Check out the studies i posted in the other clomid thread. Those guys were on it for 3 yrs!
    ok cool, ill check it out.

TShoot is offline New Member
    Interesting info. Thanks for sharing!

Badidea is offline New Member
    Dose is too high for long term. Lower dose continual use leads to strong test levels and minimal to no sides.

adam1973 is offline Junior Member
    Im doing 25mg eod. I do not know what its doing to my test levels yet. I started with test at 194 about a month ago.

adam1973 is offline Junior Member
    I had normal FSH & LH

Thread Information