frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"

low t blood work ???

had blood work done doc finally called me back he said it was low and told me to come see him to talk about it what im wondering is will he give me another blood test to see what is causing me to have low test or will he just put me on and give me blood work later to see my levels

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank13
    had blood work done doc finally called me back he said it was low and told me to come see him to talk about it what im wondering is will he give me another blood test to see what is causing me to have low test or will he just put me on and give me blood work later to see my levels
    What was your level?

Tell us everything about yourself like training, diet, weight, BF, aas history, drugs/meds, medical history...all the specs man!!!

Get a copy of your bloodwork and post it here with ranges.

gd

i wish i knew he didn't say he made me make an appointment to see him to talk about it this guy wants money every time i tern around hes making me make another appointment
    just to make his fee for my next appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219

What was your level?
    I was just curious cuz I'm a 27 yo male and my total test was 290 which seemed low to me but the dr said it was fine...I wanna call bs lol that's why I asked what his was

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Tell us everything about yourself like training, diet, weight, BF, aas history, drugs/meds, medical history...all the specs man!!!

Get a copy of your bloodwork and post it here with ranges.

gd
    not to be a dick but my question is about blood work if your on hrt what is the normal course of test for hrt
    Last edited by frank13; 11-07-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: cant spell today

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    I was just curious cuz I'm a 27 yo male and my total test was 290 which seemed low to me but the dr said it was fine...I wanna call bs lol that's why I asked what his was
    290 is low

Quote Originally Posted by frank13

290 is low
    That what I thought. The range was like 250-870 or something like that, I asked the dr bout it considering I'm 27 I thought it should at least b around 500, somewhere in the middle. He said it was still in normal range. I think I need a new doc lol

i don't think that's normal at all i think its 300 to 1200 is normal any thing under 400 for a 25 year old i would think is low see a new doc

Quote Originally Posted by frank13 View Post
    not to be a dick but my question is about blood work if your on hrt what is the normal course of test for hrt
    There really is no "normal course" for HRT in men...way too many variables.

If it's age related sex hormone deficiency a man could start out on something like this:

Weekly:
    100mg Test Cyp IM
    1mg AI
    250iu HCG 3X

Blood work in 6 weeks...

If it's related to a medical pathology that that needs to be addressed first.

so it would not be normal for him to give me another blood test to try and find out what is causing the low test ? in other words he doesn't care about finding out the reason for the low test he will just put me on hrt and give me blood work in six more weeks

so it would not be normal for him to give me another blood test to try and find out what is causing the low test ? in other words he doesn't care about finding out the reason for the low test he will just put me on hrt and give me blood work in six more weeks
    Not that he doesn't care; he's most likely not trained to know what to look for so he's just dumping Test on it and forget any medical pathology that may be the root cause.

For non age related decline or Primary conditions TRT should be the absolute last chance where all other remedies failed.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i think when you go see him, most likely more labs will be done. it would be a bit hasty to prescribe treatment just after one reading.

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    i think when you go see him, most likely more labs will be done. it would be a bit hasty to prescribe treatment just after one reading.
    ok so most likely i will be given more blood work before he puts me on anything

AD
    ok so most likely i will be given more blood work before he puts me on anything
    i believe so. i hope so....
    like GD said, thats the correct way.

AD
    you might even get a brain scan, if your doc wants to be super thorough.

you might even get a brain scan, if your doc wants to be super thorough.
    probably not this guy is geto hrt was the first thing he offered

Go to the sticky on Finding a TRT Doc written by kel and in there you will see the list of labs you need...print them out.

Take it to your Doc, if he questions you on them or refuses...you got a Doc who doesn't know what he's doing.

Go to the sticky on Finding a TRT Doc written by kel and in there you will see the list of labs you need...print them out.

Take it to your Doc, if he questions you on them or refuses...you got a Doc who doesn't know what he's doing.
    im fine with going on hrt its just this guy nickel and dimes me to death and i dont want him to give me test if i dont need them to be honest i was hoping that he would put me on hrt and i could be on my way come back in 6 weeks get another blood work to see how things r going make adjustment if need be and go on with my life

TennTarheel is offline Associate Member
    That's not how HRT works bro. It's not a cycle to give you a bump in Test then you're off. HRT is for life. You would no longer be producing adequate amounts of Test on your own. You may want to research it a a lot before you let some idiot doc just throw test at you, because a lot of them will in HOPES of fixing you. But if you aren't old enough to have Age Related Androgen Deficiency, then there is an underlying problem causing your low test. Know what I mean?

Sure, at first glance, having a doc throw a script for test at you may seem sweet, but in actuality he could be screwing your system up when it could have been some other simple issue.

^^^^What he said.

Looks like the message is getting out there.

If you under 35 and not diagnosed as Primary Hypogonadal; the chances of some sort of pathology is high (barring injury).

It suggests something is wrong and needs to be evaluated, diagnosed and corrected and TRT the last course of action when all else fails.

That's just the correct way to do it.

God forbid if there was a serious underlying condition that a Physician didn't know to check on and the Testosterone only made the disease worse...think about it, sort of scary.

i have check ups done regularly two different docs i get full blood work done regularly i am absolutely healthy in every way i only thing i haven't had tested in a bit was my test i know it was low from other symptoms associated with low test i think we all know what im talking about why its low its probably from steroid use over the years but i dont want him to know that
    Last edited by frank13; 11-08-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TennTarheel View Post
    That's not how HRT works bro. It's not a cycle to give you a bump in Test then you're off. HRT is for life. You would no longer be producing adequate amounts of Test on your own. You may want to research it a a lot before you let some idiot doc just throw test at you, because a lot of them will in HOPES of fixing you. But if you aren't old enough to have Age Related Androgen Deficiency, then there is an underlying problem causing your low test. Know what I mean?

Sure, at first glance, having a doc throw a script for test at you may seem sweet, but in actuality he could be screwing your system up when it could have been some other simple issue.
    i know how hrt works "bro" when i said (i was hoping that he would put me on hrt and i could be on my way come back in 6 weeks get another blood work to see how things r going make adjustment if need be and go on with my life ) where in there do u think i think its a cycle ??
    Last edited by frank13; 11-08-2012 at 10:45 PM.

i have check ups done regularly two different docs i get full blood work done regularly i am absolutely healthy in every way i only thing i haven't had tested in a bit was my test i know it was low from other symptoms associated with low test i think we all know what im talking about why its low its probably from steroid use over the years but i dont want him to know that
    This kills me; it's the first time in this thread where you state you abused steroids and are essentially shut down

Why didn't you just say that from the outset in your OP???

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries
    Hey Frank I am an old new guy here and these guys you are chatting with are not just offering you fake info or requesting info to belittle you . The forum doesn't allow advertising but you may very well be chatting with real doctors trying to give you good info ! They are concernd for your health and well being not anything in the relm of trying to get into your personal life . I am 53 and have Test level of (78) due to Juice abuse in my twenties and I wish I had this much educated advise coming my way 20 years ago when I was where you are but Doctors in the 80's wanted to punish guys who had been jucing and made me suffer . No doubt your abuse has effected your current level. If you will work with these guys they will point you in the correct direction ! But as they told me when I 1st became a member only 2 weeks ago to slow down . They were spot on ! I was right where you are and had no assistance or source for info from doctors in the 80's; WOW I am old you wern't even born then I don't think ? . The medical field is full of doctors that will put you on a text book routine for Test and that still will not be the correct dose. If you ecucate yourself by reading many other stickys on this forum a lot of the question you are asking I found the answers to after the fact !

I am 53 and you are almost half my age and IMO what they are trying to get across is that you may not need Test to correct your issue . I am a far cry from as smart as the members that have been offering you suggestions. One thing I think you have answered for yourself is One of the doctors is tapping your wallet and I didn't read where you shared any info on the other doctor or why you were seeing 2 doctors and knowing one is out for your money. I just know one of the easiest things they told me right off was to slow down and that did not cost me a dime ?

Good luck with your issue and I hope you find the root of the problem and not just a doctor willing to treat the symptoms ! I was told I was Type II dibetic and if that doctors had read all the readings and looked at them OR knew what to look for I was Low T and not diabetic although they looked at 3 readings and came up with Dibetic and over looked what was obvious to another doctor who was suprised that 2 other doctors did not see my issue right off the bat from my complete blood work . Which by the way there is a detailed sticky in the anabolic section on blood work and it is written so anyone can understand and know what to ask for and educate yourself on what each of the important readings mean . . . . all of them as a whole. To much to memorize just have to know what to TELL your doctor to test you for. What about high estrogen levels ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-09-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling errors lol never learn . . lol

So basically you don't want any actual advice bc you know it all. Our apologies for actually showing a little interest in your health. You did say your doc was "geto", I guess you meant "ghetto", so I took that he didn't give a shit and would just give you hormones and send you on your way. Good luck with that. I guess we'll help you when problems start arising

This kills me; it's the first time in this thread where you state you abused steroids and are essentially shut down

Why didn't you just say that from the outset in your OP???
    sorry i made this thread late at night i was tired and i didn't think it was relevant at the time i am familiar with hrt i just am not familiar with the process and my original question was about blood work i was just curious about how many blood test i would be given sorry about the confusion i appreciate your taking the time to answer my question

question answered thanks asiandude your definitely one of the most reliable and intelligent members on this site thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Hey Frank I am an old new guy here and these guys you are chatting with are not just offering you fake info or requesting info to belittle you . The forum doesn't allow advertising but you may very well be chatting with real doctors trying to give you good info ! They are concernd for your health and well being not anything in the relm of trying to get into your personal life . I am 53 and have Test level of (78) due to Juice abuse in my twenties and I wish I had this much educated advise coming my way 20 years ago when I was where you are but Doctors in the 80's wanted to punish guys who had been jucing and made me suffer . No doubt your abuse has effected your current level. If you will work with these guys they will point you in the correct direction ! But as they told me when I 1st became a member only 2 weeks ago to slow down . They were spot on ! I was right where you are and had no assistance or source for info from doctors in the 80's; WOW I am old you wern't even born then I don't think ? . The medical field is full of doctors that will put you on a text book routine for Test and that still will not be the correct dose. If you ecucate yourself by reading many other stickys on this forum a lot of the question you are asking I found the answers to after the fact !

I am 53 and you are almost half my age and IMO what they are trying to get across is that you may not need Test to correct your issue . I am a far cry from as smart as the members that have been offering you suggestions. One thing I think you have answered for yourself is One of the doctors is tapping your wallet and I didn't read where you shared any info on the other doctor or why you were seeing 2 doctors and knowing one is out for your money. I just know one of the easiest things they told me right off was to slow down and that did not cost me a dime ?

Good luck with your issue and I hope you find the root of the problem and not just a doctor willing to treat the symptoms ! I was told I was Type II dibetic and if that doctors had read all the readings and looked at them OR knew what to look for I was Low T and not diabetic although they looked at 3 readings and came up with Dibetic and over looked what was obvious to another doctor who was suprised that 2 other doctors did not see my issue right off the bat from my complete blood work . Which by the way there is a detailed sticky in the anabolic section on blood work and it is written so anyone can understand and know what to ask for and educate yourself on what each of the important readings mean . . . . all of them as a whole. To much to memorize just have to know what to TELL your doctor to test you for. What about high estrogen levels ?
    i know what your saying quite well i get help from this site a lot and try to help as much as i can most of the time i stick to pm but i was thinking this question would have to do more with peoples experiences with there hrt docs and pm one person would not do thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by TennTarheel View Post
    So basically you don't want any actual advice bc you know it all. Our apologies for actually showing a little interest in your health. You did say your doc was "geto", I guess you meant "ghetto", so I took that he didn't give a shit and would just give you hormones and send you on your way. Good luck with that. I guess we'll help you when problems start arising
    thank u for offering no real advice i don't know it all why else would i make a thread u insult me in your first post and then get mad when i respond to u and thanks for correcting my spelling i was never known as a wordsmith but just so u know u can spell "ghetto" like this or u can spell "geto" like this Google it many people spell it that way
    Last edited by frank13; 11-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.

No insult in my first post.

Blog Entries

I read this whole Post / Thread 1 big goose egg and discord

I am a (Senior in life and a "Jr Member") I do know Frank has about 600 more post than me. I also see that post numbers only count for posting priveliges . It is plain that reading on this forum is a lot more bennificial than posting .

Again I have found that out after the fact. Getting along and repecting other members if a primary objective for being a productive member and a lasting member of this forum. There are stidkys at the top of each section including the "Introduce Yourself Section" If I had read the stickys I would not have ask a question when introducing myself / I have possibly 56 post but I have stopped posting unless I felt that I could share the pain I have gone through in hopes it may get someones attention and prevent them from suffering like I have for a solid 20 years of LoW T.

If every new member and it would seem some seasoned members would read the stickys at the top of the 1st 3 sections 80% of all question would be answered ? Including how to make a post and get a good response from those in the know and I read the section on getting banned. I need this forum and anyone asking a question probably does also.

But if I guess members in general would review these stickys they would make things a lot easier on themselves and others.

OP Should state plain direct question and limit them to 2 or 3 very detailed topics. Additionally detailed information already posted in the need to know before you post section .

I must be honest as an older man and I do notice this form is lacking from the opening post in this thread and that lead to a number of knowledgable members having to ask a lot of quetion that anoyed the OP who failed to disclose very need to know info at the beginning of this thread.

If it had opened with:

1) I am 27 yrs old and have ?? yrs experience with workouts/training and use of gear since I was ?? yrs old .
    2) Also I am concerned with how I seek proper medicial treatment and what will the blood work consist of to get on needed treatment due to my past use of gear .
    3) Any and all expert knowledge from specialist in these ares would be a big favor to me.
    4) I NEED information because I am currently seeing a doctor that I don't feel like knows what he is doing .

This could have been a productive post for Frank and many other members that would have read it ~ !

The thread would have went a lot smoother and no feathers ruffeled and the knowledgable member possibly would still be contributing . As it is cross words have been exchanged and the the op is no closer to a defined aanswer than when he started and the knowledgable members har moved on to assist other new member just like they did with me because I was using this forum as a journal annd few if any toof time to read my long post I have reached out to some members and fit2bOld sent me a pm and explained what I was doing wrong and slowly but surely I have been getting some of my short direct quetions answered.

I know the last thing a young buck 27 and been atomic jucing want to hear is what I just posted I am just a wore out old man to you who is crazy . But I will have to attest to this I am no TRT expext but you don't get to be 53 without learning a lot about life and a considerable amount about people . I will share this and move on . If you are in need of something and you are not paying for it you better be pretty dog gone humble and still hold your ground to make your point .However to have excuses and not tell the whole truth from the strat will get you about what you had when you got started . . . . NADA Damn thing and that is all you got from this post Frank. Again it should be a sticky in the TRT section and at the heading of each thread SLOW DOWN

Frank I hope you can reel them back in but you will not do it by being contrary ; you will need to possibly send out a few "I'm Sorrys" and get a lot more humble as opposed to contrite. Lots of luck with you issues
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-10-2012 at 01:27 AM.

I am a (Senior in life and a "Jr Member") I do know Frank has about 600 more post than me. I also see that post numbers only count for posting priveliges . It is plain that reading on this forum is a lot more bennificial than posting .

Again I have found that out after the fact. Getting along and repecting other members if a primary objective for being a productive member and a lasting member of this forum. There are stidkys at the top of each section including the "Introduce Yourself Section" If I had read the stickys I would not have ask a question when introducing myself / I have possibly 56 post but I have stopped posting unless I felt that I could share the pain I have gone through in hopes it may get someones attention and prevent them from suffering like I have for a solid 20 years of LoW T.

If every new member and it would seem some seasoned members would read the stickys at the top of the 1st 3 sections 80% of all question would be answered ? Including how to make a post and get a good response from those in the know and I read the section on getting banned. I need this forum and anyone asking a question probably does also.

But if I guess members in general would review these stickys they would make things a lot easier on themselves and others.

OP Should state plain direct question and limit them to 2 or 3 very detailed topics. Additionally detailed information already posted in the need to know before you post section .

I must be honest as an older man and I do notice this form is lacking from the opening post in this thread and that lead to a number of knowledgable members having to ask a lot of quetion that anoyed the OP who failed to disclose very need to know info at the beginning of this thread.

If it had opened with:

1) I am 27 yrs old and have ?? yrs experience with workouts/training and use of gear since I was ?? yrs old .
    2) Also I am concerned with how I seek proper medicial treatment and what will the blood work consist of to get on needed treatment due to my past use of gear .
    3) Any and all expert knowledge from specialist in these ares would be a big favor to me.
    4) I NEED information because I am currently seeing a doctor that I don't feel like knows what he is doing .

This could have been a productive post for Frank and many other members that would have read it ~ !

The thread would have went a lot smoother and no feathers ruffeled and the knowledgable member possibly would still be contributing . As it is cross words have been exchanged and the the op is no closer to a defined aanswer than when he started and the knowledgable members har moved on to assist other new member just like they did with me because I was using this forum as a journal annd few if any toof time to read my long post I have reached out to some members and fit2bOld sent me a pm and explained what I was doing wrong and slowly but surely I have been getting some of my short direct quetions answered.

I know the last thing a young buck 27 and been atomic jucing want to hear is what I just posted I am just a wore out old man to you who is crazy . But I will have to attest to this I am no TRT expext but you don't get to be 53 without learning a lot about life and a considerable amount about people . I will share this and move on . If you are in need of something and you are not paying for it you better be pretty dog gone humble and still hold your ground to make your point .However to have excuses and not tell the whole truth from the strat will get you about what you had when you got started . . . . NADA Damn thing and that is all you got from this post Frank. Again it should be a sticky in the TRT section and at the heading of each thread SLOW DOWN

Frank I hope you can reel them back in but you will not do it by being contrary ; you will need to possibly send out a few "I'm Sorrys" and get a lot more humble as opposed to contrite. Lots of luck with you issues
    you have to be out of your mind or something anyways asiandude understood and answered my questions very easily he said [B](i think when you go see him, most likely more [/B]labs will be done. it would be a bit hasty to prescribe treatment just after one reading) question answered i dont under stand what so hard about that and u post a long rambling post for what to say that u couldn't answer a very simple question and my personal info has nothing to do with the question we are on here to help each other i have never had an interaction with members on this site as i have in this thread crazy and the only goose eggs around here are in your head

Blog Entries

If I were not older and more tempered I would thick you had a chip on your shoulder ?

OK !

I still wish you the best of luck with your many issues ! I would expect a reply like this from a young boy like you. Your insecrurities really show through when you reply in the manner you have to me and other members , I hope you seek help with your many isssues before you end up harming yourself . But you seem to enjoy putting others down and that could mean a much deeper rooted mental issue that you even are unaware of at this time ? Good luck with your search for the correct answer even though it may not be that answer you are seeking . As you mature these things will make more sence to you and when you are humbled you will welcome the assistance of others ! Have a nice life and good kluck .

I'm out'a here and will not look back ! You have to much anger for some reason and I am way past that stage in my life and choose not to deal wth young boys like you with an attitude . I hope you get help for all of your many issues !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-10-2012 at 08:18 PM.

AD
    OK !

I still wish you the best of luck with your many issues ! I would expect a reply like this from a young boy like you. Your insecrurities really show through when you reply in the manner you have to me and other members , I hope you seek help with your many isssues before you end up harming yourself . But you seem to enjoy putting others down and that could mean a much deeper rooted mental issue that you even are unaware of at this time ? Good luck with your search for the correct answer even though it may not be that answer you are seeking . As you mature these things will make more sence to you and when you are humbled you will welcome the assistance of others ! Have a nice life and good kluck .

I'm out'a here and will not look back ! You have to much anger for some reason and I am way past that stage in my life and choose not to deal wth young boys like you with an attitude . I hope you get help for all of your many issues !
    ermm.. thanks for the tip. i think op said he got his question answered already. so lets just let it rest. thanks again.

Thread Information