boxingfan30 is offline Member

Does anyone know of a good HRT doctor in the Charlotte, NC area?

Hey all, my Father went to an Endo in this area, and for one the blood tests took quite a while to get back, they also didn't test him for IGF-1, so i'm wondering if anyone happens to know of a good Endo in that area by chance? They keep putting him on the test cream. He's been on the 1.62% stuff for a while now and his test levels have reached 415. He's 67 so I know his test shouldn't be through the roof or anything, but I would think it should been a bit higher than that.

They won't put him on injections because he has to take blood thinners, i'm just not sure this is the best Doc for him and i'd like for him to go and get a second opinion, but a proper endo that understands all aspects of HRT, which it seems many of them do not.

Any ideas or suggestions? I don't have all of his blood work numbers, but he's coming home for a week tomorrow so I can get them then and post them up.

Well my Father came home yesterday. He brought all of his bloodwork which I looked over... total test was 413.... guess what? No Free test mentioned, no E2 mentioned, no IGF-1 or GH mentioned... this guy is a f***ing endocrinologist? Really?

Google "anti aging Doctor Charlotte" something will come up.

TennTarheel is offline Associate Member
    The "Queen City" is my old stomping grounds! I'm sure there are quite a few good HRT docs there. I'll see if I can reach out and get some info. Damn I miss NC.

harley121 is offline Associate Member
    I I m'd you

Quote Originally Posted by TennTarheel View Post
    The "Queen City" is my old stomping grounds! I'm sure there are quite a few good HRT docs there. I'll see if I can reach out and get some info. Damn I miss NC.
    That's awesome man... I really appreciate it.

TennTarheel is offline Associate Member
    Harley are you from NC also?

Quote Originally Posted by TennTarheel View Post
    Harley are you from NC also?
    Yes, check your IM Tenn!

Hey Tenn, any word about any good docs in that area? I called an Anti-again clinic place today. Unfortunately they aren't affiliated with any sort of insurance, so my Dad would have to go through an appointment and then try to submit it to his insurance company. I asked the place if they would have their head nurse call me back and let me know who they felt the best Endo in that area would be for HRT, so I guess i'll get something tomorrow. Harley, I will post it and let you know what I find out as well.

Update: I called both my Father's family doctor as well as the endo. After being around him for a few days, once he sits down the man cannot stay awake for 5 minutes... he doses off all the time. He had previously had a metal heart valve put in and thus has to go to a heart doc once a year. He just went and was told he was good to go and he didn't need to see him for a year, so that's not the issue.

His endo's nurse told me that a year ago his E2, IGF-1, GH, TT, FT, all looked "fine". I asked her... do his symptoms sound like he's "fine"? These tests were also done a year ago, so the recent test only should his total test. He has an appointment to go back to his family doctor on Friday. I told him to get all of the above checked and to get a copy of them.

I also called the anti-aging clinic and was told that they are not affiliated with any insurance. The first visit is 425.00 and each one after that is 225.00. He cannot afford that though.

Something HAS to be off, his total levels are are 413 which are "normal" and for 67 i'm not sure if that's considered to be good or not for his age. They keep saying because of his blood thinners he can't use shots... well that cream sucks ass and doesn't do very well ... he's been on it for 10 years and 450 was the highest he ever was and that was from pellet implants.

Sounds like a complete BW work up as shown in the sticky at the top of this section might be a good idea?

Yeah, I THOUGHT I had all of his the last time. He told me he was bringing all of it, yet all of the stuff I put on there was missing. It's frustrating because no one really seems to really know a whole lot about this stuff. I really would have thought doctors would have been a lot more up to date rather than just throwing a note with a test cream prescrip at you because you're older. There has got to be something better than this. Oh well, we'll see what his blood tests reveal when he gets a full blood work-up done on Friday.

On a side note... could it be possible that B-12 shots could help him? I haven't had time to throughly read about them.

Thread Information