Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sparverius is offline Junior Member

First HCG shot. Should it sting?

200iu in .2ml. First time I've done SQ, in the belly. 31ga 1/2" insulin needle. Is it supposed to sting like that? IM Test. Cyp. is nearly painless.

Sometimes it can but it really shouldn't; it's a water based peptide.

Where you sure to let the alcohol dry before you did the injection?

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    Did you mix it yourself and use "bacteriostatic water"? (I have read anecdotes here where other solutions, used in error, caused pain.)

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    I have found that the water containing 0.9% sodium chloride that occasionally ships with hCG , stings. However, when reconstituted with Bacteriostatic water, it doesn't sting and i believe BW stabilizes it longer.

My .02

jasondd1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyknox View Post
    i have found that the water containing 0.9% sodium chloride that occasionally ships with hcg , stings. However, when reconstituted with bacteriostatic water, it doesn't sting and i believe bw stabilizes it longer.

My .02
    +1 imo

GeriatricOne is offline Associate Member
    Question for the veterans... Any reason why it has to be in the belly? I don't like it and my clinic says it doesn't matter. They give me in arm or butt. It's all the same, yes?

Any fat pad on the body will do...the love handles seem to be the best for me.

Pinch up...inject...let go...done.

Easy peasy!

harley121 is offline Associate Member
    GD, I gotta be honest, your AV is quite.....um... distracting from this quest of knowledge. lol. I can't seem to move on from any of your posts! Its not even costing any money to enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    Any fat pad on the body will do...the love handles seem to be the best for me.

Pinch up...inject...let go...done.

Easy peasy!

banehallow is offline Junior Member
    you sure its in the subq? sometimes when you slant the needle too much it'll turn out to be an ID (intradermal) at the skin level. you got your pain sensation there maybe that's the reason for the sting..

Vettester is offline Banned
    It's probably the alcohol swab not being dried as mentioned by GD.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    OP, just to be clear, my comment was merely a suggestion and an alternative possibility based on my experience. However, I do believe that alcohol is more often the culprit in these cases, as GD pointed out.

bigboy67 is offline Associate Member
    this happens to me about one in a hundred times.... some spots just smart for some reason, not sure if there are nerve bundles or something in certain spots, but I bet if you do another (and assuming you are using Bacteriostatic Water, and letting alcohol swab dry before injection) it probably wont hurt that time around

I'm sure I let the alcohol dry. I'm now used to injecting in my thigh or glute but was nervous about the stomach. It took me a while to do it.

The water I got is marked "Sterile water for injection, USP". The place I got it from marketed it as bacteriostatic.

I might have done it ID. I don't have a lot of body fat and was pinching a bunch of skin to make sure I didn't go IM.

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparverius View Post
    The water I got is marked "Sterile water for injection, USP". The place I got it from marketed it as bacteriostatic.
    They aren't the same thing. I have read (on this site) that "sterile water" can sting, and I think that Bacteriostatic Water has a longer shelf life when you mix it. (This is off the top of my head, but I am pretty sure I have it right.)
    Last edited by junk2222yard; 12-03-2012 at 05:57 PM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by junk2222yard View Post
    They aren't the same thing. I have read (on this site) that "sterile water" can sting, and I think that Bacteriostatic Water has a longer shelf life when you mix it. (This is off the top of my head, but I am pretty sure I have it right.)
    Yup, I got hCG from a vendor that only sells sterile water. I mixed it because the guys here said it was OK for short term use and to use bacteriostatic water next time. I have had zero problems, but every injection stings a little bit.

Maybe I got the wrong stuff.

I find Bacteriostatic water that's .9% benzyl alcohol, and Bacteriostatic water that's .9% benzyl alcolol and has sodium chloride, marketed as "contains the preservative for mixing HCG ", and some that's just got sodium chloride. Which should I use?

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    I think the sodium chloride is there to make the injection fluid more similar to the fluids in your body. Thus, less pain/sting.

Yep, that's it. I tried the bacteriostatic water with sodium chloride. No sting.

Thanks!

Thread Information