Nate02 is offline Associate Member

Is Oral HCG Effective?

Hello everyone.
    Excuse me for posting another thread, but I felt this question its potential answers could benefit viewers more separate from my own thread.

This afternoon, I visited a Naturopathic doctor. He doesn't have injection rights, as stated in the limits of a Naturopathic doctor's prescription ability. However, this was not always the case. He had multiple patients whom injected HCG for weight loss successfully. Once the limits on prescription ability I mentioned above were implemented, his patients began to take oral HCG. He reported it to be just as successful as injectable HCG.

I had come to understand, as I am sure many of you have as well, that oral HCG was ineffective. However, he told me that the reason it has been come under this scrutiny, is how popular it is becoming as a weight loss aide. As its popularity grew, inevitably the knock-offs appeared everywhere, obscuring the effective HCG supplements. He went on to tell me his HCG is effective. I would not be surprised by this, as he is a very reputable Naturopathic doctor.

All this being said, my concern here is not weight loss, but TRT. I am considering taking oral HCG along with Androgel 1.62%. Any thoughts on oral HCG in this regard?

Thank you.

jj341 is offline New Member
    I'd be interested in this too. I've seen several oral over the counter hcg tablets advertised for weight loss.

Vettester is offline Banned
    For the record, I have never taken any oral HCG treatments. I am skeptical about how effective it will be, but there's only one way to find out ... Try it mono-therapy for 3 weeks or so and run a serum lab. My nutometer would know in the first 5 days if it is the real deal or not.

Are you currently on the AG 1.62% medication? If so, what kind of protocol are you on, and how do your serum labs look? Again, the only proof to know if it is effective will be labs. Either mono-therapy, or add it to your AG protocol and do some labs to compare. I did quite a bit of this when I first started HCG, just to see how effective HCG was in my program. This might be a good opportunity for you to see just how effective it may, or may not be for your program, which would also prompt an adjustment with your testosterone dosage to keep things in balance.

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    NO. Oral HCG is garbage! Dont waste your money and dont fall for it. Unless there is a new pharmacutical grade that i am not aware of, the difference is that it does not have the hormone in it, which therefore is useless. The injectable is the one you want and it is out there, not to hard to find. Just google it. Many online pharmacies have it, Just of course be sure to check reviews and do your research before placing your order.

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    This question is addressed in the hCG sticky. The answer is no for oral hCG, with one caveat, idicated in the sticky: "Recently, oral micronized verions of hCG are available by prescription and have shown to be a successful alternative to injections for some men."

Thing is, many google searches back when I was figuring out how to add hCG to the mix could not pull up where to get this "micronized version", or any of the studies that showed it worked? So I gave up....

And started to inject. Because it is water-based, and we use such a small does, the injection is super-easy. Takes a fraction of the time of Test injections.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Vette...if I'm 10 grms testim/day and just recently started 100iu hcg /day, do you think test and e2 would rise considerably or just a small amount? I did bw on thursday and waiting to see results. Im asking so I can figure out if its working. My boys tell me its working, though. And,if either test or e2 have risen too much, I would just cut down on the gel and test in another month...correct? Thanks.

SORRY about the hijack.

HCG can only be prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner and must be injected although the micronized oral version may have some merit but I haven't seen enough evidence that points to its effectiveness.

Know that HCG mono therapies to raise androgen levels to optimal range are rarely effective...if so, we'd all be on it and not Testosterone .
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 01-05-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Vette...if I'm 10 grms testim/day and just recently started 100iu hcg /day, do you think test and e2 would rise considerably or just a small amount? I did bw on thursday and waiting to see results. Im asking so I can figure out if its working. My boys tell me its working, though. And,if either test or e2 have risen too much, I would just cut down on the gel and test in another month...correct? Thanks.

SORRY about the hijack.
    Well, I'm not the hijack type, but will ask OP for forgiveness this particular time. It might be beneficial for him to know this too. Everyone will respond differently to their HCG therapy administrations, so what works for me won't necessarily work for you or anyone else. So much is predicated on the condition of your testicles, and of course how your body metabolizes the medication. In my case, HCG is quite effective, and allows me to run 60% of my prescribed cypionate to achieve approx. the same serum level.

What this means is, my prescribed dosage of ...
    200mg/wk of cyp will get me in the 900ng/dl range.
    120mg/wk of cyp will get me in the 700ng/dl range.
    120mg/wk of cyp + 250iu x 3/wk of HCG will get me back up in the 900ng/dl range + some.
    Thus, a 40% reduction of cypionate to achieve the same level.

I have even tweaked down my cypionate dosage a bit to 100mg/wk to get the serum down a bit lower. My free test is over 3%, so I don't need all that androgenic activity, unless it's blast time So yes, adjust your testim dosage accordingly to compensate for the amount of increased endogenous test, which of course will also lead to increased E2 conversion, and/or DHT; depending which course your body takes with it.

OP, you have permission to take GD's yacht out for a night!

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Thank you.

I'm like you Vette, I am Secondary and was borderline low and a 250 iu of 3x a week HCG and I get a good response as well.

I've never calculated like you did but I am in the high 900's on average on just 120 mg of Test Cyp.

Primary guys obviously won't get natural production but there are many variables in how Secondary guys will respond.

Now, the OP can take my yacht out as long as he pays for the gas

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    How do you go about getting an Rx for HCG ?

Quote Originally Posted by ac guy View Post
    How do you go about getting an Rx for HCG?
    Ask your Doctor.

There are online research sites that sell it as well as overseas pharmacies.

I know the one I use overseas sells it.

Thread Information