Mountainman1981 is offline New Member

Questions about lab results and where to go from here

First time poster here looking for some answers with regards to some recent bloodwork I had done.
    Results were:
    Testosterone Serum 505 reference values 348-1197
    Leutenizing hormone 1.9 (1.7-8.6)
    FSH serum 1.7 (1.5- 12.4)
    Estradiol 16.0 (7.6-42)

My history, I'm 31 year old male currently in good health, great diet, 5'11" 185lbs. Working out 5 days a week and feel like I'm in decent shape. When I was 17 I underwent treatment for non-hodgkins type burkett's lymphoma. I received mega doses of whatever chemotherapy protocol they prescribed. Thankfully I'm still here but I'm wondering if I'm not still suffering ill effects of the compounds used in chemotherapy.

I had the bloodwork done because I was considering looking into TRT as a way to boost my libido which is extremely low and my recovery times from working out as well as feel a little bit more energized. Now that I have the results in hand I'm wondering what to make of them. The test levels look okay but the LH and FSH are really low.

I would appreciate any help in making sense of this and I'm wondering what course of action I should take. The TRT interests me because I would simply like to know if there's a way to feel a bit more energized and to bump up my libido.Thanks for your time gents.

chrishansen83 is offline New Member
    Hi,

T at 500 is not good at all, it should be higher for your age.

LH + FSH is very close to the bottom, E2 is low as well.

This lab looks exactly like mine

I've got an E2 of 14,T 507, LH FSH 1.3.

I'd say just from the low E2, is that low cortisol + adrenal function downregulates everything and masking all the real hormone values.

There is a sticky with recommended blood tests, you should definitely do a morning cortisol, DHEA-S, free T3 and T4 + TSH as a bare minimum.

If cortisol is low, you might have high rt3 as well, and in my case it was superhigh transcortine, if you have the means, test for transcortine as well.

Good luck.

Mountainman1981 is offline New Member
    Hey Chris thanks for your reply. I will definitely look into getting those tests done. What steps have you taken towards treatment for your low testosterone and other values?

Thread Information