Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"

Whats it like to be on trt?????

Hey chaps im 24 and i just want to no what it feels like to be on trt? Like to me it seams cool that you guys can walk into a pharmacy and buy all you need. No need to deal with shady drug dealers. Is there down sides to trt? I can only see the positves can you guys tell me the negatives about trt? I dont need to be on it im just curious?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic
    Hey chaps im 24 and i just want to no what it feels like to be on trt? Like to me it seams cool that you guys can walk into a pharmacy and buy all you need. No need to deal with shady drug dealers. Is there down sides to trt? I can only see the positves can you guys tell me the negatives about trt? I dont need to be on it im just curious?
    Aside from the time it takes to get your dosages right and sides under control you mean? Or the fact it is for life and your applying gel daily or having to self inject x2 per week. Forever. You can't buy what you want, your script covers your TRT dose but nothing more. It can permanently shut down your test and atrophy your testicles. Increase your RBC, cholesterol, and make you infertile. Regular blood tests, prostate worries and hair thinning possibilities.

Plus side - you should have the test levels of an 18 year old for the rest if your life!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Aside from the time it takes to get your dosages right and sides under control you mean? Or the fact it is for life and your applying gel daily or having to self inject x2 per week. Forever. You can't buy what you want, your script covers your TRT dose but nothing more. It can permanently shut down your test and atrophy your testicles. Increase your RBC, cholesterol, and make you infertile. Regular blood tests, prostate worries and hair thinning possibilities.

Plus side - you should have the test levels of an 18 year old for the rest if your life!
    In bold.. that's only if you aren't worried about fertility with 2x shots per week. If you are worried about Fertility you need to use HCG so that's another 2x or 3x shots a week.

Then there is blood work every 6 months minimum once you get everything worked out.

You have to worry about how you will get your test if you ever change jobs, dont have insurance or if your insurance decides not to cover it. HCG is typically not covered and can cost you easily $300 a month or more if you get it via prescription/legit source.

What if you are laid off for some time? 6 months, 1 year+? Are you going to resort back to UGL?

There is a LOT more scenarios I could come up with but hopefully you get the point. It's not a choice most any of us would choose if we could make the choice.

God. That was a eye opener!!! I was under the impession that trt was cool.So you cant just go in a get test/hcg buy the bucket load? Like a 6 month supply? Or do the only give you say one vial a month? Cost should not matter for me im im australia we have a public health system that gives you rebates on the medicine you buy.
    Last edited by Euroholic; 01-27-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Nope, some people are only able to get it in amp enough to last them the month. Some (like me) get it in 5ml vials and some who are more lucky get it in 10ml but most doctors still monitor it so you only get enough to last.

Check your insurance. Most will not cover hcg for men, it's a woman's hormone drug and typically not covered for me. I just got a prescription (for fertility) and the best price I found it would cost me well over $500 a month if I went that route.

Another thing you will learn as you get older, nothing stays the same especially when it comes to insurance or in your case public health. They may decide not to cover Test anymore or who knows what. Even if they do it's not much fun knowing you have to pin at least 2x a week and typically 4x or more and that's just to feel normal. Isnt it better to just be normal without having to pin and doing one or two cycles a year.

You never know what life will throw at you and change your life & goals. Marriage, kids, family, medical, financial changes in your life can/will effect everything.

Youve really opend my eyes lovbyts. Trt does not seam as cool anymore. I better really start taking more care in my pct's. Your so insightful bra i can see why you have all those young hot girlfriends you also have my respect cause you have bad eye sight. I may need a cornea transplant in the next 15-20 years if i live that long. People dont no what its like for us bad vision people.
    Last edited by Euroholic; 01-27-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Renholder is offline Associate Member
    TRT is NOT cool per se.

But it's fantastic for those who actually NEED it. No one would want to go through all the hazzle associated with TRT unless they really needed it. Then you have all the guys who go on TRT and still does not feel great (including me).

TRT is not a magic pill for everyone.

Avoid it if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Youve really opend my eyes lovbyts. Trt does not seam as cool anymore. I better really start taking more care in my pct's. Your so insightful bra i can see why you have all those young hot girlfriends you also have my respect cause you have bad eye sight. I may need a cornea transplant in the next 15-20 years if i live that long. People dont no what its like for us bad vision people.
    I had one of the 1st cornea transplants done around 1995? My doctor made a video of the surgery to use for teaching. The fun part was I was awake for the whole surgery and talking to him. They also had a monitor set up so I could see the whole procedure. I wouldn't want to do it again though. lol My right eye has had a lot of trauma starting at age 10 when a piece of metal off a hammer went through the cornea, took out the lens and was found sticking 1/2 out the back of the socket. I'm lucky I have any vision at all. Maybe someday they can make it better.

Hopefully when you need to get it done it will be much simpler than it is now and more like lasik is for most people.

Thread Information