Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    clarkster is offline Junior Member

Reconstituting hCG

Been reading about reconstituting hCG and after reading the hCG sticky by GD, I've got a couple of questions. I've been searching peptide sites, some have hCG some don't. If anyone (if it's allowed) wants to suggest a peptide site I welcome your suggestion. Board sponsor perhaps?
    Back in the day of when I was using gear, I don't remember hCG being this expensive, Is this because of the hCG diet?
    OK. When I receive my 5,000 iu of hCG and add my bacteriostatic water can I just add my 5ml. (Is this is the same as 5cc.?) to the bottle the hCG came in? Do you need to transfer to another container? Will this now equal 250iu at 25 on an insulin syringe? BUT, if were to just add 2ml (2cc) instead of the above 5ml to get 250iu is now measured at 10 on the insulin syringe? Is this basically 6 of 1, half dozen of the other?
    Sorry if I'm confusing/overthinking this, just want to get my math right.
    Last edited by clarkster; 03-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.

If you read the sticky you will see the proper directions on how to reconstitute HCG .

If you add 2ml of bac water to a 5000 unit vial of HCG the 10 mark on a slin pin will give you 250 iu's.

There are a number of research sites members use here for HCG.

Our sponsor doesn't provide HCG unfortunately but there are other good site where you can purchase with confidence.

I read your sticky backwards and forwards. In fact, showed it to my Dr. It's the most concise hCG resource I've been able to find. So, thanks again for your time and wisdom. I just got confused when I watched a video of reconstituting hCG and they put 1ml of bac water in the 5000iu of hCG then *transferred* that into a different vial and then added 4ml more of bac water. And then you measure 25 on a slin pin. (equaling 250iu)
    Your method, seems just add 2ml of bac water (no need to transfer to another vial) and measure 10 on a slin pin (equaling 250iu) and your good to go. Which seems like the smarter way to go about it. Thanks again.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Less water means you have to inject less fluid. Also, research shows that a more concentrated mix deteriorates more slowly than a less concentrated mix.

As you discovered, those vials don't hold 5 ml of bac water.

Personally, I'd rather have to inject 10 over 25 on a slin pin. Did not know about the differences in concentrations and how it deteriorates. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    I read your sticky backwards and forwards. In fact, showed it to my Dr. It's the most concise hCG resource I've been able to find. So, thanks again for your time and wisdom. I just got confused when I watched a video of reconstituting hCG and they put 1ml of bac water in the 5000iu of hCG then *transferred* that into a different vial and then added 4ml more of bac water. And then you measure 25 on a slin pin. (equaling 250iu)
    Your method, seems just add 2ml of bac water (no need to transfer to another vial) and measure 10 on a slin pin (equaling 250iu) and your good to go. Which seems like the smarter way to go about it. Thanks again.
    Lickity split, you're good to go!!!

dfwo is offline Associate Member
    OK. When I receive my 5,000 iu of hCG and add my bacteriostatic water can I just add my 5ml. (Is thhis is the same as 5cc.?) to the bottle the hCG came in? Do you need to transfer to another container? Will this now equal 250iu at 25 on an insulin syringe? BUT, if were to just add 2ml (2cc) instead of the above 5ml to get 250iu is now measured at 10 on the insulin syringe?
    I've always transferred to an empty sterile vial, but is there any reason not to just to use the vial the HCG was shipped in?

Read what GD wrote in bold in post #6. If you just add 2ml of BW, no need to transfer. Just measure to 10 on your slin pin and your at 250iu.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dfwo View Post
    I've always transferred to an empty sterile vial, but is there any reason not to just to use the vial the HCG was shipped in?
    Like GD and Clarkster indicated, no need whatsoever unless youre using more than 4ml to reconstitute (1ml for the lyophilized hCG ) - which you aren't.

OK. I started this thread and have gotten a lot of PM's about this and people might still seem to be confused.
    Please read GD's sticky on hCG before you get started. Really pay attention to the reconstituting hCG section.
    1. Get your 5000iu vial of hCG.
    2. Add 2ml of bacteriostatic water in the same vial the hCG came in. If you add MORE bac water (say 5ml), as pointed out by GotNoBlue in post 4 you will probably need to transfer to an empty sterile vial.
    3. Withdraw to measure out to the #10 on your slin pin (insulin pin) This will measure out to 250iu of hCG.
    Now, if you add 5ml of bac water and you mix and transfer to empty sterile vial, you will need to measure out to line #25 on your slin pin to get that same amount of 250iu.
    Me personally, I'd rather just add 2ml and not complicate things.
    I hope this helps. We're all learning everyday.
    Last edited by clarkster; 03-06-2013 at 02:30 PM.

AlterEdge78 is offline Junior Member
    It's always good seeing these questions and feedback, for me I learn a lot from these and the stickies. The 20 mg bottles of 5,000 iu hcg look to small to even hold 5ml of bac water.

I just got my 2 vials of Corion 5000 iu hcg today
    Last edited by AlterEdge78; 03-06-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEdge78 View Post
    I just got my 2 vials of Corion 5000 iu hcg today, shipped they cost me for about xx for both.
    Edit your post please. No discussion of prices. And remove the 'pm for details' portion as well. Thank you
    Last edited by MickeyKnox; 03-06-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Removed price from quote

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEdge78
    I just got my 2 vials of Corion 5000 iu hcg today, shipped they cost me for about xxxx for both.
    ^^^Oops! That'll get you banned! No price discussions and don't solicit requests for source assistance.

Oooppss sorry guys, I won't let it happen again.

Oooppss sorry guys, I won't let it happen again.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Thank you sir.
    You got it bro!

Quick question fellas, tonight I'm mixing for the first time. The hcg vial looks too small to me for 5 ml of bac water. Is a 20mg hcg bottle too small? And if so then what, do I mix let's say 2 or 3 ml, transfer to my sterile bottle, then add the final ml needed?

Incase anyone is wondering I'm mixing so I easily have 100 iu daily as per Dr Crislers testosterone gel protocol. I think I caught on now doing some research here so here's how I'm doing it. 5,000 iu mixed with 5ml bac water=1,000 per slin pin, then divided by the increments on the pin, putting me at .10 to obtain a dose of 100 iu.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Why mix it differently than gd's sticky???

Incase anyone is wondering I'm mixing so I easily have 100 iu daily as per Dr Crislers testosterone gel protocol. I think I caught on now doing some research here so here's how I'm doing it. 5,000 iu mixed with 5ml bac water=1,000 per slin pin, then divided by the increments on the pin, putting me at .10 to obtain a dose of 100 iu.
    These numbers are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Why mix it differently than gd's sticky???
    He needs 100iu. Using GD's method requires too small of increments to be accurate, and some additional math that isn't for beginners.

But, but....oh nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    But, but....oh nevermind
    I know what you're thinking but you have to keep in mind most folks have not had to make these type of calculations before, and they can be overwhelming to some. A quick calculation in my head says a little less than .05 on the slin pin. But really, how accurate will someone attempting to manage a little less than .05 measurement on a slin pin be? Likely not that great.

Yea... it doesn't matter. I use .5cc ins syringes. Increments of 1. So, filling to 4 gives me 100 iu. But, I guess all syringes are different. Of course, go with what's easier.

Sorry....increments of .01, not 1.

suprarob is offline Associate Member
    Don't hate me for this men of greater wisdom than I above. I am about to mix my Hcg for the first time. I understand that you said 2ml bac water to 5000iu then 10 on the slin pin to equal 250iu's per injection. That's cool. Two questions if I may;

1) Will this reduce the total amount of doses?
    2) What if you have 4000iu vial which I was given by my doc calling for 2x's a week at 250ius each. He said add 4ml to original vial and go 25 on slin pin. So what concentration formula would work with 4000 using less water?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by suprarob View Post
    Don't hate me for this men of greater wisdom than I above. I am about to mix my Hcg for the first time. I understand that you said 2ml bac water to 5000iu then 10 on the slin pin to equal 250iu's per injection. That's cool. Two questions if I may;

2) What if you have 4000iu vial which I was given by my doc calling for 2x's a week at 250ius each. He said add 4ml to original vial and go 25 on slin pin. So what concentration formula would work with 4000 using less water?

Rob
    1) Reduce it from what? Are you trying to compare 4000iu's to 5000iu's? Just trying to understand you bro.

2) 4000iu reconstituted with 1.6ml of BW = 250iu at .10 on slin pin.

1) Reduce it from what? Are you trying to compare 4000iu's to 5000iu's? Just trying to understand you bro.

2) 4000iu reconstituted with 1.6ml of BW = 250iu at .10 on slin pin.

1) I mean will it reduce the total amount of doses by reducing the less amount of water added or are all things equal?
    2) Thanks!

1) No. But not enough BW can reduce the amount in the slin pin to the point that you will not be able to measure it correctly - too small of an amount.

2) Youre welcome.

Moparman is offline Associate Member
    OK. I started this thread and have gotten a lot of PM's about this and people might still seem to be confused.
    Please read GD's sticky on hCG before you get started. Really pay attention to the reconstituting hCG section.
    1. Get your 5000iu vial of hCG.
    2. Add 2ml of bacteriostatic water in the same vial the hCG came in. If you add MORE bac water (say 5ml), as pointed out by GotNoBlue in post 4 you will probably need to transfer to an empty sterile vial.
    3. Withdraw to measure out to the #10 on your slin pin (insulin pin) This will measure out to 250iu of hCG.
    Now, if you add 5ml of bac water and you mix and transfer to empty sterile vial, you will need to measure out to line #25 on your slin pin to get that same amount of 250iu.
    Me personally, I'd rather just add 2ml and not complicate things.
    I hope this helps. We're all learning everyday.
    adding 2ml and measuring out to 10 for 250 iu seems more complex than adding 5ml and measuring out to 25 for 250. at least it is for me.

my hcg was 7000iu so i added 7ml bac and just measure out to 25 for 250 iu.... i dont know it just seems easier

Rob
    it wont reduce the number of doses. youre adding less water but at the same time youre measuring out less in the pin. so its all even

^^^^TRUE.
    I'm going to stop reading these hcg threads. Now, I'm getting confused. :-D

Thanks ya'll are awesome.

Last question. Will storing it in a dark child proof prescription bottle in the fridge help keep it from losing strength some?

I know what you're thinking but you have to keep in mind most folks have not had to make these type of calculations before, and they can be overwhelming to some. A quick calculation in my head says a little less than .05 on the slin pin. But really, how accurate will someone attempting to manage a little less than .05 measurement on a slin pin be? Likely not that great.
    could you show the math for the example above- ie 5000 iu hcg + 2 ml bac means only 10 on the pin? im trying to work it out and im a bit confused

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
    adding 2ml and measuring out to 10 for 250 iu seems more complex than adding 5ml and measuring out to 25 for 250. at least it is for me.

my hcg was 7000iu so i added 7ml bac and just measure out to 25 for 250 iu.... i dont know it just seems easier
    Thats fine. But i feel the less amount of liquid or foreign compound introduced into my body, the better. Use the least amount that will produce the same results.

Thanks ya'll are awesome.

Last question. Will storing it in a dark child proof prescription bottle in the fridge help keep it from losing strength some?
    Simply refrigerating it will prolong the life - this is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
    could you show the math for the example above- ie 5000 iu hcg + 2 ml bac means only 10 on the pin? im trying to work it out and im a bit confused
    5000iu / 2ml = 2500.

2500/100CC's (slin pin) = 250

250x10=2500

Therefore .10 on slin pin = 250iu.

These guys are good.

Seriously these guys know their stuff! I just joined and I'm learning a ton everyday.

beerdogg is offline Associate Member
    OK i just mixed my second batch and was reading the sticky again and now I am not sure if I pinned the first 5000 corectly. I added 2ml of bac water to a 5000 unit vial of HCG . I know about the 10 mark on a slin pin will give you 250 iu's. This is my lame question, I assumed when we talked about the 10 mark on the slin pin was to fill it up to where it says the number ten on the slin pin. Is this correct or should I have filled it up to 10 lines which would come to the number twenty on the slin pin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information