Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    test-one is offline Junior Member

Blood test timing and the variables associated.

Gentlemen, how important is the time at which the first blood work draw is performed. More importantly, should every subsequent blood draw occur at roughly the same time.

I ask for several reasons really.

Test is released in diurnal patterns, meaning it peaks in the morning and troughs midday then rising again in the afternoon (correct?). If so, shouldn't blood work be drawn first thing in the morning to yield the most accurate results. All men have differing rates at which they trough and I'm sure life occurrences determine trough levels as well (stress, sickness, etc).

Getting more personal, my first blood draw at 8:00am resulted in a total test level of 429, but every subsequent blood draw occurred around 1-1:30 all averaging test levels of 220-268.

Should one determine if they are a candidate for treatment based off "trough" levels?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Trific is offline Member
    I don't think any of your test levels are good enough, I think you are a candidate based on the info you listed, but that's just my opinion....maybe one of the experts will weigh in...

I guess it would also depend on what symptoms you have, if any...
    Last edited by Trific; 02-28-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trific View Post
    I don't think any of your test levels are good enough, I think you are a candidate based on the info you listed, but that's just my opinion....maybe one of the experts will weigh in...

I guess it would also depend on what symptoms you have, if any...
    Trific thanks for the response.

I have a plethora of sides, but I wanted to establish set times at which to begin testing on regular basis with my dr and your response is much appreciated.

Enclosed you will see a chart of a normal males testosterone level.
    Testosterone peaks at approximately 8am and declines for the rest of the day until one's testes kick in at around 1am.

I was always told to get pre-TRT bloodwork drawn around 8-10am, thus using my peak level to determine if I needed TRT.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testosterone level.gif 
Views:	131 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	134234

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Enclosed you will see a chart of a normal males testosterone level.
    Testosterone peaks at approximately 8am and declines for the rest of the day until one's testes kick in at around 1am.

I was always told to get pre-TRT bloodwork drawn around 8-10am, thus using my peak level to determine if I needed TRT.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testosterone level.gif 
Views:	131 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	134234
    Thats what ive read as well which prompted this thread. That graph is great and I'm going to add it to my giant trt info file.

Thanks for your time.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Im pretty sure you need three different times on three different days to provide you with a mean value and clear snapshot of your Test levels.

Example: 8am Mon, 1pm Tues, 6pm Wed. Add them up and divide by 3. This will give you a mean value (average)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Im pretty sure you need three different times on three different days to provide you with a mean value and clear snapshot of your Test levels.

Example: 8am Mon, 1pm Tues, 6pm Wed. Add them up and divide by 3. This will give you a mean value (average)
    How beautifully simple was that post. I just had a why didnt I think of that moment?.

Thanks MickeyKnox.

Trific is offline Member
    Test-one, I remember some of your story now and I'm curious on what you do and then if you get treatment how you respond.

The docs usually want to test your test level early like the Deadlifting Dog said, I just don't necessarily agree that when you end up in the lower one third of the range for a 20 year old that that is good enough....for some it might be and for some it won't...and when your levels are dipping into the 200s well that looks problematic to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Trific View Post
    Test-one, I remember some of your story now and I'm curious on what you do and then if you get treatment how you respond.

The docs usually want to test your test level early like the Deadlifting Dog said, I just don't necessarily agree that when you end up in the lower one third of the range for a 20 year old that that is good enough....for some it might be and for some it won't...and when your levels are dipping into the 200s well that looks problematic to me....
    My dr has really shaken my faith in him. He is hesitant to prescribe HCG and has to do "research" to see if the literature supports my claims.

Its tiring trying to train dr's.

I just picked up my test cypionate with my 25 gauge .5 inch insulin needles.

He further lost me when I read my script...200 ml intramuscular every TWO WEEKS.

Im waiting to see if I can win the battle of HCG and an AI.

Im sooooo stinking nervous about starting trt.

Trific is offline Member
    I just sent you a PM with a site to get HCG if you want.

Our site sponsor ar-r has a liquid AI if you need one.

A lot of docs are unfortunately still stuck in that old school thinking of low frequency, high doses....it makes all too often for a hard to control E2 level.

I bet you are nervous about starting!

Thread Information