guasta is offline New Member

Trt not working, any ideas?

Hi ,

I am from sydney-aus, 26yo, 175cm, 80kg, healthy male (english is not my first language so please understand if any mispellings arise), I was feeling all the symptoms of a man with low T would feel so I went to seek help, I had a blood test done and it showed my T was low, then I had another one to confirm and my doctor started me on TRT. I started with biodentical test at 50mg a day and seen not much improvement, after 3 months and another blood test my doctor put the dosage up to 100mg and still not feeling the results he put up to 150mg combined with arimidex 0.5mg every second day (since I was developing gyno).
    So, a litle about me,
    I live with my partner which have been with me for 5 years, since last year we barely had sex cause I have no libido, I work out but I feel weak even though I try hard , my muscles doesnt seem to build up. I am not fat but I have a stubborn belly which never goes away.
    I drink once a month if so, I dont drink much caffeine, no soft drink at all and am not a depressed person. Ive taken steroids years ago and thats where my doctor based to prescript me T. I practice jiu jitsu twice a week, cycling twice a week and work out 3 times a week.

I will list everything I take :
    150mg T once a day
    0.5 mg arimidex one day in/one day off (after every 2 weeks I take 1 week off)
    Multivitamin once a day
    L-arginine once a day (about 2 grams)
    fish oil 1000mg once a day
    glucosamine 1500gm once a day
    zinc 25mg once a day
    BCAA 4:1:1 before work out , 3 times a week, 5 grams
    70 grams whey protein after work out
    Resveratrol 3 times a week
    7 keto dhea 50mg once a day
    Vitamin C every once in a while

Since starting the treatment my T has lowered considerably

my last BW is as follows (please note the results may be in a different unit since I am in Australia)

TEST 16.4 nmol/L
    SHBG 34 nmol/L
    CALC FREE TEST 320 pmo/L
    ALBUMIN 47 g/L
    FAI 48.2

Unfortunately that is all the info I have in the last BW , but the one 3 months before had more detailed information such as LDH and PSA

My first BW that was done 10 months ago had the following result

FREE TEST 45.1 pmol/L
    PROLACTIN 124 mIU/L
    TSH 2.8 mIU/L
    FSH 2 IU/L
    LH 6.2 IU/L

ANY RESPONSE FROM ANY MEMBER KNOWLEDGEABLE OR NOT WILL BE APPRECIATED, I HOPE FOR SOME HELP

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    You need to put ranges with your test results. Also, have you not been tested for Estradiol (E2)? And why are you showing different tests for each time, like Total T once, then only Free T next, Albumin once, TSH the next, etc.? Makes it impossible to track. Finally, you can't mean "150mg T once a day" as that adds up to more than a juicing cycle?

Don't mean to be harsh, just need the right data for the vets to help you.
    Last edited by junk2222yard; 03-11-2013 at 09:36 AM.

As far as I am aware, I have not been tested for Estradiol, but it was probably high, gyno proofed that and the doctor pre scripted arimidex withouth hesitation.
    For the test results, I did with 2 different laboratories with 2 different doctors and I guess thats the reason why I showed the different tests, the first test 10 months ago may be ignored as we should be looking at what is happening now.
    the ranges for my recent test are:

TEST 16.4 nmol/L (11.5-32.0)
    SHBG 34 nmol/L (15-50)
    CALC FREE TEST 320 pmo/L (260-740)
    ALBUMIN 47 g/L (39-50)
    FAI 48.2 % (15-100)

Hope that helps

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "I will list everything I take :
    150mg T once a day
    0.5 mg arimidex one day in/one day off (after every 2 weeks I take 1 week off)"

I hope you mean 150mg T once a WEEK

You're right
    I meant 15 mg a day,

Any idea what can possibly be happening?
    My doctor isn't sure yet but since starting the treatment my levels came down signficantly

Quote Originally Posted by guasta View Post
    You're right
    I meant 15 mg a day,

Any idea what can possibly be happening?
    My doctor isn't sure yet but since starting the treatment my levels came down signficantly
    Get your E2 checked. A lot of time when E2 goes up the Test levels come down. Adding more Test will just make it worse.

Trific is offline Member
    15mg = 105mg per week might not be enough, some need all the way up 200mg per week. I'd try 125mg per week and see how you are doing in another 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trific View Post
    15mg = 105mg per week might not be enough, some need all the way up 200mg per week. I'd try 125mg per week and see how you are doing in another 6 weeks.
    I didnt do the math, if thats right yeah it could be you have just been to low all along and need a bump. Still get the E2 checked and jump on the dhea and pregnenolone

Trific is offline Member
    0.5 mg arimidex one day in/one day off (after every 2 weeks I take 1 week off)
    AN E2 test would be nice because that sounds to me like 3.5mg a week of arimidex and isn't that too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Trific View Post

AN E2 test would be nice because that sounds to me like 3.5mg a week of arimidex and isn't that too much?
    Could be. Some people dont need any especially on a low dose trt. Low E2 has similar sides to high. Always best to have blood work done instead of 2nd guessing.

It's actually 1.5 or 2 mg arimidex per week cause I take one day and refrain for the next day. I will ask my doctor to have E2 checked next time I have a blood test which will be in about a month's time. Should I go for dhea and pregnolone now?

It's actually 1.5 or 2 mg arimidex per week cause I take one day and refrain for the next day. I will ask my doctor to have E2 checked next time I have a blood test which will be in about a month's time. Should I go for dhea and pregnolone now?
    There is absolutely no reason not to.

Trific is offline Member
    Oh, I forgot to divide by 2....so you average 1.75mg per week...I guess since you were developing gyno you need some...

May I ask what is the benefit of it pregnolone and dhea? I think I d need a prescription to get it here. Might be better to just wait till I get to the us in june

thanks man, I will see how it goes

Hey can I ask something? what happens if I stop T for a week or 2 ? would that be ok? can I keep the arimidex tho?

Thread Information