Thread: re-vamp

cornfedboy2000 is offline Associate Member

re-vamp

Well, I went to my doctor today and picked up my BW from a couple weeks ago. It's as I assumed, he just ordered T levels. here are the numbers

testosterone , free 6.8 (L) ng/dL

testosterone, total 183 (L) ng/dL

reference range 240 to 950

I did talk to my doc on the phone, and so far he sounds like he is willing to listen and work with me. I have another appt with him tomorrow to discuss ordering more extensive blood work face to face. I know I'm running a day late and a dollar short on this, but I'm really trying here. I'm going to print out some of the info from the stickies in here and see what he thinks. As of now I'm still using the gel, and it's only been week on it. Does anyone think I should stop using the gel before the BW or just stay on it and see where I'm at? On a side note, if anyone read my other post about trouble urinating, that has gone away. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear that you are "taking control" of your health. It's just the way it has to be if the doc is not knowledgeable in matters relating to hrt. I can't answer your gel question like the pros here, so I won't. Good luck and don't shove everything down your doc's throat like I read ppl doing. Hopefully, he'll listen to you and do what's needed. Mine did after a nice calm discussion.

yeah, I'll be stroking his ego to get where I want. There's an art to it lol. The trick is to put the info into his head and then make him feel like it was his idea in the first place so he can still be the "savior".

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    LOL...Exactly!

well, my doctor ordered all the BW I requested, and I go in tomorrow. I'm very interested to see the results. they might be a little skewed because of the fact that I've been using the androgel for a week, but still should be interesting. Doctor seems to be willing to work with me at least.

Post your blood work complete with ranges and your Doctor's recommendations. More than likely he's not trained correctly so you need to read up and get as much info in your brain to help him understand correct protocols. The stickies here are a good start as are Dr. John Crisler's paper titled TRT: A Recipe for Success...just Google it.

If he's willing to work with you and reads what you provided him he'll do the right thing...like refer you to someone who knows what they are doing.

Be careful my friend!

Thread Information