ctenosaura is offline Associate Member

My brother had Kaiser check his testosterone level

And here are the results and this is all they checked.

TESTOSTERONE , ULTRASENSITIVE, LC MS/MS 613 range (250 - 1100) units =ng/dL
    Testosterone free 74.0 range (35.0 - 155.0) units = pg/mL

He is 47 years old
    It seems he is right in the middle range so is he a candidate for TRT or should he wait till he is 50 like me?

LT75 is offline Associate Member
    Why would he if his natural level is fine?

Fine but not optimum. His buddy got a script for some gel and gave him some to play with for a few weeks. (I'm guessing his pal has a real lenient doc and a real good insurance plan to be giving it away.) Anyways he used it for two weeks and had a "physical revival" and thought his natural levels must have been low. Now that he's got a taste, I'm sure he'll want more. So I guess we are asking what are the pro's and cons of doing TRT with these readings.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    And what is the optimum number? it's a fairytail if you think there is such a thing. For some it may be 300, some it may be 1100.

So your buddy who got a script hates your brother, right? you had your brother also, right? What makes you think this is a good idea in any way?

simply this is a BAD idea for him to use any gel because it will probably give him a very short spike then he will be lower and could do premature damage.

Most everyone here would practically kill to have 600 natural levels. PLEASE tell your brother to stop before its to late.

Basing a diagnosis on hypogonadism on one single Total Testosterone assay is like determining if you need a new engine in your car because your tire tread is worn...in other words, impossible.

Your brother needs a complete and thorough hormonal and blood work up done complete with a physical. This includes Thyroid work up as well.

Based on that can a clinician determine if he's a candidate for TRT.
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 03-30-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I gather your brother isn't noted as the bright one in the family? His test is fine, now he stands the chance to suppress his HPTA, and to throw other variables like his E2 and DHT out of balance. If he was a candidate for therapy, his doctor would have put him on it.

Lol!, when my bro told me what he was doing I told him to stop immediately. I told him this wasn't a party drug and if you don't know exactly what your doing, you can damage yourself. I told him to wait 2 weeks and get some bloodwork done to see if he really was a TRT candidate hence the Kaiser test. He told me when he was taking the gel he felt great. His pal who doesn't workout and apparently has become a sexual monster and wanted my bro to experience this "cool medication". So, I don't think he hates him. My bro has however been complaining of lack of energy, low libido, weight gain, and other typical low T symptoms. I was surprised to see his levels in the 600 area. He is doing the Male Deluxe Anti Aging Panel next week via my recommendation..

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    And what is the optimum number? it's a fairytail if you think there is such a thing. For some it may be 300, some it may be 1100.

So your buddy who got a script hates your brother, right? you had your brother also, right? What makes you think this is a good idea in any way?

simply this is a BAD idea for him to use any gel because it will probably give him a very short spike then he will be lower and could do premature damage.

Most everyone here would practically kill to have 600 natural levels. PLEASE tell your brother to stop before its to late.
    Last edited by ctenosaura; 03-30-2013 at 10:53 PM.

holy ****...613 at 47? i would say that is as optimum as it gets. dang If he has no symptoms, he shouldnt use trt just to get himself into dangerous 900 territory. i would say the healthiest levels are 750-850. I would imagine anything higher would start having problems. Test can be neurotoxic at higher levels.

GeriatricOne is offline Associate Member
    613 seems healthy and strong to me. At 47 my total was around 350. At 50 it was 260.. On TRT my total is in the 475-600 range. I suspect your brother's symptoms are not induced by testosterone shortage.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctenosaura View Post
    Lol!, when my bro told me what he was doing I told him to stop immediately. I told him this wasn't a party drug and if you don't know exactly what your doing, you can damage yourself. I told him to wait 2 weeks and get some bloodwork done to see if he really was a TRT candidate hence the Kaiser test. He told me when he was taking the gel he felt great. His pal who doesn't workout and apparently has become a sexual monster and wanted my bro to experience this "cool medication". So, I don't think he hates him. My bro has however been complaining of lack of energy, low libido, weight gain, and other typical low T symptoms. I was surprised to see his levels in the 600 area. He is doing the Male Deluxe Anti Aging Panel next week via my recommendation..
    Placebo is a wonderful thing. He would have experienced the same thing given sugar pill.

Since he recently played with the jell he should wait at least 4 weeks before doing the blood test.

Thread Information