TheS1tch is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

My Endo Starting to Play Games with Me?

Hey guys,

So I've always had symptoms of low T such as being skinny, sex problems, sleep probs, confidence, low body hair, higher voiceage etc. so I did a testosterone test at 1PM and my total was low range normal and my free was below normal,
    so I went to see my endo but she said she didn't believe in free T, so she had me do another test for which I had to show up before 8 AM and I was barely awake, and I she said she wanted to check some sort of global sex hormone (or whatever that means) and then she just said everything was normal.

Is she just playing some sort of games to avoid prescribing me TRT?

She want to test Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG).

Her not believing in Free Testosterone makes her an idiot.

Run, don't walk from her...fast as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by TheS1tch View Post
    Hey guys,

So I've always had symptoms of low T such as being skinny, sex problems, sleep probs, confidence, low body hair, higher voiceage etc. so I did a testosterone test at 1PM and my total was low range normal and my free was below normal,
    so I went to see my endo but she said she didn't believe in free T, so she had me do another test for which I had to show up before 8 AM and I was barely awake, and I she said she wanted to check some sort of global sex hormone (or whatever that means) and then she just said everything was normal.

Is she just playing some sort of games to avoid prescribing me TRT?
    you need to include concrete numbers. What was your low normal reading. You also need to retrieve all of your labs from this endo, and let us review them.
    Endos and other doctors hate prescribing trt, and since testosterone is highest in the morning, they will send you to get blood done then, in hopes that your levels are high enough to where they dont have to prescribe it.

Truth be told, be lucky she even sent you for a second test. Most drs will dismiss you at low normal period!!

I believe she is looking at sex hormone binding globulin which sort of relates to free t, so in a way she is concerned with free t.

Please retrieve your labs so we can help you out. We need our age too

jomamma007 is offline Member
    She tested your Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), it binds to your total testosterone levels .
    The higher it is the lower you free testosterone will be. It was probably high but still in range so she wrote you off and on your way.
    WELL it's obviously high enough to tank your free test, albeit your total is already low to begin with.

Don't take this crap bud, I went through this crap at 19 and I just believed my doctor. Biggest regret of my life. Read up on all the stickies on this forum and learn all you can.

If money isn't that big of an option, you can get with lowtestosterone.com for 199/month. They are run by a a4m speciailst who know what they're doing.
    Having said that the lowtestosterone.com doctor wanted to put me on hcg , not testosterone to see how my body would respond first, so keep that in mind. They will take care of you nonetheless.

TheS1tch is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I would try lowtestosterone.com but you have to sign up for a year which is a $2400 commitment and idk if after a year of doing it will shut down your natural production?
    And I have to go on a plane for a doctor apt., which is inconvenient, I just want to get a trial shot first to see how it works for me before jumping on board.

I just called her up and bitched about having lack of sex drive and wake up middle of night and asked to get a trial TRT shot but the response: "your levels came out normal so basically f#ck off"

Do you guys think maybe my estrogen is too high?

Thread Information