iFart is offline New Member

28 y/o male, 427 ng/dl total, 6.8 pg/ml free, what gives?

A little about me:
    - 5'8", 150 lbs, 11.7 % bf
    - Lift weights (compound movements coupled with accessory lifts) 4 times a week. I do 100 meter sprints once a week.
    - Ethiopian descent
    - Keep fairly strict healthy diet, high in protein
    - Hard time gaining muscle/weight
    - Sexual libido of a teen, being in proximity of an attractive girl gets me hard, no problem getting it up during sex
    - Plagued with fatigue, lack of motivation, forgetfulness, lack of concentration

My blood serum test results came at 427 ng/dl total (reference is 348-1197 ng/dl) and 6.8 pg/ml free (reference is 9.3-26.5 pg/ml). Blood was drawn at primary doc office and test was done by LabCorp. He informed me my results were lower than his and he is in his late 40s. My doc doesn't want to put me on HRT since I am too young and don't have any libido problems. He referred me to see an Endocrinologist. But he did give me a boost shot yesterday and I have felt so alive since then. My motivation, sociability, aggressiveness have noticeably improved.

Any input/help is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by iFart; 04-20-2013 at 11:49 AM.

BallSak is offline Associate Member
    What is a boost shot?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSak View Post
    What is a boost shot?
    I would have to ask him what exactly it was next week I see him but I think its a dose of Testosterone .

VTX1800 is offline Associate Member
    Well Ifart, (what a horrible name you chose) you don't need TRT, your endo will get you on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by VTX1800 View Post
    Well Ifart, (what a horrible name you chose) you don't need TRT, your endo will get you on the right track.
    It brings the lulz...I am hoping I don't need it but if its a necessity, I will jump on it.

I'm with ya I'm 30 and been on for 2 months. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. for some reason I thought u were much younger. I wish A restart could have helped me, financially it's just ALOT of money to be spent through a life to remain healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by VTX1800 View Post
    I'm with ya I'm 30 and been on for 2 months. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. for some reason I thought u were much younger. I wish A restart could have helped me, financially it's just ALOT of money to be spent through a life to remain healthy.
    What is the cost like if you do self injection?

Quote Originally Posted by iFart View Post
    What is the cost like if you do self injection?
    I pay around $230 for a 2 month supply of 200 mg/ml test c, clomid 25mg (it's $120) 11,000IU hcg is $58 I believe, anastrozole is $20 and needles and hcg mixing kit are just a few bucks. I turn in claim forms from the pharmacist and Anthem reimburses A little $$, not much. I pay a copay of $10 for cyp and hcg but they keep deniying the clomid and anastrozole bc it's a 2 month supply. But so is the cyp and hcg so I don't understand there reasoning.
    The doctor visits and BW is where it really hurts. I have to pay upfront then fight with insurance for some money back. The receptionist coded everything different this time so I'm waiting to see what they say about my last visit.
    So all in all it's not tooooo expensive it just depends on your financial situation. I'm not well off but I get by. Is rather pay for treatment than feel like I have for the past 5 years.

Thread Information