Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Met with a new Endo today and very interested on some insight on our conversation

To make a long story short. My background in trt started with anti aging to Dr to doing it on my own following 100 mg x2's a week along with hcg 2x250 ius a week. To get to the point I have been trying to legitimize my trt again through a prescription. For my career I have a criminal record pulled every year and if there is anything on there I lose my job. So I want to try and minimize the risk. I have been meeting with Endos but most only do the gel in my area and I have no desire to go that route after being on injection for 14 months.

So today I met with a new Endo. He is an older gentleman from what I read he is well known in his field but average rating from patients on all of those sites. Anyway I basically went in there and told him the truth of what I was doing. I gave him my original blood work before I started TRT from the anti aging as it showed how poor my levels were before I started.

He explained to me that any time someone has low test the first thing that needs to be ruled out is a tumor in the pituitary. He runs two blood panels to confirm the levels and then has an mri done. He explained to me in a study he was apart of 200 men suffering with low t almost 50% had benine tumors in the pituitary and 4 needed immediate operations. So he was pretty shocked that I was being given test without under going an MRI.

He then explained to me that test is the new target and a lot of Dr.'s are going to be walked out of their office in hand cuffs. He knew the Dr I had gone to before and told me his day is coming. He said if I want to be treated by him then he wants me to come off the test come back in 8 weeks and have two blood panels done week after week and they go for an MRI.

He explained I cannot go for an MRI now my insurance will never pay for it bc my test levels are fine and he does not want to tell them what I am doing. He said if you are looking for a prescription based on 14 month old blood work its not going to happen and he has to legitimize my need for treatment. Which I totally get. No arguements there. After I left I wish I had asked if I could just pay for the MRI on my own but I think he wants everything documented to protect himself and a person who truly needs test injections.

We then got into fertility and we came to the conversation of trying to restart and that before I started injections I should have went on 4000ius 3 times a week ( cant remember how long he said) to try and restart me. I think it was between 8-12 months. I had given him Dr Crislers HCG publication which he knew who he was but kinda laughed him off as a gym rats take on how the drugs work with one another.

So his solution was get a sperm count right now. If I am making sperm to bank it. Come of the drugs for 8 weeks and if I am looking to have children in the next couple of years to come of everything however if I am aware of the risks with fertility he would treat me for trt but until I come of test thats where the conversation ends. HCG will not be apart of the protocol and he said he thinks its rare then many men will get women pregnant with the addition of HCG. He was well aware of HCG and how it worked and its function the many steroid users use it in their cycles.

Anytime I tried explaining what I read it was shot down as "gym rats" take on this and not how it works in the medical field. I mean I am sure he doesnt want to hear anything about his profession from someone like myself no matter what I have read. I kinda got a god complex from him but I also think he generally cared for my well being but he does not know me and he has to follow a protocol to cover his ass.

I am just really curious as to what others think. I am very very very happy with my life right now. I have sex often which was not the case before trt. I wake up every morning early with energy ready to tackle the day. I am commissioned based and my income has grown significantly since start trt as I have mroe energy to work harder. So to leave this life that I enjoy so much scares the shit out of me.....

rt12008 is offline Junior Member
    My dr was a quack and I just went directly to Crisler.

I am no pro. So that is the extent of my feedback. Good luck.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    is your therapy covered through insurance with him?

rt12008 is offline Junior Member
    No. I was seeing an anti aging dr. He is cheaper than the anti aging dr, but not covered. : (

First off you don't need an MRI right out of the gates. Blood work would have told this Physician if you had the possibility of a Pituitary Adenoma. Usually, Prolactin levels would be severely elevated in the presence of Low Testosterone production.

Even if your Testosterone serum levels are now elevated due to your personal protocol the Prolactin levels would still be very elevated. There are other symptoms of Andenoma's as well beyond Protactin assay but it's the first one the astute Physician will look at.

This tells you right off the bat you got the wrong guy--> "I had given him Dr Crislers HCG publication which he knew who he was but kinda laughed him off as a gym rats take on how the drugs work with one another".

This tells you all he knows about HCG even in light of the studies that have been posted here on the contrary --> "He was well aware of HCG and how it worked and its function the many steroid users use it in their cycles".

And finally this --> "Anytime I tried explaining what I read it was shot down as "gym rats" take on this and not how it works in the medical field".

Do I really need to go on?

You got a Doctor that is not up on the latest therapies for hormone replacement in men.

IMO, don't see him again and go find a Doctor that is trained in hormone replacement therapies in men.

Call LowT or find a good Anti Aging Doctor where you live.

As you stated, you could lose your job if busted for the self medication.

LowT at just $50 a week seems like a cheap and safe alternative...and best of all...you won't deal with the shit noted above.

Do the right thing brother!

Thread Information