Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Trific's Avatar
    Trific is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    625

    :) Fatigue Fighters

    Hey Austinite, I remember reading that you once had tons of fatigue.

    Did you try D-Ribose? If you did how was it?

    B vitamins for sure...what else?

    Anyone else have something to add?

  2. #2
    bethdoth's Avatar
    bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drunkest City in the USA
    Posts
    1,306
    Would love to see some responses to this. I seem to get fatigued (tired) in the afternoon. But normally only at work when I am flying a desk all day. When i stay physically active no problem with fatigue?

  3. #3
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Vitamin B12 helps me alot. My main issue was a considerable cortisol drop around 2 pm. Everyones levels drop around that time, but mine were too much. I'm taking prescription for it until I find the cause.

    Recently found out that Chromium deficiency is incredibly common and is related to fatigue. I started Chromium mainly as a fat loss mineral (outlined here). I ran out of B12 mid-experiment and I actually felt fine, no major dip. I attribute that to Chromium.

    Another forgotten mineral is copper. When your body utilizes Vitamin C and Zinc, this occurrence depletes your copper levels. Copper is another player here.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  4. #4
    LowT Mike is offline HRT Specialist, P.A. - LowTestosterone.com
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,305
    Methlycobalamin injections are the holy grail of B-12 and a great fatigue fighter. Used by the trained doc to fight CFS...Chronic fatigue syndrome cause by mononucliosis, fibromyalga, ect. the Methly ester prevents the b-12 from getting trapped in the liver where b-12 is stored then used when your body feels you need it. This is the mechanism for all forms of b-12 except the methly form. The methly makes the b-12 "first pass" meaning "passes" through the liver and all is bioavaliable. Many people think they taking enough or that they can even absorb B-12. Many cannot and injectable IM methly is the way to go. My 2 cents

  5. #5
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by LowT Mike View Post
    Methlycobalamin injections are the holy grail of B-12 and a great fatigue fighter. Used by the trained doc to fight CFS...Chronic fatigue syndrome cause by mononucliosis, fibromyalga, ect. the Methly ester prevents the b-12 from getting trapped in the liver where b-12 is stored then used when your body feels you need it. This is the mechanism for all forms of b-12 except the methly form. The methly makes the b-12 "first pass" meaning "passes" through the liver and all is bioavaliable. Many people think they taking enough or that they can even absorb B-12. Many cannot and injectable IM methly is the way to go. My 2 cents
    That's what I hear. I'm waiting on mine and will be attempting this IV.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  6. #6
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    What is the opinion on Sublingual methly?

  7. #7
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    What is the opinion on Sublingual methly?
    Strong. I used Jarrow Methyl B12 and came off of it because I couldn't stop eating. Can't tell you much about energy because I didn't take it for too long, but it did something! I went back to injecting cyan.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  8. #8
    HRTstudent's Avatar
    HRTstudent is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Vitamin B12 helps me alot. My main issue was a considerable cortisol drop around 2 pm. Everyones levels drop around that time, but mine were too much. I'm taking prescription for it until I find the cause.

    Recently found out that Chromium deficiency is incredibly common and is related to fatigue. I started Chromium mainly as a fat loss mineral (outlined here). I ran out of B12 mid-experiment and I actually felt fine, no major dip. I attribute that to Chromium.

    Another forgotten mineral is copper. When your body utilizes Vitamin C and Zinc, this occurrence depletes your copper levels. Copper is another player here.
    your body also can store b12. it's worth consideration that perhaps you corrected your b12 deficiency, but when you stopped you had accrued enough reserves to "hold you over".

    regardless, b12 is cheap and effective. some people can't absorb it so well. it would nice if you could find methyl form, but I've never seen it yet. doctors I've spoken to agree. not only that but the price of b12 seems to be going up because manufacturers stopped making it. it's a shame too because it actually contributes to health and not merely masking disease like so many other prescriptions.

  9. #9
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Strong. I used Jarrow Methyl B12 and came off of it because I couldn't stop eating. Can't tell you much about energy because I didn't take it for too long, but it did something! I went back to injecting cyan.
    Thanks austinite....I've found a sub-lingual methly so I'm going to give it a go. Been using the cyan sub-lingual with not much success.

  10. #10
    FRDave's Avatar
    FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Using MRM branded methyl B-12 2000 mcg sublingual lozenges daily, my blood levels went from 702 to 1169 on a range of 200-910 pg/mL. These can be found online all day for under $8 a bottle (60 lozenges).

  11. #11
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    Using MRM branded methyl B-12 2000 mcg sublingual lozenges daily, my blood levels went from 702 to 1169 on a range of 200-910 pg/mL. These can be found online all day for under $8 a bottle (60 lozenges).
    My b-12 blood levels were 1600 using sub-ling cyna....still wasn't feeling it.

  12. #12
    FRDave's Avatar
    FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon

    My b-12 blood levels were 1600 using sub-ling cyna....still wasn't feeling it.
    I can't feel the difference with or without to tell you the truth. I assume only those who are deficient will notice the difference in which I just continue to take it for the health benefits.

  13. #13
    HRTstudent's Avatar
    HRTstudent is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    My b-12 blood levels were 1600 using sub-ling cyna....still wasn't feeling it.
    I feel nothing from b12...

    unless you had a frank deficiency then I really doubt there is much to feel. but looking at the medical literature we know that there are risks to living with b12 levels under 600 long term. so it's not a bad "insurance policy" of sorts.

  14. #14
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    Quote Originally Posted by HRTstudent View Post
    I feel nothing from b12...

    unless you had a frank deficiency then I really doubt there is much to feel. but looking at the medical literature we know that there are risks to living with b12 levels under 600 long term. so it's not a bad "insurance policy" of sorts.
    Not everyone "feels" something. But even then, it's certainly doing you good. The range is 200+ for B12, it's very easy to get in range. I'm not talking about being in range, not even remotely close. I'm talking maxing out your binding capacity year round, which is what I do. Either way, it's not for everyone.

    Methyl is readily available, not sure why you can't find it.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  15. #15
    Trific's Avatar
    Trific is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    625
    Thanks guys for making this a good thread, I know it'll help some of us!

    Dana & the Blue Muppet, now that's funny!

  16. #16
    HRTstudent's Avatar
    HRTstudent is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,999
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Not everyone "feels" something. But even then, it's certainly doing you good. The range is 200+ for B12, it's very easy to get in range. I'm not talking about being in range, not even remotely close. I'm talking maxing out your binding capacity year round, which is what I do. Either way, it's not for everyone.

    Methyl is readily available, not sure why you can't find it.
    methyl injections? where are you finding it?...

  17. #17
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,154
    usvitamininjections.com and medicalsupplyliquidators.com carry them. Amps and vials.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  18. #18
    Trific's Avatar
    Trific is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    625
    Thanks Austinite!

    Here's another that comes as a kit with some wipe pads and 25ga pins...wish they were 31s...guess I'll suggest that to them:

    trimnutrition.com/methylcobalamin-1-000mcgl-kit-922.html

  19. #19
    Trific's Avatar
    Trific is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    625
    Talking all this methyl talk reminds me of the MTHFR Mutation.

    That's right, a bunch of us here are probably Mutants......

    mthfr.net/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •