Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnnyVegas

Thread: Testing if HCG is real with a pregnancy test?

  1. #1
    KOArtist's Avatar
    KOArtist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53

    Question Testing if HCG is real with a pregnancy test?

    Does this actually work? I've heard conflicting reports/opinions.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    Yup, that is a thing. Drop some hCG on the strip. Pregnant means you have actual hCG.

    I am sure you know this, but I will say it because it gets asked more often than you might think: no, you don't pee on the strip. Use a few drops of hCG.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

  3. #3
    Papiriqui's Avatar
    Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Good to know!!

  4. #4
    KOArtist's Avatar
    KOArtist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Yup, that is a thing. Drop some hCG on the strip. Pregnant means you have actual hCG.

    I am sure you know this, but I will say it because it gets asked more often than you might think: no, you don't pee on the strip. Use a few drops of hCG.
    how many iu's do you have to use/waste to ensure results?

  5. #5
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by KOArtist View Post
    how many iu's do you have to use/waste to ensure results?
    two drops in 1 ml water, mix then dip the strip.

  6. #6
    Rusty11's Avatar
    Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,707
    I've never read/heard about someone getting bunk hcg . But, I guess anything's possible.

  7. #7
    krugerr's Avatar
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK (Nr London)
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11
    I've never read/heard about someone getting bunk hcg. But, I guess anything's possible.
    Well, if you paid for a big order of HGH, I would try this to ensure I hadn't been given HCG .

  8. #8
    KOArtist's Avatar
    KOArtist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    53
    hmmm...I just tried it. Dropped a few drops of my 500iu per 1/10 of a ml HCG on a preggo test and didn't get a positive. It's human/pharm grade (Ovidac), expiration date not until 2014, and I just reconstituted it only 2 weeks ago. Maybe I need to use more than a few drops? Then again it was a dollar store pregnancy test, maybe that is what's bunk. I'd be pretty shocked if it was bunk hcg, but now I'm certainly wondering. Shit.

  9. #9
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    Make sure you get it really wet. The one I used wanted me to get it wet up to a certain line and I made sure it was saturated since it is meant to be peed on.

  10. #10
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by KOArtist View Post
    hmmm...I just tried it. Dropped a few drops of my 500iu per 1/10 of a ml HCG on a preggo test and didn't get a positive. It's human/pharm grade (Ovidac), expiration date not until 2014, and I just reconstituted it only 2 weeks ago. Maybe I need to use more than a few drops? Then again it was a dollar store pregnancy test, maybe that is what's bunk. I'd be pretty shocked if it was bunk hcg, but now I'm certainly wondering. Shit.
    Mix 2-3 drops in 1 or 2ml water, that should do it, you don't need much to detect hCG .

  11. #11
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    Mix 2-3 drops in 1 or 2ml water, that should do it, you don't need much to detect hCG.
    Right, they are meant to detect a small amount of hCG . The concentration doesn't need to be strong.

  12. #12
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    that is correct JV, the key is to soak the test strip as you have noted previously.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •