Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By powerlifterty16
  • 1 Post By trikydik

Thread: No more Insomnia?

adam1973 is offline Junior Member

No more Insomnia?

I have noticed over the past several weeks that I have been falling asleep and staying asleep without the use of pharmaceuticals more often. The last time I took an ambien was Wednesday night and prior to that I took 1mg of Ativan last saturday night (not last night). Ive been sleeping on average 6-8 hours! Its been gradual but so far Im moving in the positive direction in regards to insomnia!

I Have had insomnia for MANY (at least 6) YEARS. I would go without a decent drug free night of sleep for weeks at a time!

100mg Test-C per week been on TRT for about two months .....

Anyone else had insomnia prior to starting TRT? Has it improved?

Quote Originally Posted by adam1973 View Post
    I have noticed over the past several weeks that I have been falling asleep and staying asleep without the use of pharmaceuticals more often. The last time I took an ambien was Wednesday night and prior to that I took 1mg of Ativan last saturday night (not last night). Ive been sleeping on average 6-8 hours! Its been gradual but so far Im moving in the positive direction in regards to insomnia!

I Have had insomnia for MANY (at least 6) YEARS. I would go without a decent drug free night of sleep for weeks at a time!

100mg Test-C per week been on TRT for about two months .....

Anyone else had insomnia prior to starting TRT? Has it improved?
    awesome bro
    adam1973 likes this.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I suffered from both types (can't fall asleep, can't sleep for more than 2-4 hours) of insomnia for years. Ambien was a last resort. While apparently you can have mind blowing sex on it without ever remembering it, it is very addictive, in so much that you cannot fall asleep without it. I "detoxed" for over a month before I could even get any rest without it. Took me another 2 years to train myself to go to sleep without any issues.

Key to what I call type 1 insomnia (not falling asleep) is to only use the bed for sleep and go to sleep at the same time each night. Get a routine going. I am really glad you are off the ambien.
    adam1973 likes this.

imom is offline Banned
    I was hoping it would help but after a few months, no improvement. I don't think my Estrogen is in check yet though so I hope that sleep will improve when everything's at optimal levels.

Whitestonian is offline New Member
    I have insomnia for 6 years or more. Take ambien every night, it usually gives me 4 or 5 hours of sleep. I started shots a month ago with a men's clinic. The dose is 300 every 2 weeks. Last Thursday was my second shot. Last night I took an ambien as always, but I slept 9 hours. Don't know if it was a freak or what. I'm getting the shots in hope of regaining muscle strength and over all well being. Getting better sleep would be a bonus.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ambien is classed as a nervous system inhibitor... which why people do strange things on Ambien...Whitestonian you may have been building a tolerance to the ambien.

adam1973 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitestonian View Post
    I have insomnia for 6 years or more. Take ambien every night, it usually gives me 4 or 5 hours of sleep. I started shots a month ago with a men's clinic. The dose is 300 every 2 weeks. Last Thursday was my second shot. Last night I took an ambien as always, but I slept 9 hours. Don't know if it was a freak or what. I'm getting the shots in hope of regaining muscle strength and over all well being. Getting better sleep would be a bonus.
    I think the test will help you with your sleep. Btw, 300mg every two weeks? That's a very high dose spaced out too far apart. Tell your doc you want 150 per week.

Blankinator is offline Junior Member
    Was on Lunesta as last result for the trailing two years. I came "off" it about a month before going on TRT - which means I only took it a couple of times each week. The first week on TRT, I slept without Lunesta about as good as I have in years. Third week or so, my sleep quality lessened - not back to where it was in the bad days but once I awoke, I was kind of up for good - but was still better that what got me on Lunesta.

Then, I took some advice from Austinite (his supplement posts on here) and started taking L-Tryptophan and I've been sleeping well and dreaming well ever since.

Thread Information