Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: From testosterone to HCG only - an experiment

61er is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 61er View Post
    After six months on gel and three rounds of Testopel (pellets) I decided to give hcg -only treatment a try. My first injection was July 5. Dosage was 500 IU two times a week.

On August 7, I had bloodwork done and the results were on the low side: TT 279 (300-890), FT 67.5 (47-244), SHBG 22 (13-71), and Estradiol 14.2 pg/ml (no reference range). The TT and FT were well below levels on pellets, but I felt pretty good, but not great. (Before treatment began, about 2.5 years ago, TT was in the mid hundreds and I felt like crap.)

To boost TT, my endo suggested a 3x week treatment regimen. This began two weeks ago.

The next month or two should be interesting. If TT doesn't rebound, I assume my doctor will advise adding some exogenous T to the mix.

On the whole, I've happy with hcg. Testicles are full size and morning erections are good. Injecting is a breeze and painless with 31 gauge SQ.

Can anyone shed light on the relatively low T? Does it take time for Leydig cells to fully reactivate? (I'm 7 weeks on HCG only.) Or, at 51, are testes unlikely to ever produce the levels I loved while on T?
    Just a quick update on this post. After four months of HCG only, I've decided to go back on testosterone . Many of the typical symptoms of low T have returned.

Bloodwork from Nov. 1: TT 209 (300-890), FT 49.5 (47-244), SHBG 22 (13-71), and Estradiol 23.2 pg/ml (no reference range).

I'll definitely stay on HCG.

ZenFitness is offline Associate Member
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work, but glad for you that you got to figure it out for yourself. Everyone is different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information