Thread: Breathing

gatornate97 is offline Junior Member

Breathing

Am into week 4 of my protocol.
    I am in 200mg EW of test C
    I was doing cardio today, and my chest feels heavy. It's like I can't take a deep breath. I have to really concentrate to take a deep breath. My Hemo was at 38 at the initial BW before protocol.

Question is, this couldn't be a hemo issue could it?

I wouldn't think so since I'm inly 4 weeks in. Any feedback would be appreciated. Just want to see if it may be caused by protocol or not before I go see GP

Thanks for the feedback

200 mg is a high dose so it may be. i have heard contradicting things on trt and cardio. i am still confused if it helps it.

jomamma007 is offline Member
    estro problem possibly?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatornate97
    I was doing cardio today, and my chest feels heavy. It's like I can't take a deep breath. I have to really concentrate to take a deep breath. My Hemo was at 38 at the initial BW before protocol.

I wouldn't think so since I'm inly 4 weeks in. Any feedback would be appreciated. Just want to see if it may be caused by protocol or not before I go see GP

Thanks for the feedback
    That's quite high. Normal ranges for adult males is usually 13-18 gm/dl

jomamma007 is offline Member
    Are u referring to Hematocrit because it's 37-51% on labcorp range which I assume is the range your referring too...

Hemaglobin's range as stated above is around 12-18 g/dl

Quote Originally Posted by jomamma007
    Are u referring to Hematocrit because it's 37-51% on labcorp range which I assume is the range your referring too...

Hemaglobin's range as stated above is around 12-18 g/dl
    Correct. Elevated hemoglobin commonly correlates with reduced circulation and respiratory distress, which was my assumption based on symptoms. Glad you added hematocrit values for clarification.

flenser is offline Junior Member
    Interesting. I have a similar breathing issue, almost a burning sensation in my lungs when doing heavy lifts or cardio. I thought it had something to do with the weather cooling. I just got my 6 week BW back after beginning TRT, though, and hematocrit is 50.5% from labcorp (was 45% initially). I plan to give blood this weekend.

Funny thing, though, the uncomfortable feeling in my lungs doesn’t seem to limit my ability to lift or run. Quite the opposite, actually. For example, I can handle longer harder sprints than before I started TRT, and while I get badly winded I recover almost immediately when I back off to a normal pace. Everything I read says high hematocrit is dangerous, or I would be inclined to keep my extra blood!

Ian assuming it was the labcorp as I had my initial BW and had a "38"and the nurse said everything looked good.

I also got a call from my uro who did BW a week ago and he says everything looked normal except for low vit D. He says I need to supplement. Is it bad to have low D? What function does it serve, just out of curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by gatornate97
    Ian assuming it was the labcorp as I had my initial BW and had a "38"and the nurse said everything looked good.

I also got a call from my uro who did BW a week ago and he says everything looked normal except for low vit D. He says I need to supplement. Is it bad to have low D? What function does it serve, just out of curiosity
    The primary function of vitamin D2 and D3 is to facilitate absorption of calcium from the digestive tract. Low D is becoming more and more prevalent in North American and we (physicians and scientists) believe this may be the result of dietary deficiencies but no one is certain. Persistently low levels will however, result in a loss of bone mineral density and osteomalacia.

qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    i think you can go to the blood bank and they will check your levels before you donate.you could try that and see if it is easier to breath afterword? i am having the same issues and on a very low dose. can't go to blood bank but have a hematologist that will work with me. i just dont like those giant needles in the veins.

Thanks for the clarification. I will post all my new BW results next week when I meet my uro.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It sounds like chest tightness from a anxiety and/or weight gain. I wouldn't worry about it just yet, but you should reduce your dose soon (since 200 mg is too much for HRT for most).

highpsi is offline Junior Member
    Like jomamma asked....are you on any type of AI at this point? With high dose like that and if your carrying a bunch of fat you might be converting a lot.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatornate97 View Post

Thanks for the feedback
    Physical symptoms may sometimes come at times which are purely coincidental. For example, extreme fatigue out of nowhere may cause one to think that their E2 level is too high. After hydrating with 16 ounces of water or a sports drink, the symptoms may suddenly disappear. Happened to me quite a few times.

Try to think back to other times this may have happened to you. A tight chest is also a common symptom of anxiety. Also, with an atmosphere that is not getting any cleaner, cases of adult onset asthma (actually for all age groups) is on the rise. You may consider getting checked by an allergist who can perform a very simple breathing test for this.

I know I have allergies, especially where I live...San Antonio is one of the worst areas in the U.S. For allergies.

I have had anxiety, which was part of my symptoms that caused me to go the TRT route. So I am thinking it was just anxiety and/or allergies because my uro called and said everything looked good. Thx a lot fellas for the feedback!

Thread Information