crunk73 is offline New Member

NEW TO TRT, 39, Labs posted. Should I keep the DOC or Run?

I INITIALLY POSTED THIS WEEKS AGO, but did not get any feedback. It was suggested to me to move the thread to this forum. So, here it is. Lab report follows.

Hey guys I have been reading and learning from this site. The first thing I noticed was the amount of knowledge here. I would like to post my data and get some opinions on what I am doing and possibly get a feel for the doc I am using.

1st doc visit = vitals , questions , blood work , etc. I informed him that I was having low libido, mild ed, tired, overweight, no motivation. His response = You're 40, 6'-1", 235, 32% bmi, probably cholesterol issues, low T I'm sure(awaiting labs). He says here's what we need to do to get you healthy and feeling better. I'll put you on phentermine 38mg per day to help you lose weight (short term), letrozole 1mg every other day as an Estrogen blocker, we will start you on hcg .2ml per day to try and get your testes working again, and b12 inj 1ml every 3 days to get your energy up. When your labs come back you will probably start TRT. 1 week later Im feeling better (more energy, starting to lose some weight, eating healthier, etc.). Here is my problem was it one of the medications that made me feel better or a combination of two or three, or was it the perfect combo of everything?

2nd doc visit = labs are back. totalT=317, freeT=62, total cholesterol=219, hdl cholesterol=32, triglycerides=510, glucose=108, ferritin=463. At this point its been 3 weeks, I'm feeling good, lost 14 lbs, and thinking he is going to take me off of some of this stuff and start me on test. Nope. He says I need to donate blood to get ferritin levels down, keep taking everything(same doses), and start 75mg inj of test every 6 days. Come back in 6 weeks for lab re-evaluations. I've just taken my 3rd test shot and I feel good but not any better than the initial lift from every thing else that he put me on to begin with. Been six weeks since initial visit dropped a total of 21 lbs now. No increased libido yet. I have noticed my sack is going quick. Maybe improved results with time or dose increases if my level is still low. I don't know what to expect with any of this so all responses are welcome and would be appreciated. Do I really need to be taking everything he has me on , seems like a lot. Thanks in advance.

OUT OF RANGE LEVELS NOTED BY *

CHOLESTEROL,TOTAL 209* RANGE 125-200 MG/DL
    HDL CHOLESTEROL 32* RANGE > OR = 40 MG/DL
    TRIGLYCERIDES 510* RANGE < 150 MG/DL
    LDL CHOLESTEROL NOT CALCULATED DUE TO TRIGLYCERIDES BEING IN EXCESS OF 400
    CHOL/HDLC RATIO 6.5* RANGE < OR =5.0 (CALC)
    NON HDL CHOLEST 177* RANGE IS 30 MG HIGHER THAN LDL TARGET
    GLUCOSE 108* RANGE 65-99 MG/DL
    UREA NITOGEN BUN 14 RANGE 7-25 MG/DL
    CREATININE .91 RANGE .6 - 1.35 MG/DL
    EGFR NON-AFR 106 RANGE > OR = 60 ML/MIN
    EGFR AFRICAN 123 RANGE > OR = 60 ML/MIN
    BUN/CREATININE RATIO NOT APPLICABLE
    SODIUM 141 RANGE 135-146 MMOL/L
    POTASSIUM 4.2 RANGE 3.5 - 5.3 MMOL/L
    CHLORIDE 103 RANGE 98-110 MMOL/L
    CARBON DIOXIDE 24 RANGE 19-30 MMOL/L
    CALCIUM 9.5 RANGE 8.6 - 10.3 MG/DL
    PROTEIN, TOTAL 7.1 RANGE 6.1 - 8.1 G/DL
    ALBUMIN 4.7 RANGE 3.6 - 5.1 G/DL
    GLOBULIN 2.4 RANGE 1.9 - 3.7 G/DL (CALC)
    ALBUM/GLOBU RATIO 2.0 RANGE 1.0 - 2.5 (CALC)
    BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.4 RANGE 0.2 - 1.2 MG/DL
    ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 53 RANGE 40-115 U/L
    AST 14 RANGE 10-40 U/L
    ALT 18 RANGE 9-46 U/L
    TSH 2.09 RANGE .4 - 4.5 MIU/L
    T4, FREE 1.1 RANGE .8 - 1.8 NG/DL
    T3, FREE 3.2 RANGE 2.3 - 4.2 PG/ML
    WHITE BLOOD CELLS 6.8 RANGE 3.8 - 10.8 THOUS U/L
    RED BLOOD CELLS 4.89 RANGE 4.2 - 5.8 MILLION UL
    HEMOGLOBIN 15.3 RANGE 13.2 - 17.1 G/DL
    HEMATOCRIT 46.3 RANGE 38.5 - 50%
    MCV 94.7 RANGE 80-100 F/L
    MCH 31.3 RANGE 27-33 PG
    MCHC 33 RANGE 32-36 G/DL
    RDW 14 RANGE 11-15 %
    PLATELET CNT 242 RANGE 140-400 THOUS U/L
    ABSOLUTENEUTROPHILS 4026 RANGE 1500-7800 CELLS/UL
    ABSOLUTELYMPHOCYTES 2244 RANGE 850-3900 CELLS/UL
    ABSOLUTEMOMOCYTES 388 RANGE 200-950 CELLS/UL
    ABSOLUTEEOSINOPHILS 129 RANGE 15-500 CELLS/UL
    ABSOLUTEBASOPHILS 14 RANGE 0-200 CELLS/UL
    NEUTROPHILS 59.2 RANGE %
    LYMPHOCYTES 33 RANGE %
    MONOCYTES 5.7 RANGE %
    EOSINOPHILS 1.9 RANGE %
    BASOPHILS 0.2 RANGE %
    FERRITIN 463** RANGE 20-345 NG/ML
    B12 391 RANGE 200-1100 PG/ML

FOLATE, SERUM 16.5 RANGE >5.4 NG/ML
    CORTISOL, TOTAL 11.6 RANGE 4-22 MCG/DL
    DHEA SULPHATE 164 RANGE 110-370 MCG/DL
    ESRADIOL 38 RANGE < OR = 39 PG/ML
    TESTOSTERONE , TOTAL 337 RANGE 250-1100 NG/DL
    TESTOSTERONE, FREE 67 RANGE 35-155 PG/ML
    VITAMIN D, TOTAL 86** RANGE 18-72 PG/ML
    VITAMIN, D3 1,25 86 RANGE PG/ML
    VITAMIN, D2 1, 25 <8 RANGE PG/ML

Allright guys help me out. I know there is a lot of smart people in here. I am curious what everyone thinks about the Doc Im using? Looking at my pre"T" labs (above) does anyone agree or disagree with what he has prescribed me to take and the quantities? When I walked into his office for the first time I was on zero prescriptions , He currently has me on five. Does he sound credible or should I look for another doc?

Thanks.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in no position to tell u ur Doc is not doing his job, I'm not familiar with the weight loss drug u are on? Your other meds seem reasonable, u are losing weight(good), your T injection seems awful low to me? Most start at a minimum of 100 per week and go from there. Some people ( myself included) are on almost 200 mg per week.
    Good u are using HcG , also the E2 blocker, not sure that is the best one? Most seem to use anastrozole.

Your cholesterol total and HDL are of concern, sorry more ur trigs and HDL. Personally I would give this some attention and also look to or question ur low dose Tes. Again, 75mgs seems awful low, by day 3 or 4 you could be lower than baseline? Also, age 40? Any PSA test or did I just miss it?

Thanks bullshark99 for your post. According to the doctor he wanted to go with the 75mg every 6 days for six weeks and do more labs to see where my levels are and go up if need be.He said he starts to get real good feedback from other patients when levels approach 750 total so I guess that will be his initial target for my total T. I feel like the labs will still show low levels and he will increase the dose, but how much I dont know yet. I dont know all the brands of e2 blockers but I will inquire about the anastrozole. No psa test on the pre T labs I will ask for it on the return for lab re-evals. Good info Thanks a lot!

Crunk73,

If I were you I would run from this doctor as quickly as possible.
    He put you on 4 meds before he even got bloodwork back. Pretty disgusting in my opinion.
    He then put you on testosterone after only one bloodwork test.

I would be willing to bet that you went to a TRT clinic and they are simply after your money.

The Deadlifting Dog,

Thanks for your input. Hes actually an M.D. but you are right he mostly does HRT. I go back for a second round of blood work in 1 week. If I did seek to find a different doctor does anyone have any suggestions on how to weed the bad ones out.

EverettCD is offline Member
    This Dr sounds like he's in it for the money & not improving your quality of life according to the information you stated about him.

He should have done at minimum one more round of BW prior to starting you on any meds. According to your BW results your Test dose (what type of Testosterone ?) is too low & so is your HCG going by the fact that you stated your "sac" is getting smaller. What concentration is your HCG mixed? .2ml of HCG could be anything? I like the B12 injections, it will give you more energy. I started B12 injection a couple weeks ago & can tell a difference in energy & appetite.

Did your Dr give you scripts for all these meds to self administer at home or do you have to go to the office for everything? If you're going to the Dr's office for all your meds he's without a doubt in it for the money, if this is the case I would get on the A4M website & find a Dr in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk73 View Post
    The Deadlifting Dog,

Thanks for your input. Hes actually an M.D. but you are right he mostly does HRT. I go back for a second round of blood work in 1 week. If I did seek to find a different doctor does anyone have any suggestions on how to weed the bad ones out.
    Read this sticky:
    http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...physician.html

Go to here to find a Dr in your area:
    Directory

Check out this sticky also:
    hCG and Pregnenolone; What you should know.

Hey EverettCD whats up? The testosterone Im taking is cyp. As far as the HCG is concerned this it what I can tell ya : It is the sublingual not injections, on the script it reads "HCG 250IU/0.1 ml sublingual" (take 0.2 ml daily), and I asked the pharmacist to tell me what this dose would equate to if it were an injection and he said 400IU daily. The doctor did give me the scripts to self administer at home. Thanks for posting the links in your post I will definitly check them out. Hey and thanks again to everyone who is posting, every response helps - pro or con.

EverettCD,
    hey I looked on the A4M website in my area and the doctor that Im using is actually listed. Is this necessarily a good thing?

As far as I know, sublingual hCG does not work. That would explain why your "sack is going quick".
    I would definitely get a second opinion from a different doctor not in that office.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk73 View Post
    EverettCD,
    hey I looked on the A4M website in my area and the doctor that Im using is actually listed. Is this necessarily a good thing?

Typically the A4M Dr's are good & are up to date on TRT. But as with any profession there will always be a few bad apples in every bunch. If I was in your shoes I would talk to your Dr about changing your TRT protocol, if he's not on board with that then I would find another Dr. You never know how open minded your Dr might be until you ask. Go to him as informed & educated as you can be but don't go in there telling him what he is going to do with his medical license, that will get you nothing except a door knob hitting your backside on the way out.

It's your health & quality of life, do what you need to do. Many guy's on here myself included have had to change Dr's in order to obtain quality treatment.

Guys,
    I need to make a correction on the dose of T that I am injecting, its hard for me to keep all of the units of measure straight mg, pg, ml, dl, iu, etc. I put in the initial post that I was injecting "75mg of T every 6 days". Looking at the script yesterday because its time to be refilled I jotted down the info on a notepad so I could take care of it on my way home from work. Test Cyp inject 75ML/150MG every 6 days for 6 weeks. So Im on 150 mg and I think it was Bullshark that questioned the dose being low right away, but it was a mistake on my part. I know everyone is different but is anyone doing close to the dose that I am 150mg testcyp every 6 days or once a week? The reason I ask is I go back for more blood work (first one post T) next week and when I get the results on my TotalT and FreeT, I would like to know if Im anywhere close to the levels of others. Thanks again everyone.

Thread Information