Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Iron z

Thread: TRT Options

Iron z is offline New Member

TRT Options

Hey guys,

This site has been one of my main resources for a few years now and was hoping someone could give me some advice. Currently I am 22 and weighing in at 180lbs with terribly low testosterone .
    I have been seeing Dr. Petak located in Houston TX and so far we've just been trying to determine the possible causes for my low test .. I have had a MRI to ensure I don't have a pituitary tumor, bloodowork done twice (Total test was said to be at 200 the first test and 190 the second), and a couple other examinations. The next time we meet, we were going to go over possible options for me and it is looking like he'll want to put on TRT. Not really sure what to think, but the symptoms are definitely present and getting through each day, while killing it at the gym is difficult to say the least.

I'll try to get the tests forwarded to me but he is on vacations currently so they may have to wait. I just wanted check in and see if you guys had any suggestions.

Thank you

Megalodon6 is offline Member
    Ever used aas? And yes try and post that blood work so the vets on here can give you some great advice!

Hey Mega, thank you for stopping by! Never used any aas or PHs, but I have been lifting consistently for the past five years. I've noticed that no matter how much i dial in the training and diet, my gains have leveled off significantly and I feel like the test levels could be a large cause. I'll do my best to get ahold of the blood work results tomorrow and see if I can get details for you all.
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	144618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test2.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	144619

Hey guys, so I have attached screen shots of the initial blood work that I had done before being sent to a dr in the same hospital who is a endo. I realize that without the free test levels it's not too helpful but once I see my dr next time I should be able to get the test I took after the one I've attached. Had blood work done at a clinic about 3 month ago..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3487243447.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	144629

Total test is 100 higher..and free test seems like its low-normal. I'm going to stick with my dr and see what he sets me up on.. Just have a few concerns about trt.
    Last edited by Iron z; 10-04-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Hey! If anyone could weigh in on my situation, I would greatly appreciate it. So based on everything my doc offered me two options: 1) start trt gel.. Which I am apposed to due to the high dht conversion and don't want the increased hair loss. I know hair loss is inevitable on trt, but would prefer shots that I could self-administer. 2) clomid at 50 mg a day for 3 months basically! I went with the clomid cause I really don't want to jump into anything before I get a doc that can be more flexible and work with me. He suggested the clomid may restart my natural production, but I wanted to hear what you all would suggest.

Thank you for any recommendations

15 free test sn't terrible...but yeah you are lower than you should be.

Vettester is offline Banned
    You appear to mildly low on your LH value, causing a drop in total serum. Having a LH reading at that level is mild, but still low enough that it can obviously not be enough to trigger sufficient testosterone production.

You stated that you have not done any AAS cycles or PH's, noted. It still leaves the question if there's something else factoring the with the secretion of LH, or is your HPTA just naturally underactive? Your liver enzymes are not out of range, but they're high enough that prompts the question of are you taking any medications, such as pain killers, anti-D's and/or do you drink a fair amount? No shame if you are, just trying to help find a culprit, and various drugs can factor with the HPTA.

At your age, my opinion is that you try to find a way to optimize your natural production if that's possible. That might include some combo of HCG , then Clomid as you had mentioned. Keep in mind that hair loss might be inevitable once your serum level is increased, regardless of the method used to get it there. Testosterone will convert downstream to DHT via enzyme 5-AR, and of course to estrogen through the aromatization process. Gels tend to have a greater affinity for DHT, which might be a good reason to look at injections IF you ultimately end up on TRT. However, like I said, you might be open for hair loss no matter what course you take, as genetics factor in the mix, plus the natural course of testosterone. I'd never suggest looking at a DHT inhibitor, so it's just something you need to consider.

Thank you for the response Vettester. I really am unsure about the natural state of my HPTA. But I am not on any pain killers, anti-depressants, or drinking any alcohol at the moment. I got concerned about the 50mg of clomid daily after doing some research on typical doses and speaking with Todd from IMT briefly. I am only two days into the 50 mg a day protocol that my doctor prescribed, and trying to see if I should stop and try to get a full proper restart (HCG then Clomid). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    15 free test sn't terrible...but yeah you are lower than you should be.
    Thank you for the response.
    Yes, I realize the first test which showed a total test of 300ish w/ the 15 free test value isn't too horrible. But the last two tests I have taken indicate that my levels are even lower at the moment. I was finishing a test booster at the time of that test (July).. early in the summer is when I began to speculate that my test levels were low and thought the supplement might help me out a little. Just tired of feeling emotionless, sluggish, and not enjoying life. Not to mention i gain muscle ridiculously slow regardless of how good my diet is.

Thread Information