Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Metalject

Thread: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy

Novice489 is offline Associate Member

Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy

I've been looking for an HRT clinic in my area and all that has been popping up are these Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy clinics. I'm not to sure I buy into the whole "natural" angle their pushing BUT test is test right?

Questions:
    1) Is BHRT an acceptable alternative to conventional HRT?
    2) Are the gel/patch formulations they use a reliable administration method?
    3) How does the cost of BHRT medications compare with say test cyp+hgc (with insurance)

Thanks for your time!

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The term "Bioidentical Testosterone " is one of the most genius marketing scams of all time. This implies that it's "Natural Testosterone" but any testosterone you put into your body is synthetically made. Testosterone is testosterone.

Now if we get extremely technical, no testosterone you put into your body is bioidentical unless it's pure, raw testosterone, molecularly the same as the testosterone you make with nothing else added. However, while this is possible it would also require your testosterone to have no ester attached to control the release time, so technically by adding an ester it is not officially bioidentical. However, once the ester breaks off all you have left is testosterone that is molecularly identical to the testosterone your body makes, the human body knows no difference.

Side note, while compounds like Androgel claim to be more bioidencial than injectable testosterone, if adding something to testosterone other than testosterone makes it non-bioidentical then Androgel isn't bioidentical either as it contains other ingredients. It's a clever word that makes people feel better about using testosterone, which previously has been bashed as only something the worst in society would use.
    Last edited by Metalject; 10-01-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    dreadnok89 likes this.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Ya we don't need manly men in the world anymore. Ironically high estrogen causes people especially more unstable

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    The term "Bioidentical Testosterone" is one of the most genius marketing scams of all time.
    This is fairly consistent with what I've been reading. My question is is it at least as effective as getting Test levels back to normal ranges as conventional HRT?

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Conventional TRT means you are using exogenous testosterone , testosterone that was not produced by the body but in a pharmaceutical compounding facility. Whether it has a bioidentical label on it or not, it's the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    Conventional TRT means you are using exogenous testosterone, testosterone that was not produced by the body but in a pharmaceutical compounding facility. Whether it has a bioidentical label on it or not, it's the same thing.
    That's is what I'm thinking. I called some compounding pharmacies in my area today and found out who's prescribing Test C. Going to call them tomorrow I may be able to avoid this whole Bioidentical thing all together.

Thread Information