Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EverettCD

Thread: How to tell if hcg is working?

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member

How to tell if hcg is working?

So found out signals got crossed again between Dr and pharmacy and me. I was supposed to be doing 500iu twice a week and have only been doing 250iu. How can you tell or feel the difference between the two? How can you tell it's working?

jay adams is offline Associate Member
    When I was administering 250 twice a week I had pains In my testicles and could tell something want right. Now I administer 200 3x a week and I feel normal again.

I know it's not that much of a difference but that's all it took. I was going to titrate up until the pain resided and the fullness came back and that's all it took for me.

I would say use the least amount to get you feeling like you did before trt.

Ok jay thanks, my shit wasn't hurting or anything. Maybe I'll try the 500 for a few weeks and see if I feel any difference.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    They say testicle size will tell if its working

EverettCD is offline Member
    Physical signs that you can tell your HCG dosage is working is if your testicular ache/pain subsides. Also testicular size. My grapes shriveled down to raisins after 3-4 months of TRT without HCG, within a week or two of starting HCG my raisins inflated back to grapes with no ache/pain. If you are concerned with preserving your fertility you need to have a sperm count checked by your Dr. My Dr had tested my sperm about a month preTRT, count & mobility was good to go. About 3 months after adding HCG to my protocol my wife became pregnant. Finally 4 months or so after the addition of HCG my Urologist tested my sperm, count & mobility was spot on with my preTRT sperm test.

HCG Works !!!

So if you get aches while using hcg its safe to say it isn't working,?

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    So if you get aches while using hcg its safe to say it isn't working,?
    I wouldn't necessarily state that it's not working at all, I would ASSume that your dose is too low.

What is your current HCG dose & how often to you inject? Also, how do you inject SubQ or IM? The injection site can make a difference also. When I tried injecting my HCG SubQ in my love handles it was not as effective as injecting 2"-3" below my belly button.

jay adams is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    Ok jay thanks, my shit wasn't hurting or anything. Maybe I'll try the 500 for a few weeks and see if I feel any difference.
    Those pains are eerie. Im sensitive to estrogen, thats why I spread it out and kept it low. Let us know if you have a dif in fullness after trying the 500 twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily state that it's not working at all, I would ASSume that your dose is too low.

What is your current HCG dose & how often to you inject? Also, how do you inject SubQ or IM? The injection site can make a difference also. When I tried injecting my HCG SubQ in my love handles it was not as effective as injecting 2"-3" below my belly button.

I do 500 every 3 days and I do it in the stomach. I heard the pubic area is pretty good spot too

I do 500 every 3 days and I do it in the stomach. I heard the pubic area is pretty good spot too

I have read that area is supposed to be effective for HCG also.
    dreadnok89 likes this.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can tell a big difference between 250 and 500. I can't tell a big difference in testicle size, seems about the same either way. Maybe a little fuller on 500 2x/wk but nothing significant and unless I took a picture to compare that's the only way I could tell for sure. Call me crazy, but I don't make a habit of taking pics of my nuts. I'm not a politician. But with the larger HCG dose my libido is noticeably improved and my energy levels tend to stay more even throughout the week. More stable blood levels. Anyway, I might be able to back it down a little, maybe 350 2x/wk but I'm happy where I'm at now. This is one of those things that you sometimes have to play with a little to find your perfect comfort spot. And as annoying as that sounds, that usually doesn't happen after a few months of TRT.

On the novarel box it says 500 every other day IM. So go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    I can tell a big difference between 250 and 500. I can't tell a big difference in testicle size, seems about the same either way. Maybe a little fuller on 500 2x/wk but nothing significant and unless I took a picture to compare that's the only way I could tell for sure. Call me crazy, but I don't make a habit of taking pics of my nuts. I'm not a politician. But with the larger HCG dose my libido is noticeably improved and my energy levels tend to stay more even throughout the week. More stable blood levels. Anyway, I might be able to back it down a little, maybe 350 2x/wk but I'm happy where I'm at now. This is one of those things that you sometimes have to play with a little to find your perfect comfort spot. And as annoying as that sounds, that usually doesn't happen after a few months of TRT.

Now that's funny !!!

On the novarel box it says 500 every other day IM. So go figure

HCG can be administered IM or SubQ.

Thanks guys, I had no pain on the 250 twice ew protocol but I still think I'm going to try 500 to see if it makes me feel any better.

Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD View Post
    HCG can be administered IM or SubQ.
    But does it matter which?

Thread Information