Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 6 months in on TRT- Going for RESTART!

VTX1800 is offline Associate Member
    After doing some extensive research on mono therapy Hcg , yesterday I decided to give it a shot. After all I've got the 16,000iu per month for $90. Figured I would give it a shot. 2000iu twice a week (may divide that up into 3 shots) hoping 3 shots will eliminate "some" estrogen rise.
    If I start feeling horrible within 2 or 3 weeks I can always get back on TRT. I go back for follow up BW in 6 weeks. I plan on taking .5mg of anastrozole twice a week just as precaution for e2.

jasondd1 is offline Member
    Keep us informed. i tried clomid only and it didn't really work. Interested in this

Yeah, I've battled back forth on which route to take. I came off, got back on and this time I'm definitely giving mono a try. I will keep you updated for sure.
    it's really hard for me to believe Hcg mono will keep my testosterone up after I come off of it. I understand it takes a lot of time for the body to regain its natty production (often as long as u were presenting exogenous test. To the body I think?) Still my 1st test bloodwork at the age of 29 showed my t level at 50. Gotta be a reason for that, can't see Hcg alone restoring levels.
    As someone stated earlier, my levels would only be dismal of I even restarted.

I have 2 Clomid refills left at $10 a script, think I should add 25mg daily?

dhickey is offline Junior Member
    never really understood the concern with HCG and E2. If you're getting too much E2 conversion, your balls must be making more than enough T and you can back off the HCG a bit. If on Test, just use enough HGC to keep the boys full and dangling. If using for mono therapy, just take enough to get Free T in the upper part of the range. Do people really think E2 is going to be a huge problem with T production in the normal range?

I understand that ITT levels and blood levels are completely different, but can't see how normal ITT would lead to abnormal E2. Are there some people that need crazy ITT levels to get normal blood levels? I guess I could see potential for E2 issues if that was the case.

dhickey is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTX1800 View Post
    Yeah, I've battled back forth on which route to take. I came off, got back on and this time I'm definitely giving mono a try. I will keep you updated for sure.
    it's really hard for me to believe Hcg mono will keep my testosterone up after I come off of it. I understand it takes a lot of time for the body to regain its natty production (often as long as u were presenting exogenous test. To the body I think?) Still my 1st test bloodwork at the age of 29 showed my t level at 50. Gotta be a reason for that, can't see Hcg alone restoring levels.
    As someone stated earlier, my levels would only be dismal of I even restarted.

I have 2 Clomid refills left at $10 a script, think I should add 25mg daily?
    If I were you, I would test after a few weeks on HCG to make sure your balls are producing. You can then start a SERM while you taper HCG. Not point in doing both at the same time until you verify your balls are good to go and you're planning to come off the HCG.

Thanks for your thoughts and input. If I do bloodwork in only 2-3 weeks of Hcg mono won't the results be skewed due to the test cyp still being blood?

Waiting on my ACTH stimulation test this morning. Fasting sucks, will submit results when I have them.

received a call from endos office, the ACTH test came back to show my adrenals are functioning properly. I haven't seen numbers on paper but that's what I was told. So back to the drawing board.

I've been on 1000IU m-w-f with .5mg of anastrozole Tuesday and Thursday. have 2 more weeks left and plan on checking BW to see of LH and FSH are up. I always have the option of starting back on cyp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information