Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vettester

Thread: TRT for 19 yr old with low total T, gut/manboobs, and feminine sexual preferences

  1. #1
    Bobbies is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19

    TRT for 19 yr old with low total T, but with gut/manboobs and probably high estriadol

    I came out with low total testosterone , but free and bioavailable testosterone in the normal range. I have built some muscle through pumping iron (never used steroids ), is that why my free and bioavailable testosterone are normal, while total is low? That might be an argument for my endo if I want to get TRT from him. It's highly abnormal for a 19 year old to get TRT. My total testosterone was about 247. I don't know how to look for other endos since I've never done it before, any links would be good.

    My beard isn't growing in yet, and I'm 19. I plan on using that as an argument for TRT. I have a problem with manboobs and fat in my gut despite being at a good weight, slightly low bodyfat maybe. My arms are rock-hard when flexed, but my chest is soft when I flex it. TRT would increase estrogen and my problem with manboobs would worsen. I actually had a lump growing under my nipple once, so under the influence of TRT, this may reappear. The fat in my gut hasn't gone away even when I lost a lot of weight, I have never had a "six-pack". I had a gut since puberty or even longer.

    Is it a common practice for an endo to prescribe a drug that prevents estrogen formation? What are the requirements? I was thinking it would be better to do that once I start TRT, because estrogen would be higher then. I told my current endo I wanted estrogen tested, but he didn't test it even when total testosterone came out low. I'm definitely switching endos since this one ignores or brushes off everything I say.

    I have social anxiety, but I'm assertive/aggressive and have a good sex drive, so the result of low testosterone was unexpected. I thought those were dependent solely on testosterone. Also, I tend to prefer less feminine women, and this has to do with testosterone.
    Last edited by Bobbies; 11-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.

  2. #2
    dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    978
    The sexual stuff has nothing to do testosterone .

  3. #3
    Bobbies is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    The sexual stuff has nothing to do testosterone.
    That's what I believe to be true, doesn't matter if you believe otherwise. Thanks for giving me some actual advice and answering my questions.

  4. #4
    GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    534
    When I was running low T from testicle mutilation, it had no effect on what I find attractive with women - not related to test. Some guys just have different taste in women is all.

    at 19 I would be more interested in fixing your issue vs jumping right on the trt needle. I love trt, saved my life, but I'm not looking forward to being married to a needle for the rest of my life. I have decades of 2x/wk pinning ahead of me.

  5. #5
    Megalodon6's Avatar
    Megalodon6 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Posts
    805
    Have you found a doc that's knowledgeable with male hormones?

  6. #6
    Bobbies is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    Well you should of read my post, because then you'd know I don't know how to find new endos. How, through clinic, phonebook, or internet? This forum is not being too helpful to me. None of my questions were answered yet.

  7. #7
    GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbies View Post
    Well you should of read my post, because then you'd know I don't know how to find new endos. How, through clinic, phonebook, or internet? This forum is not being too helpful to me. None of my questions were answered yet.
    How about google

  8. #8
    tectime's Avatar
    tectime is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    965
    Which question ?
    The reason you don't have hair on your face?
    You answered that one yourself you're 19 you probly barely have hair on your ass let alone your face !
    The reason you have a fat gut and man boobs at 19? Must be lazy. Or not educated enough at training. Again you're 19!
    Will an endo prescribe estrogen blockers? Probly not you're 19!
    Is anyone gonna take this shit serious? Again you're 19.
    Now nothing wrong about being 19, actually a good thing. It gives you plenty of time to study read listen practice learn the discipline it takes to prepare your self. Bad deal about your total tes being low if it truly is. But take a good look at your lifestyle!

  9. #9
    Bobbies is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19
    You know what? This is just a ****ing joke. I eat the best diet possible, and I have been skinny before, to no avail with the fat gut/manboobs. I have researched bodybuilding and hormones for years, I don't know what you expect me to know. I exercise daily. Probably you just want to piss me off. FYI it's not normal for a 19 year old to not yet have a beard growing in either. If this forum is really that ignorant and unhelpful, thank you very much. I will find a doc that will get me the TRT I need, as well as test my estrogen and prescribe me an anti-estrogen so I don't have problems with manboobs. What a waste of my ****ing time!

    Also, you forgot to explain whether free/bioavailable testosterone was normal because I pump iron.
    Last edited by Bobbies; 11-20-2013 at 06:15 AM.

  10. #10
    CobraMustangSVT is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    141
    Where are you located? Maybe if you're located in the same area as one of the members, they can point you to a doc?

    What about your regular doc? If he won't help, can he give you a referral to an endo?

  11. #11
    Megalodon6's Avatar
    Megalodon6 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Posts
    805
    Go to a4m .com and search your area... No need to be rude man

  12. #12
    Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    350
    Seems the posts here get worse by the day, now TRT @ 19 because I don't have face hair?

    Time to delete the bookmark lol

    Oh and,

    Also, I tend to prefer less feminine women, and this has to do with testosterone . *** Incorrect, it's a choice just like some like blonds and some like redheads or is that related to test levels as well?

    The fat in my gut hasn't gone away even when I lost a lot of weight. *** Less calories 3500 = 1 pound, and don't give me shit about your clean diet because it's not if you have a gut.
    Last edited by Ryanmcd; 11-20-2013 at 08:10 AM.

  13. #13
    tectime's Avatar
    tectime is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    965
    You know what ?! How do I know you eat right and workout correctly. Cause you say you do?! I think not. Man boobs snd s fat gut are body fat issues usually so if your bf is too high hence that's where it shows. But since you gave no info to any stats all I can figure is not eating or training right! FYI it's just as normal for 19 yr olds not to have much facial hair! Hell dude I was 19 a long time ago. Facial hair is partly controlled by genetics. What color hair do you have, what nationality are you, does your male family members have zz top breads or peach fuzz. Not only a hormone issue. And yes your bio available and free tes can be raised by exercise. Heavy squats, heavy deads, both help boost nat. tes. I don't have any reason to want to piss you off ! I don't know you nor do I care if your pissed off. That's part of what I'm talking about as you mature and learn more with time then when I explain to you all the info about what you're exploring you will understand and be able to achieve the goals you are seeking. There are all kinds of external stimulus that can effect tes and estrogen levels. Food, drugs, exercise. Look tell your primary doc what's going on minus the silly shit like lack of facial hair and the fact that you like girls that look like boys, have your tes levels checked a couple if times to get a true baseline reading and if truly low then your doc should be able to hook you with a specialist. If they can't you will have proof of your low "t" and some of the hrt docs might see you, but if you go in with just that story you first layed out you will never get past the front desk.

  14. #14
    dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbies View Post
    That's what I believe to be true, doesn't matter if you believe otherwise. Thanks for giving me some actual advice and answering my questions.
    You got it man. However I expect you to be put it in your place very soon

  15. #15
    jasondd1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    703
    Back to the original post. Go see a endo and bring with him a complete hormone blood work up. All hormones, thyroid(t3, t4, rt3, thyroid antibodies). Go to private md labs and order male anti aging panel along with thyroid check deluxe. And see what he or she says.

  16. #16
    GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbies View Post
    You know what? This is just a ****ing joke. I eat the best diet possible, and I have been skinny before, to no avail with the fat gut/manboobs. I have researched bodybuilding and hormones for years, I don't know what you expect me to know. I exercise daily. Probably you just want to piss me off. FYI it's not normal for a 19 year old to not yet have a beard growing in either. If this forum is really that ignorant and unhelpful, thank you very much. I will find a doc that will get me the TRT I need, as well as test my estrogen and prescribe me an anti-estrogen so I don't have problems with manboobs. What a waste of my ****ing time!

    Also, you forgot to explain whether free/bioavailable testosterone was normal because I pump iron.
    After reading this rant I would agree you probably have hormonal issues.

    Or sand in your... well, whatever

    You've posted nothing of what you eat, how you work out, blood work etc, what do you expect?

  17. #17
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Is this not the second 19 or 20 year old on here with basically the same situation in the last couple of days? Both wanting trt?

  18. #18
    Novice489's Avatar
    Novice489 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    209
    Bobbies I sincerely hope we can help you solve your problem however if you are going to get any help on these forums you need to be more respectful. The members of this forum aren't payed to help, they're here because they enjoy this. If you yell at them they're going to yell back. The second thing to note is that we get a lot of early 20's guys coming on here asking questions without reading stickies and expecting us to cater to them. Most members are just burned out on dealing with them which is why you may be getting somewhat sarcastic answers to your questions. Finally you need to post labs with reference ranges so that we can get a better picture of whats going on.

  19. #19
    dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    978
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanmcd View Post
    Seems the posts here get worse by the day, now TRT @ 19 because I don't have face hair?

    Time to delete the bookmark lol

    Oh and,

    Also, I tend to prefer less feminine women, and this has to do with testosterone . *** Incorrect, it's a choice just like some like blonds and some like redheads or is that related to test levels as well?

    The fat in my gut hasn't gone away even when I lost a lot of weight. *** Less calories 3500 = 1 pound, and don't give me shit about your clean diet because it's not if you have a gut.

    I don't know man. I added up all my calories and I'm under 2000 and can't lose shit! If you know a clean diet pm me ryanmcd please

  20. #20
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    One lesson to take from all of this is that way too many people put WAY TOO MUCH emphasis on testosterone . Testosterone is not the absolute "be all to end all" to optimal wellness. Is it important?? Absolutely, in fact, it's highly important. However, there's a plethora of variables upstream, downstream, and within the scope of hematology that will make or break your wellness program just the same.

    OP, strictly going on your testosterone serum result, yeah, it's low, and I have no doubt that you're not in a good place with that level. However, it's not just that simple for us to say go get TRT, problem solved. You really need to first find out "why" this happening. If your HPTA is suppressed, then any physician worth his/her weight will want to refer you for an MRI. 2nd, you need a full round of blood work, top to bottom. Kelkel's sticky with "finding a TRT physician" should be helpful to you not just on that, but with actually finding a physician.

    Take a couple steps back, look at this objectively, gather as much information as you can, then put a plan together. Our members will help, but we need you to compose yourself when responding, and many are just seeking clarification. E.g., if you feel your diet is the best possible, then present a few examples of what a typical day might be for you in the kitchen.

    Lastly, the good news is that your body is looking to find its balance, it's called homeostasis. The trick is finding what areas need addressed and treated to make this happen. It might be a few things, or it might involve 18 things. Blood work and a complete physical is the starting point.
    dreadnok89 likes this.

  21. #21
    EverettCD's Avatar
    EverettCD is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    680
    You claimed to be 19 years old in 2010 New and Seeking a Permanent Increase in Testosterone, Need Help

    If you want to benefit from the very helpful & knowledgable members here you need to be hones about your situation, be respectful & be prepared to be given answers that you may not agree with.

  22. #22
    Megalodon6's Avatar
    Megalodon6 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm Ron Burgundy?
    Posts
    805
    Well said Everett

  23. #23
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Trolling around for three years on this forum? Someone needs a life.

  24. #24
    JD250's Avatar
    JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    1,916
    Troll

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •