Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rusty11

Thread: Would you do it?

Ultra7580 is offline New Member

Would you do it?

Hey guys I've been a lurker on this forum for months and decided to join not to long ago. Anyways I've been feeling pretty shitty for the last few years. I'm in construction and kinda always thought I was tires from work and that caused me to be somewhat out of it. I've been lifting weights on and off for 15plus years. I've always been around 18-22% bf since I was a teen. I've had struggles putting in muscle and focusing at the gym. I decided to go see an endo and tell him how I've been feeling and I got some blood work done. Here's some of the numbers without getting into the 3 pages worth of blood work.

Total test leval was. 230. Ref range 280-1100
    Thryroid was fine. Everything else was fine. I've never done steroids before

He wants me to take test cyp injections, so I have a script for 200mgs once a week. He didn't mention anything about the following hcg or an A I. I went ahead and got that stuff on my own.

I'm really nervous about being on trt for life. However if it's going to make me feel better than so be it.

So I'm asking would you doit. And when I start cause I'm almost 100 that I'm going to start. I'll get my blood work again after 6 weeks and post a full line up.

As for now it will be 200mg of test cyp once a week with hcg 250iu twice a week. Any advice would be great. Thanks

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    That test lv is very low my friend, you need TRT IMO, so I say give it a whirl it just may change your life for the better, good luck!!

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with the right protocol it will totally change your life. I've been on for a year now and would never in a million years go off of it.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Not only would I do it, I am doing it.

I am 41 and ion construction also. My numbers weren't even as low as yours for total T. My free was low.

I only take 100mg a week - 2x 50 mg, 2x 250iu HCG and 1/4 mg anastrozole a week. Everyone is different in that aspect though. Blood work in 6 weeks will show the truth.

I commend you in looking into it, most just get treated for depression by GPs. Don't expect to instantly feel good, it is a slow progression and mine took 4-6 weeks before I actually felt better. I'm 13 weeks in now and feel 2x as good as I did at 6 weeks.

Thank for the support. Forgot to mention im 33 years old. It looks like this forum is a tight community with a lot of great advice and support. I'm 5'10 ish and about 215 with a medium build. I've lost 4 pounds already in 3 weeks trying to get my bf percentage down. My goal was goin to be to get down to 205 before I start. Cause I've read high bf will cause problems. In my case with low t will it matter as much.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    On a side note Did he talk to You about Being shutdown, posibile sites, Etc? Imask because my DR. Was like yours, just threw me on 200mgs test C a week and said well do bloods In 3 months. If I hadn't done my research I would have had no idea what I was getting into. Tons or irresponsible docs out there, on both sides of the fence

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    The test wil lhelp you lose bf.

He didn't say much. He did say that my test was low that it wouldn't matter. He's foreign and hard to understand. I fig that I would research the hell out of it myself. Also I asked about hcg and he said that you couldn't find it anywhere. I found out that empower pharmacy has it so I'm goin to ask the doc for a script and I'll get it through them. For now I got a couple 5000 I'us bottles from as piece at the gym. But if I can get phama grade which a script I'm goin to go that route.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Did endo discuss reasons why a 33 yr old needs to be on lifelong trt? That's pretty young, my friend. Regarding bloodwork, there are some extremely knowledgeable guys here who enjoy looking at complete bw. If you have time, post it up.
    NEFLRick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Did endo discuss reasons why a 33 yr old needs to be on lifelong trt? That's pretty young, my friend. Regarding bloodwork, there are some extremely knowledgeable guys here who enjoy looking at complete bw. If you have time, post it up.
    No he didn't. That's why I haven't even started yet. It's been over 3 weeks since I got my script filled. I've been researching hours every night to see if I can find out causes and bring them up to him. I'm trying to avoid it at all cost cause I really don't want to be on it for life.

Then again I don't even know what it's like to feel normal/good. I'm always tired and worn out. A good work out I'll be sore for 3-5 days. I don't recover very well even when my diet is on point.

I'm goin to keep researching and I'll post my blood works up here tomorrow or so.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Yea. A lot of us are almost forced to do our own research. It's sad we can't rely on our drs. to have the knowledge needed in order to discuss things with us. It's easy to jump right in to trt. Glad you're examining this more closely before beginning. Your symptons could be low t, but it could be a number of other things. Hopefully, bw will shine some light on the reason.
    I know you said your thyroid was fine, but those symptoms sound like mine years ago when I had an under-active thyroid. Anyway, good luck.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    At 33 my friend I would check into what's causing it, maybe try a restart. If all else fails, yes, do it. First do your due diligence which you seem to be doing. As for starting dose, 200 mg a week seems high to start with. As Rusty said, you should post complete BW for those who know can look at it. Good luck.

NEFLRick is offline Associate Member
    i'm 44 and just started trt, however, I agonized over it for over a year before taking the plunge.

Lots of knowledgable folks around here ready to help. I'd say post up the rest of your numbers and let the experts here dissect them for you.

I was also afraid of needed trt for the rest of my life, however, since my test already had crashed, it didn't really matter (for me). It's not like I wasn't able to function in life with low t but was not motivated at all (in the gym or in my personal/work life). I was doing stuff just because of habit or because I knew I needed to. I started trt a little over a month ago so just starting my journey.

Good luck either way. I agree there is very little good advice from the docs out there. Good to have people around here (some of which are docs I believe(?) ) to help.

Thread Information