Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By LFH40

Thread: Anastrozole question

LFH40 is offline Associate Member

Anastrozole question

Started Anastrozole at 1/4 tablet e3d. What's the timeframe in which I can expect for it to begin working? I took a weeks worth as of this morning and still have the erect sensitive nipples. I don't feel nearly as libidinous as I have felt even with a 65.8 e2. The libido wasn't a huge problem with the high e2 so much as the water retention and nipple issues. There's no chance in hell that I crashed my e2 in 6 days on a total of 1/2 tablet. Any thoughts? Should I also continue DIM as well while on the AI?

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LFH40 View Post
    Started Anastrozole at 1/4 tablet e3d. What's the timeframe in which I can expect for it to begin working? I took a weeks worth as of this morning and still have the erect sensitive nipples. I don't feel nearly as libidinous as I have felt even with a 65.8 e2. The libido wasn't a huge problem with the high e2 so much as the water retention and nipple issues. There's no chance in hell that I crashed my e2 in 6 days on a total of 1/2 tablet. Any thoughts? Should I also continue DIM as well while on the AI?
    Were you 65.8 on the labcorp sensitive? Generally sensitive results are much lower. Adex is strong it knocks me down very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37 View Post
    Were you 65.8 on the labcorp sensitive? Generally sensitive results are much lower. Adex is strong it knocks me down very quickly.
    Yes, the LabCorp test that is ordered by LowT dot com.
    Now, I've only taken a total of half pill so I am not expecting too much, but curious when it should start working.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I never was symptomatic to the extent you have been but I agree with xcraider. Anastrozole is very strong and it goes to work right away. No doubt. This has definitely been my experience. My guess is that it's doing what it's made to do - behind the scenes - and you just have to be patient to see when you symptoms begin to disappear. Rest assured, they will. IMO, your being wise by starting with a low dose. You can always adjust later on, if it's necessary.

By the way, my dosage and frequency is exactly the same as yours. I dose in the evenings as I get a little sleepy from it - so it's good timing for me.

Regarding your question about DIM: I still take DIM, copper and zinc daily and have no intention of changing that.
    LFH40 likes this.

2Sox, thanks! I got the advice of guys like you to try going lower first. I can appreciate that I was given the AI and the opportunity to correct my E2, but I didn't want to take the 1/2 tablet twice a week. I figured I coils start low and play with it from here.

I just want to clarify that it know everything takes time and nothing happens over night. I was only wondering when I should expect to reap the benefits. I probably sound like a broken record on here a lot. I'm just eager like most to get my life back in order. I appreciate all you guys .

2Sox, thanks! I got the advice of guys like you to try going lower first. I can appreciate that I was given the AI and the opportunity to correct my E2, but I didn't want to take the 1/2 tablet twice a week. I figured I could start low and play with it from here.

I just want to clarify that it know everything takes time and nothing happens over night. I was only wondering when I should expect to reap the benefits. I probably sound like a broken record on here a lot. I'm just eager like most to get my life back in order. I appreciate all you guys .

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    At one time doc told me to give it a couple weeks but I wasn't extreme. I was a little high but not out of range. I would think 2-3 weeks should have you feeling better.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member

Yes, the LabCorp test that is ordered by LowT dot com.
    Now, I've only taken a total of half pill so I am not expecting too much, but curious when it should start working.
    They don't do the sensitive test, but you can still manage it with what they offer, will just have to go by symptoms more.

Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37 View Post
    They don't do the sensitive test, but you can still manage it with what they offer, will just have to go by symptoms more.
    Thanks. Yeah, I took my second dose of 1/4 tablet 24 hours ago and I still have the sensitive nipples, BUT- I've noticed my libido is through the roof. Could be coincidence. Not that you guys want to know, or even care, but for a 40 year old guy, I took care of business THREE times yesterday. That is unheard of around our house for years. Placebo effect? Possibly. Guys, can't tell you how long it has been since I could maintain enough to get the job done.

With that TOO much info being said, lol, (I have to gage it somehow, so I guess this is the first thing I noticed.) I hope that this is the correct dose and the nipple sensitivity will calm down. If it's the correct dose, then great, otherwise I maybe hit the "sweet spot" and I'll be on my way down to crashing. Ugh. I'm going to get my own testing done in about a month and I'll post those results of the sensitive assay.

Oh, morning wood is fabulous.
    NEFLRick likes this.

Thanks. Yeah, I took my second dose of 1/4 tablet 24 hours ago and I still have the sensitive nipples, BUT- I've noticed my libido is through the roof. Could be coincidence. Not that you guys want to know, or even care, but for a 40 year old guy, I took care of business THREE times yesterday. That is unheard of around our house for years. Placebo effect? Possibly. Guys, can't tell you how long it has been since I could maintain enough to get the job done.

With that TOO much info being said, lol, (I have to gage it somehow, so I guess this is the first thing I noticed.) I hope that this is the correct dose and the nipple sensitivity will calm down. If it's the correct dose, then great, otherwise I maybe hit the "sweet spot" and I'll be on my way down to crashing. Ugh. I'm going to get my own testing done in about a month and I'll post those results of the sensitive assay.

Oh, morning wood is fabulous.
    Not too much information at all. On the contrary, we can use it to learn, to compare and gauge our own progress.

Regarding the "nipple issue": IMO sensitive, erect nipples do not always indicate a high E2 level. Wise that you're waiting to see what BW says. You might be surprised that your level is not as high as you might suspect.

Remember that nipples - on both men and women - are erogenous zones, and respond to stimulation with or without intercourse. From my own experience, when I'm feeling libidinous, you better believe my nipples are sensitive and get erect! Great part of foreplay and it feels good!

NEFLRick is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    From my own experience, when I'm feeling libidinous, you better believe my nipples are sensitive and get erect! Great part of foreplay and it feels good!
    Now that is too much information....

Quote Originally Posted by neflrick View Post
    now that is too much information....
    ha!;-)

Thread Information