• 2 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By sparverius

Thread: God I love the Test Shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

God I love the Test Shots

Well OK, not the shots themselves... but after 4 weeks on HRT I feel great. I can go to the gym and work out and not be crushed for days afterwards.

Shoulder and knee injuries are not bothering.

Only side effect is I am noticing women again. And not just really super attractive ones... though the pair on the stair master tonight were extremely motivating.

64509chvl is offline Associate Member
    I'm feeling the same way! Not as fast as you, but a little before 2 months, I started feeling good! Being a lifelong commitment had me all nervous in the beginning (as to be expected I guess), but the way I've been feeling the last 2-3 weeks really makes me wish I did this about 3 years ago!

Good for you bud!

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Where do you guys inject?

IM...upper outer corner of my glutes, rotate cheeks each time.

Blog Entries
    I am getting shot in the upper arm... left one week, then right the next... in 2 weeks I start self injecting so probably glutes then too.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i self inject shoulder im 2x100 mg/week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    i self inject shoulder im 2x100 mg/week.
    i would have thought it would be tough self injecting into the shoulder. It's not awkward holding the syringe that way?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try injecting subcutaneously, with an insulin needle. Abdomen or any fatty area. Many on this forum do. More steady release and lower aromatization.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Try injecting subcutaneously, with an insulin needle. Abdomen or any fatty area. Many on this forum do. More steady release and lower aromatization.
    Hmmm...something to think about! I think I'm gonna keep workin on gettin dialed in...definitely something I'd like to try once I'm consistent for a while though!

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trikydik View Post
    i would have thought it would be tough self injecting into the shoulder. It's not awkward holding the syringe that way?
    Piece of cake! place your elbow on kitchen counter without pressure down, relax delt, use other hand to inject.

no0ne23 is offline New Member
    I started IM glutes (test) when I was able to bring home self injection. I switched to IM shoulders (test & hcg ) at the recommendation of a gym buddy and nurse. They're both a little weird at first but get easier with practice and a good mirror. Hardest part is aspirating with only 1 hand, but I was doing that in both locations. I'm thinking of switching to traps for a while next, but need to ask the dr about ai benefits of subQ. I did have to go onto ai because of my rise in E2.

Either way, the worst part is all in your head. I was very (blood) squeamish and afraid of needles when I came home with my first kit. Now, it's no big deal.

Good luck!

GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    I feel like a pin cushion, between the test, hcg , peptides, I need some new spots to inject. I've been doing the top of my quad, toward the inside, and outside, and stomach.

I assume this is why some people doing crazy cycles start pinning in odd spots like the chest?

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRvi6 View Post
    I feel like a pin cushion, between the test, hcg , peptides, I need some new spots to inject. I've been doing the top of my quad, toward the inside, and outside, and stomach.

I assume this is why some people doing crazy cycles start pinning in odd spots like the chest?
    Have you tried the fatty places in the pubic area yet?

GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    Have you tried the fatty places in the pubic area yet?
    I prefer IM vs SQ

MyteeJ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trikydik View Post
    Well OK, not the shots themselves... but after 4 weeks on HRT I feel great. I can go to the gym and work out and not be crushed for days afterwards.

Shoulder and knee injuries are not bothering.

Only side effect is I am noticing women again. And not just really super attractive ones... though the pair on the stair master tonight were extremely motivating.
    That's awesome to hear your results are positive.

Over the course of my first year I was consistently encouraged by how I felt and that holds true until today.

It's cool to have that interest in the ladies again too

Keep rocking the gym and let the investment in your health payoff.

I actually went back to androgel . Fell 10 times better

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    I actually went back to androgel. Fell 10 times better
    Dred,
    I love Androgel - but the cost is a killer. The gel makes for more DHT which is a double edged sword. (Crisler feels the gels are the "gold standard", but that's his opinion. )Higher libido, increased hair loss. Also, gels are known to lose their effectiveness over time. Some don't have a problem with this; others do. I'd be tempted to go back to Androgel, if the cost were the same as Test Cyp. But that's a dream.

Happy holidays to you - and all!
    dreadnok89 likes this.

Dred,
    I love Androgel - but the cost is a killer. The gel makes for more DHT which is a double edged sword. (Crisler feels the gels are the "gold standard", but that's his opinion. )Higher libido, increased hair loss. Also, gels are known to lose their effectiveness over time. Some don't have a problem with this; others do. I'd be tempted to go back to Androgel, if the cost were the same as Test Cyp. But that's a dream.

Happy holidays to you - and all!
    Same to you wise Sox!!! And yes I agree with the price. I'm already bald so that doesn't matter!! And dht is great!!! But your right about it being too high is also no good, especially for your age, no offense. Every point Sox said is valid. No needle sticking either. My shoulders are huge from just putting it on my upper shoulders too.

PJS19 is offline Associate Member
    Dreadnok and 2sox , how come you prefered gels? I thought injection was gold standard? Could you elaborate a little more about the advantages?

Quote Originally Posted by PJS19 View Post
    Dreadnok and 2sox , how come you prefered gels? I thought injection was gold standard? Could you elaborate a little more about the advantages?
    Understand that this is completely based in my own experience:

Gels are easy to apply and also to subjectively ascertain their effectiveness on a day to day basis: If you feel you need more, add another pump. (I needed three pumps. Four got me VERY libidinous.) Then tell your Dr. to write the next script accordingly. I always felt very libidinous on Androgel - BUT this was at the very beginning of my TRT experience. No acne problem with gel. Less aromatization on gel. Most don't need an AI - although I got to a point where I needed an ai every 4 or 5 days (.25mg anastrozole). I'm relatively thin but older men are known to aromatase more readily than younger.

Crisler says gels mimic the body of a young man and shots mimic the body of an older man. I can't say I really understand what he means. I like the shots very much. I'm still trying to find the right dose of Test Cyp with hCG for myself.

I don't think gels can get you to the numbers that shots can. (AND the numbers on gels fluctuate wildly! Some months I was at 400 other months I was at 800!) Over time, gels lose their effectiveness for some reason.

I just reduced my dose of Test Cyp from 36mg EOD to 30mg EOD - because I was consistently too high at TT 1177, and FT somewhere around 230. Everything else was okay but at 66 years old, I'd like my TT level to be between 900 and 1000. Some men do great at 400-600 but I feel tuned at higher numbers.

Hope this helps.
    MyteeJ and dreadnok89 like this.

sparverius is offline Junior Member
    Androgel was better for me than test. cyp. Until the Agel stopped working (after about seven years).
    For most of that I was on 8 pumps of 1%, which put my total T around 650-700. Most people don't need that much.

No AI needed, normal libido, no bloat, felt normal. With test. cyp. I need AI, libido is not as good and I gained weight that I didn't want. AI is a pain- too much or too little are both bad and have similar symptoms.

Unless insurance doesn't cover it, try the gel before test. cyp. If it doesn't work you can try something else.

Weight lifters who do AAS don't use gel, probably because it'd take so much gel to get to the levels they desire. I think that's where the test. cyp. is the "gold standard" comes from. But AAS is not TRT.
    dreadnok89 likes this.

Thread Information