Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FRDave

Thread: Explaining Blood Work & Other Common Questions Again

  1. #1
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572

    Explaining Blood Work & Other Common Questions Again

    Blood Work - LowTestosterone.com
    The $199 per month program includes an initial blood test, one 6wks into treatment, 6 months into treatment and then once every 6 months from there. That's the layout. If you would like more blood work, you can buy additional blood work. There are also many panels you can buy individually or to add to your scheduled blood test.

    This is the program, when you signup for the program this is what you're getting blood work wise. If you would like 37 blood test per year, I'm sure you can find a doctor that provides that but you won't find it for anywhere near $199.

    Testosterone Doses:
    There is no such thing as a TRT dose above 300mg per week, not legitimately. No sane physician who values his freedom is going to prescribe you 900mg/wk or even 900mg every 9 days. Your PTSD does not require you to need supraphysiological doses of testosterone. The fact that you were hit by a baseball in the sack when you were 15 doesn't not require you to need supraphysiological doses of testosterone. Maybe you spent some time in a former Soviet Block nation and were exposed to some type of hidden chemical, this does not require you to need supraphysiological doses of testosterone.

    *Very few will ever need 250-300mg/wk, less than 1%.

    Anastrozole:
    This is the AI prescribed to combat increases in estradiol. No, the doctor will not write you a prescription for Letrozole 2.5mg/eod. In rare cases the doctor may write an RX for Aromasin but the patient will have to pay for it out of pocket. This is not covered by the $199 plan and is honestly rarely needed. There is no reason you can not enjoy a very successful TRT experience with Anastrozole safely and effectively.

    Dbol , Tren and Winstrol are not part of TRT. Amazing this needs to be stated, lol!

    Message Boards:
    If you go to your doctor and say something like "but BigBaller4000 on steroid .com said" your doctor will look at you like you're retarded. You've just quoted a screen name. Now BigBaller4000 may have said something that's correct, revolutionary or at least very intuitive, but try to go about it in a sane way. And for those that are wondering, yes this has happened on a few occasions.

  2. #2
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Blood Work - LowTestosterone.com

    Dbol , Tren and Winstrol are not part of TRT. Amazing this needs to be stated, lol!

    Wait......what?


    J/K. Good write up as usual LT.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  3. #3
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Blood Work - LowTestosterone.com
    Good clarification. I assume one reason for your post is the result of a great many bizarre email inquiries and/or phone conversations.

    I'm curious. From my knowledge, in order to keep a close watch on one's progress in TRT, especially in the beginning of treatment (for the first year), labs ought to be taken - at the minimum - every six weeks. (Correct me if I'm wrong but countless men on this forum has made it clear that this is a common practice.) How can physicians at LowT.com keep close tabs on patients with only one initial lab and another taken six months into treatment? In my opinion, this doesn't seem like prudent medicine. (OR is LowT.com actually counting on its patients to get their own outside bloodwork?)

    I began TRT at Ageless Men's Health, in NYC. Testosterone Cypionate , hCG , and Anastrozole all included - AND blood work every month. All inclusive, $200. (I left because I was able to find a private TRT doctor who prescribes Testosterone and takes Medicare. And by the way, I opt to get complete lab workups done every month by my GP - so I can keep tabs on things with him.)

    My point is this: If Ageless Men's can do all of the above for $200/month, why can't Lowtestosterone.com?

  4. #4
    hawk14dl's Avatar
    hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,592
    Kind of funny that you have to explain some of these things, as if you're talking to children..

    Btw, sent you a pm

  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,578
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Good clarification. I assume one reason for your post is the result of a great many bizarre email inquiries and/or phone conversations.

    I'm curious. From my knowledge, in order to keep a close watch on one's progress in TRT, especially in the beginning of treatment (for the first year), labs ought to be taken - at the minimum - every six weeks. (Correct me if I'm wrong but countless men on this forum has made it clear that this is a common practice.) How can physicians at LowT.com keep close tabs on patients with only one initial lab and another taken six months into treatment? In my opinion, this doesn't seem like prudent medicine. (OR is LowT.com actually counting on its patients to get their own outside bloodwork?)

    I began TRT at Ageless Men's Health, in NYC. Testosterone Cypionate , hCG , and Anastrozole all included - AND blood work every month. All inclusive, $200. (I left because I was able to find a private TRT doctor who prescribes Testosterone and takes Medicare. And by the way, I opt to get complete lab workups done every month by my GP - so I can keep tabs on things with him.)

    My point is this: If Ageless Men's can do all of the above for $200/month, why can't Lowtestosterone.com?
    Every month 2Sox, damn?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    FRDave's Avatar
    FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl
    Kind of funny that you have to explain some of these things, as if you're talking to children.. Btw, sent you a pm

    Feel like I'm in grade school getting punished for someone one kid did that is completely irrelevant to me lol.
    2Sox likes this.

  7. #7
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Every month 2Sox, damn?
    Well... maybe I'll stretch it out to six weeks.

    Anyway, maybe it's been saving me some trips to the Red Cross.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 01-21-2014 at 11:11 PM.

  8. #8
    FRDave's Avatar
    FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox
    Well... maybe I'll stretch it out to six weeks. Anyway, maybe it's been saving me some trips to the Red Cross.
    I get blood work every 6-8 weeks. Don't see how it would be possible to get dialed in with blood work at only the 6 week mark then 6 months later. I would have been a hot mess with that protocol.

  9. #9
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    Don't see how it would be possible to get dialed in with blood work at only the 6 week mark then 6 months later. I would have been a hot mess with that protocol.
    Got that right!

  10. #10
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Good clarification. I assume one reason for your post is the result of a great many bizarre email inquiries and/or phone conversations.

    I'm curious. From my knowledge, in order to keep a close watch on one's progress in TRT, especially in the beginning of treatment (for the first year), labs ought to be taken - at the minimum - every six weeks. (Correct me if I'm wrong but countless men on this forum has made it clear that this is a common practice.) How can physicians at LowT.com keep close tabs on patients with only one initial lab and another taken six months into treatment? In my opinion, this doesn't seem like prudent medicine. (OR is LowT.com actually counting on its patients to get their own outside bloodwork?)

    I began TRT at Ageless Men's Health, in NYC. Testosterone Cypionate , hCG , and Anastrozole all included - AND blood work every month. All inclusive, $200. (I left because I was able to find a private TRT doctor who prescribes Testosterone and takes Medicare. And by the way, I opt to get complete lab workups done every month by my GP - so I can keep tabs on things with him.)

    My point is this: If Ageless Men's can do all of the above for $200/month, why can't Lowtestosterone.com?
    Posted because there are non-stop phone calls and emails about these things.

    But on the issue of blood testing - This is what the program covers. That's the point, that's what the program covers. You can buy more blood test if you want. We have a guy that buys one every 4wks. I've tried my best to explain to him how unnecessary that is. He asked me if he was being stupid, I said yes, lol! There's just no reason. If you need blood work every 4-6wks for a year you have some severe problems far beyond low testosterone . LowT is easy to treat in most cases. It's not complicated yet many men over complicate it.

    Ageless Male, they do that because they require you to go to the office weekly for your shots. Same as LowT Center. Having to go in every week for an injection is a bit insane but by saying you need blood work regularly too and making a big stink about it helps you get away with it.

    MOST IMPORTANT PART: LowTestosterone.com is not a clinic. We are not a doctors office, we are not a doctor, we are not a hospital. We are a client management provider. For the most part (closest example I can think of) we provide the same service Cenegenics does without the fluff stuff and faster and round the clock customer service for 90% less than they do.

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Posted because there are non-stop phone calls and emails about these things.

    But on the issue of blood testing - This is what the program covers. That's the point, that's what the program covers. You can buy more blood test if you want. We have a guy that buys one every 4wks. I've tried my best to explain to him how unnecessary that is. He asked me if he was being stupid, I said yes, lol! There's just no reason. If you need blood work every 4-6wks for a year you have some severe problems far beyond low testosterone. LowT is easy to treat in most cases. It's not complicated yet many men over complicate it.

    Ageless Male, they do that because they require you to go to the office weekly for your shots. Same as LowT Center. Having to go in every week for an injection is a bit insane but by saying you need blood work regularly too and making a big stink about it helps you get away with it.

    MOST IMPORTANT PART: LowTestosterone.com is not a clinic. We are not a doctors office, we are not a doctor, we are not a hospital. We are a client management provider. For the most part (closest example I can think of) we provide the same service Cenegenics does without the fluff stuff and faster and round the clock customer service for 90% less than they do.

    2Sox I'm picturing your BP rising.....
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Posted because there are non-stop phone calls and emails about these things.

    But on the issue of blood testing - This is what the program covers. That's the point, that's what the program covers. You can buy more blood test if you want. We have a guy that buys one every 4wks. I've tried my best to explain to him how unnecessary that is. He asked me if he was being stupid, I said yes, lol! There's just no reason. If you need blood work every 4-6wks for a year you have some severe problems far beyond low testosterone . LowT is easy to treat in most cases. It's not complicated yet many men over complicate it.

    Ageless Male, they do that because they require you to go to the office weekly for your shots. Same as LowT Center. Having to go in every week for an injection is a bit insane but by saying you need blood work regularly too and making a big stink about it helps you get away with it.

    MOST IMPORTANT PART: LowTestosterone.com is not a clinic. We are not a doctors office, we are not a doctor, we are not a hospital. We are a client management provider. For the most part (closest example I can think of) we provide the same service Cenegenics does without the fluff stuff and faster and round the clock customer service for 90% less than they do.
    Thanks for the reply. From the education I've been getting on this forum, I'm learning more the truth to your statement I've bolded above. But I disagree with your policy of such infrequent blood work. I personally think it's not wise and not careful - and I suspect is somewhat driven by your bottom line.

    From my own experience it seems that monthly blood work is not uncommon (at least here in NYC). My urologist (with whom I originally began TRT) took blood when writing my monthly script for gel. (Could be he did so to increase his bottom line.) Now I'm with a TRT doctor who writes for my test cyp every two months. Would take blood then but I just hand him the lab report from my GP that I get every 4-5 weeks. My wife is a P.A. in general medicine and cardiology and feels frequent BW is a very good idea.

    Monthly may be excessive, but twice yearly, in my view, is neglectful. I personally feel more comfortable with more frequent blood work because I need to know if I am supplementing correctly and I need to know where my E2 levels are, not to mention total and free T and hematocrit - especially in this first year of injections and finding my way. Labs have showed me things that I needed to adjust immediately. To me it's simple too: Monthly is pro-active. Every six months is re-active.

    And I'll bet if you honestly ask the opinions of your clients on this matter, you'll get a great number of similar responses.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 01-22-2014 at 01:28 PM.

  13. #13
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Thanks for the reply. From the education I've been getting on this forum, I'm learning more the truth to your statement I've bolded above. But I disagree with your policy of such infrequent blood work. I personally think it's not wise and not careful - and I suspect is somewhat driven by your bottom line.

    From my own experience it seems that monthly blood work is not uncommon (at least here in NYC). My urologist (with whom I originally began TRT) took blood when writing my monthly script for gel. (Could be he did so to increase his bottom line.) Now I'm with a TRT doctor who writes for my test cyp every two months. Would take blood then but I just hand him the lab report from my GP that I get every 4-5 weeks. My wife is a P.A. in general medicine and cardiology and feels frequent BW is a very good idea.

    Monthly may be excessive, but twice yearly, in my view, is neglectful. I personally feel more comfortable with more frequent blood work because I need to know if I am supplementing correctly and I need to know where my E2 levels are, not to mention total and free T and hematocrit - especially in this first year of injections and finding my way. Labs have showed me things that I needed to adjust immediately. To me it's simple too: Monthly is pro-active. Every six months is re-active.

    And I'll bet if you honestly ask the opinions of your clients on this matter, you'll get a great number of similar responses.
    I hear everything you're saying. And I've thought somewhat the same in the past. I'll simply go through some of the high points and possible points of interest.

    *Our program is based on the Harvard Protocol. This is the protocol developed by Dr. Abraham Morgentaler. He's also the physician who finally collapsed the hysteria surrounding testosterone and prostate cancer.

    *The most important factor is how the patient feels, not the numbers.

    *Numbers that could be alarming, particularly hematocrit as you mentioned - Let's say you start TRT, in 6wks you have another test and now you have an initial and followup reading on your hematocrit based on your current dose of testosterone. Hematocrit has not gone up significantly, that's often the case. Assuming the dose is the same, should we expect the level to sky rocket over the next few months? No. If the dose is increased a bit and it's never going to go up a massive amount, this is TRT not bodybuilding, hematocrit should not increase to insane levels in a few months time. Could it increase to where a man needs a blood draw? Possibly and if that happens he can have blood drawn and everything will be fine.

    *How often does a man on TRT need a blood draw? A man actually on TRT and who is not using other steroids or items that might increase hematocrit (which many do without telling their physician) I would say 1% at most and that's a liberal estimate.

    Last point, and I think this will help what we do hit home a little more.
    If you go buy a car, there is a price for that car as is. If you want to add things, other features to the car the cost of the car will go up. You may want these things or you may even consider them essential and that's fine, but the cost will go up. To buy the car as is you will pay the price on the sticker and you will get the car as is.

  14. #14
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    I hear everything you're saying. And I've thought somewhat the same in the past. I'll simply go through some of the high points and possible points of interest.
    Low T,

    We've both presented our cases. I stand by my position. Others can comment.

    By the way, I think you could have chosen a better analogy than that of purchasing a car. In my view, it doesn't hit home at all. I know you tried to illustrate an idea but comparing a vehicle to a man's health just doesn't work. At least not for me. Slightly absurd and sort of an anticlimax. It just detracts from impact of your earlier well made points. And it also reinforces the implication that there is a profit motive built into your protocol - something I'm sure you didn't intend to do.

    Can you answer this for me: Although your protocol is "based" on the Harvard Protocol, can you tell me how closely you follow it? I'd be grateful if you gave me fast link to it. Thanks.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 01-22-2014 at 04:35 PM.

  15. #15
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    2Sox I'm picturing your BP rising.....
    Nahhh...
    Last edited by 2Sox; 01-22-2014 at 05:13 PM.

  16. #16
    FRDave's Avatar
    FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Once dialed in, I feel blood work every 6 months is adequate as you are no longer making changes.

    My issues is trying to get dialed in... Blood work at 6 weeks then not again till 6 months later? That's ridiculous in my opinion and is just luck of the draw for those who do get their protocol down that first 6 weeks.

    Blood work should be drawn every 8-10 weeks till dialed in, then every 6 months once dialed in.

    *The above is only my opinion of course and based on me experience trying to get dialed in.

  17. #17
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    Once dialed in, I feel blood work every 6 months is adequate as you are no longer making changes.

    My issues is trying to get dialed in... Blood work at 6 weeks then not again till 6 months later? That's ridiculous in my opinion and is just luck of the draw for those who do get their protocol down that first 6 weeks.

    Blood work should be drawn every 8-10 weeks till dialed in, then every 6 months once dialed in.

    *The above is only my opinion of course and based on me experience trying to get dialed in.
    It's not 6 months later. It's around 4 months after your 6wk test, which is around 6 months after you first started treatment. That's how mine worked anyway and I'd assume it's the same with everyone.

  18. #18
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Posted because there are non-stop phone calls and emails about these things.

    But on the issue of blood testing - This is what the program covers. That's the point, that's what the program covers. You can buy more blood test if you want. We have a guy that buys one every 4wks. I've tried my best to explain to him how unnecessary that is. He asked me if he was being stupid, I said yes, lol! There's just no reason. If you need blood work every 4-6wks for a year you have some severe problems far beyond low testosterone. LowT is easy to treat in most cases. It's not complicated yet many men over complicate it.

    Ageless Male, they do that because they require you to go to the office weekly for your shots. Same as LowT Center. Having to go in every week for an injection is a bit insane but by saying you need blood work regularly too and making a big stink about it helps you get away with it.

    MOST IMPORTANT PART: LowTestosterone.com is not a clinic. We are not a doctors office, we are not a doctor, we are not a hospital. We are a client management provider. For the most part (closest example I can think of) we provide the same service Cenegenics does without the fluff stuff and faster and round the clock customer service for 90% less than they do.
    Low T,

    In my view, here is a perfect example of the point I was trying to make and, IMO, makes LowTestosterone.com's practice of infrequent bloodwork (as standard policy) impractical at best, and terribly unsafe at worst. What is the oath? "First do no harm."

    I just got my lab work back and, in part, these are the results:

    Pregnenolone <5 Range: 13-208 ng/dL

    Estradiol 41 Range <OR=29 pg/mL

    Tot. Testosterone 1307 Range: 250-1100 ng/dL

    Testosterone, Free 359.04 Range: 35.0-155.0 pg/mL

    SHBG 31 Range: 22-77 nmol/L

    Five weeks earlier, my Estradiol was <2. On Dec. 16th, I then stopped my low dose AI -.25mg E3D - and continued a DIM, Zinc, Copper daily regimen. Apparently this didn't do the trick.

    My protocol is fairly straightforward:
    32mg Test Cyp, subQ, EOD

    hCG : 250iu 3xweek

    100mg DIM, 50mg Zinc, 4mg Copper daily


    My point is this: If a patient's values are not monitored closely for the first year, how is it possible to know how to adjust his dosages - and prevent problems? OR to improve treatment? BOTH would have to wait for six months. This is crazy to me.

    I can only imagine what the results would have been if I let this go for six months.

    And while I'm on the subject, I'd be grateful for anyone's advice on how to address these results above. Thanks.

    My idea is to lower my dose to 30mg Test Cyp EOD and .25mg adex every 4/5 days. (I took a dose as soon as I got this lab report!) But I'm thinking it might be better to dose .25mg adex every week. What do you all think?
    Last edited by 2Sox; 01-24-2014 at 03:49 PM.

  19. #19
    jay adams is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    267
    I'm with low t and I totally agree with sox and dave. I'm about to do my 6 month blood but I've hustled 4 blood tests from my doctors through my insurance besides my 6 week blood. My test and E was all over on the first 3 tests. If I wouldn't have done those extra tests I Def wouldn't be dialed in by the first year.

    I do understand low t policy and the price for an individual test is reasonable if you want extra. I just think new patients should know that they should (or at least I would) be testing at least every 2 months until you get dialed in.

  20. #20
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Low T,

    In my view, here is a perfect example of the point I was trying to make and, IMO, makes LowTestosterone.com's practice of infrequent bloodwork (as standard policy) impractical at best, and terribly unsafe at worst. What is the oath? "First do no harm."

    I just got my lab work back and, in part, these are the results:

    Pregnenolone <5 Range: 13-208 ng/dL

    Estradiol 41 Range <OR=29 pg/mL

    Tot. Testosterone 1307 Range: 250-1100 ng/dL

    Testosterone, Free 359.04 Range: 35.0-155.0 pg/mL

    SHBG 31 Range: 22-77 nmol/L

    Five weeks earlier, my Estradiol was <2. On Dec. 16th, I then stopped my low dose AI -.25mg E3D - and continued a DIM, Zinc, Copper daily regimen. Apparently this didn't do the trick.

    My protocol is fairly straightforward:
    32mg Test Cyp, subQ, EOD

    hCG : 250iu 3xweek

    100mg DIM, 50mg Zinc, 4mg Copper daily


    My point is this: If a patient's values are not monitored closely for the first year, how is it possible to know how to adjust his dosages - and prevent problems? OR to improve treatment? BOTH would have to wait for six months. This is crazy to me.

    I can only imagine what the results would have been if I let this go for six months.

    And while I'm on the subject, I'd be grateful for anyone's advice on how to address these results above. Thanks.

    My idea is to lower my dose to 30mg Test Cyp EOD and .25mg adex every 4/5 days. (I took a dose as soon as I got this lab report!) But I'm thinking it might be better to dose .25mg adex every week. What do you all think?
    Again, we're not a clinic. We're a client management provider. That's a BIG difference. On our website it even says in big capital letters in several places WE ARE NOT A CLINIC.

    Our service, we have pre-negotiated prices with doctors, pharmacies and labs. Our job is to set you up with those things. Could you see the same doctor for the same treatment outside of our system? Absolutely, but you'd pay a good bit more. That's the entire point, to be able to use those doctors, pharmacies and labs for the discounted rate. And at the discounted rate, what you get is what's been described.

    Do we help guide our clients through their TRT process? Absolutely, and if they do need more than what the package includes we make it available to them and do our best to do so at a more affordable rate.

    Let's also keep in mind, our job at lowtestosterone.com is not to tell you why you have low testosterone . Again, we're not a clinic. Absolutely, there are hundreds of reasons why a man might have low testosterone, but around 95% of men that have it do so because of age or past drug use, that's it. Those are the men that will benefit from our program. They'll receive treatment from physicians who understand TRT, who care that their TRT is successful and they'll receive good meds they need to help with that.

    Have you ever used an insurance broker to help you get a better deal on car insurance or some type of insurance? I'm sure many here have, I have. The broker presents the various plans available from different providers and states this is what you get for that price. If you want more than that, absolutely, you can receive more than that, but you won't for the stated price, it will cost a little more. There's really no difference here.

    Finally, so far we have an almost 90% retention rate with our clients. As the message board knows, our business is not that old and it's also the only model like it in the country. A retention rate of 90% that's unheard of and something we're very proud of. If the program was terrible and the men on the program weren't getting the benefits they needed, you can guarantee it would be lower. Have their been those who didn't care for the program? Of course, otherwise we'd be at 100% but there's no such thing anywhere. People lose their jobs, hit hard times, find that they have a unique problem that is beyond simply low testosterone or get upset when they don't get 84000mg per week.

  21. #21
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Again, we're not a clinic. We're a client management provider. That's a BIG difference. On our website it even says in big capital letters in several places WE ARE NOT A CLINIC.

    Our service, we have pre-negotiated prices with doctors, pharmacies and labs. Our job is to set you up with those things. Could you see the same doctor for the same treatment outside of our system? Absolutely, but you'd pay a good bit more. That's the entire point, to be able to use those doctors, pharmacies and labs for the discounted rate. And at the discounted rate, what you get is what's been described.

    Do we help guide our clients through their TRT process? Absolutely, and if they do need more than what the package includes we make it available to them and do our best to do so at a more affordable rate.

    Let's also keep in mind, our job at lowtestosterone.com is not to tell you why you have low testosterone . Again, we're not a clinic. Absolutely, there are hundreds of reasons why a man might have low testosterone , but around 95% of men that have it do so because of age or past drug use, that's it. Those are the men that will benefit from our program. They'll receive treatment from physicians who understand TRT, who care that their TRT is successful and they'll receive good meds they need to help with that.

    Have you ever used an insurance broker to help you get a better deal on car insurance or some type of insurance? I'm sure many here have, I have. The broker presents the various plans available from different providers and states this is what you get for that price. If you want more than that, absolutely, you can receive more than that, but you won't for the stated price, it will cost a little more. There's really no difference here.

    Finally, so far we have an almost 90% retention rate with our clients. As the message board knows, our business is not that old and it's also the only model like it in the country. A retention rate of 90% that's unheard of and something we're very proud of. If the program was terrible and the men on the program weren't getting the benefits they needed, you can guarantee it would be lower. Have their been those who didn't care for the program? Of course, otherwise we'd be at 100% but there's no such thing anywhere. People lose their jobs, hit hard times, find that they have a unique problem that is beyond simply low testosterone or get upset when they don't get 84000mg per week.
    Maybe this is going over my head. Does "client management" mean you're not required to do what's medically prudent, and this way you won't get in trouble for it because of the label. In contrast, a "clinic" must do what's medically prudent or they will get in trouble? I'd be grateful if you cleared this up for me.

  22. #22
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    LowT,

    Let me be clear: I have absolutely no doubt that you provide an excellent service and you clients are very satisfied with it. If I was not able to get treatment, I'd most likey give you a call myself. That's not what I'm questioning at all. I'm merely questioning this practice of infrequent blood work that I think not only short changes your clients - but puts their health at risk, which I have tried to make clear. I'm talking about what I believe would be ethical medicine. I'm not sure I know what you are talking about when you try to differentiate between "client management" and "clinic".

  23. #23
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    I also agree with sox. Just getting dialed.can require several blood tests. I have an issue with high hematocrit which has required 2 blood tests. Do you also fill ought the required paperwork for therapeutic blood draws? Ive also had an issue with estradiol which has required 2 blood tests to monitor. We are always preaching how everyone is different and how one exact protocol is not the same for all, yet that's what seems to be happening. My insurance doesn't cover some of the meds but at least.my bw is. My Doc is doing a good job there.

  24. #24
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Maybe this is going over my head. Does "client management" mean you're not required to do what's medically prudent, and this way you won't get in trouble for it because of the label. In contrast, a "clinic" must do what's medically prudent or they will get in trouble? I'd be grateful if you cleared this up for me.
    Saying we're not a clinic isn't a loophole or anything like that. We're in no shape or form a clinic. We're not the ones doing your treatment. For $199 per month you receive what's laid out in the program. That's the base plan. If you want other things, more blood testing, methylcobalamin, sermorelin, etc. we can help you with that, but that's not covered by the $199. Staying on the topic of blood work, if you feel you need blood work every 6 or so weeks the first year, we can help you with that. If you wanted to have blood work every day (not saying you're saying that) we can help you with that too.

    I think the issue here is that what we do is not something anyone else does and that makes it confusing. But if you step back for a minute, read what's on the website, it's all there and explained in detail.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •