Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Getting meds from VA. I am type II Diabetic prescriber insilinproducing tab Glipizide

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

Getting meds from VA. I am type II Diabetic scripted insilin producing tab Glipizide

Has anyone heard of this ? Sounds to good to be true because my glucose only spikes from time to time and this is an Insilin stimulator in a tab ? Also Dr. told me to reduce protein intake due to reduced kidney function ? That is how I have acheived the goals I have and I am still loosing fat and find this hard to do ? Seems drug would take care of protein for muscles ? Advise please ?

Glipizide

Glipizide is used along with diet and exercise, and sometimes with other medications, to treat type 2 diabetes (condition in which the body does not use insulin normally and, therefore, cannot control the amount of sugar in the blood). Glipizide is in a class of medications called sulfonylureas. Glipizide lowers blood sugar by causing the pancreas to produce insulin (a natural substance that is needed to break down sugar in the body) and helping the body use insulin efficiently. "GOOD I THINK" ? This medication will only help lower blood sugar in people whose bodies produce insulin naturally. Glipizide is not used to treat type 1 diabetes (condition in which the body does not produce insulin and, therefore, cannot control the amount of sugar in the blood) or diabetic ketoacidosis (a serious condition that may occur if high blood sugar is not treated) Thoughts and opinions ? Has anyone heard of this ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-25-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: space word

Blog Entries
    Bump

Please

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What do you want to know?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    What do you want to know?
    Will this Tab cause any of the anabolic results that injection of inslin does and if it will what should it do or effect ?

Glipizide - lowers blood sugar by causing the pancreas to produce insulin

Thanks for response ! Have you heard of this other than Internet research ? Do you know any positive results from taking in addition to lowering Glucose level ? Please share all you know
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-27-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If there are any odd benefits or concerns, they should be mentioned in its Wikipedia article. But no, you aren't going to get huge off this (though you'll benefit from having your diabetes better controlled).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    If there are any odd benefits or concerns, they should be mentioned in its Wikipedia article. But no, you aren't going to get huge off this (though you'll benefit from having your diabetes better controlled).
    I must have a really strange endo or metabolisim because I am on a target almost all Protein and eat no less than 5 times and some times 7 a day ? I am lacking on cardio though !

Thanks a lot ! Still a benifit, because even Type II Diabeties can be serious and I am thankful for this ! Medforin did not help me and it was just another substance to work the kidneys ! For some strange reason this tab hit the pancreas and causes an Inslin relaese in an extented release capasity ? Not really sure how it works ? But thank you tons !

Thanks ! I guess I was thinking way to outside the box . . . lol ? Yep I am only on Test and a boost of Tren from time to time and very happy if I can just get some HCG ! For the life of me I can't figure out how to use Western union when they don't give an agent to send $$$ to ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-27-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Thread Information