• 2 Post By Beethoven
  • 1 Post By Rida5d
  • 1 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By Rida5d

Thread: Low testosterone and low sex drive article

Rida5d is offline Member

Low testosterone and low sex drive article

Hello everyone..
    I came through this article and wanted to share with you guys..
    The article says that the low T (as we age) doesn't have an impact on the libido and that that a 15% - 150% TT variation didn't mean a lot for sex drive while for sure it had an impact on the lbm.
    The other thing that I understood from the study is that aggression / having sex will increase testosterone , not the other way round meaning that there is no evidence that low T will kill your libido.
    I, from my own limited experience, didn't experience a change on my sex drive at 500 mg test cycles , and for sure never looked at my Test cycles as a sexual performance enhancer, still we all get screwed up on pct.
    A part of me wants to believe in this study but something seems wrong..
    Here is the study:

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationshi...for-sex?page=1

Some inputs from you guys are highly appreciated.

LFH40 is offline Associate Member
    It sounds like utter rubbish to me. I couldn't get an erection and keep one to saver life before TRT. I want it and can perform 3 times a day if I had the time now. At 40 years old, for me personally, this is unheard of. It's my reality now. Another propaganda piece trying to dissuade men from taking testosterone , IMHO.

Rida5d is offline Member
    I appreciate your input.
    The article says that if you are extreme low on TT , Sex drive is destroyed..
    Do u mind if I ask what was ur TT Before TRT?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I agree. Exercise, specifically weight training do boost t levels but the fact you can have sex so as to boost t levels isn't correct. I had boosted my t levels to 350 with nutrition and weight training. I can also say that your libido goes as your test levels along with your E2 go, in my personal experience. I haven't known anyone with a low t level of 130 or so have a robust libido. I think it's more the memory of how we were before low t and good sex and not necessary libido, imho.
    Rida5d and LFH40 like this.

Rida5d is offline Member
    I heard once that being around sexy females will boost it ur T.
    Dunno if that was true or pure BS

Quote Originally Posted by Rida5d View Post
    I appreciate your input.
    The article says that if you are extreme low on TT , Sex drive is destroyed..
    Do u mind if I ask what was ur TT Before TRT?
    I was 192 back in the summer. After 100mg of test cyp weekly, I'm sitting at 870. I was a miserable frustrating mess to my wife. I couldn't finish the job. Now I am able to complete and with a shortened refractory period, able to perform again! Morning erections were non existent for years. I now wake up with one I'm able to hang a coat on.

Yes, E2 is hand in hand with test as far as keeping it monitored. Go too low and you get the effects of low t, go too high with your e2 and you also get the same effect as low t. That's why I quit seeing doctors outside of the anti aging world for my low t. They could care less about my E2 or anything else. They were happy to try to get me to the bottom of the range for testosterone , which in my opinion is totally unacceptable. The cure all for these doctors is to slather on androgel and do nothing more. That is irresponsible and a recipe for disaster, depression, and sexual disfunction.. Not to mention the deterioration of your testicles. A combo of test, hcg , regular bloodwork, and possibly an AI can change your life. It changed mine in 4 months already. Still having E2 issues, but working on them and still feel better now with those minor issues than before TRT.

Yes, TRT helps libido and sexual performance TREMENDOUSLY!
    Last edited by LFH40; 02-01-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Rida5d is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LFH40 View Post
    I was 192 back in the summer. After 100mg of test cyp weekly, I'm sitting at 870. I was a miserable frustrating mess to my wife. I couldn't finish the job. Now I am able to complete and with a shortened refractory period, able to perform again! Morning erections were non existent for years. I now wake up with one I'm able to hang a coat on.
    That might be the problem sir.
    If u went through the article it says : if you are under healthy levels , sex drive would be affected. And u were there.
    Now what got my attention is that between 15-150 % (within healthy levels) , sex drive didn't change.
    I'm not defending the study brother. I'm just listing what they said.
    One more thing: the study says that there was big difference in lbm (gaining muscle) when TT was at the high side.
    This eliminates the theory that the study is brought by someone who doesn't want people to use test. We cycle test cuz of muscles, not for libido issues. What do u think?
    LFH40 likes this.

You make good points! I guess I'm just happy because it straightened out aspects of my life that were sort of in a shambles. I'm recovering from a shoulder scope which left me unable to do "real" workouts. So I'm anxious to get the opportunity to work out with a full tank, so to speak!

Rida5d is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LFH40 View Post
    You make good points! I guess I'm just happy because it straightened out aspects of my life that were sort of in a shambles. I'm recovering from a shoulder scope which left me unable to do "real" workouts. So I'm anxious to get the opportunity to work out with a full tank, so to speak!

All the power to u brother.
    By the way, I'm 38 , and so soon will be on TRT .. STAY HEALTHY.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Rida,
    Are you aware that this article was published fourteen years ago? I think, if he even attempted to publish it today, he probably wouldn't be able to find work the next day.
    Beethoven likes this.

Rida5d is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Rida,
    Are you aware that this article was published fourteen years ago? I think, if he even attempted to publish it today, he probably wouldn't be able to find work the next day.

Actually no. I didn't know the date this article was published but I came across it only today.. That's why I just shared it..
    IMO.. We evolved a lot during 14 years, but I don't see the date of publishing as a reason to ignore a study. Unless there is an update that you or anyone else know, it might be interesting to read, at least.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rida5d View Post
    Actually no. I didn't know the date this article was published but I came across it only today.. That's why I just shared it..
    IMO.. We evolved a lot during 14 years, but I don't see the date of publishing as a reason to ignore a study. Unless there is an update that you or anyone else know, it might be interesting to read, at least.
    I agree completely. ALL knowledge is useful and ought always to be read with a critical mind.
    Part of being a good critic is to see where something could be better and saying so.

So...I just said so.

Think about some of the pioneers of TRT. A few months ago, I had a conversation with E.Barry Gordon, MD the author of Testosterone Deficiency: The Hidden Disease.(who happens to be my TRT doctor and whose protocol is TOTALLY outdated! How I manage that is another story.) and during our discussion he admitted to me that his book was out of date shortly after he wrote it! (By the way, his book is inspirational. You should read it.) I'd bet Shippen and Morgentaler would say something similar about their books - which are seven and six years old respectively. Ask Nelson Vergel if he'd like to do a revision to his book - and it's only three years old. I can guess what he'd say. Do these books still have value? Of course they do. But they should be read in the context that new scientific information is becoming available daily.

What particularly disturbs me about this article (and this is also what makes it so useful because the harm it does is SO transparent) is how it so cavalierly dismisses the very real concerns of tens of thousands of men with hypogonadism. That attitude - prevalent then and for too long afterwards - had me begin TRT fifteen to eighteen years later than I should have. I'm very angry at the medical establishment for not taking this "disease" seriously much sooner. I'm more than certain that's the same story dozens of other men on this forum could tell as well.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 02-01-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Rida5d is offline Member
    @2Sox
    Thnx a lot for sharing your thoughts..
    Like I posted above, sooner or later I ll be joining the TRT boat so it was just a study I came through as I'm preparing myself for the big move

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    ya but my sex drive was pretty damn good even low. and so were my hardons. everything else was a nightmare tho

Rida5d is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    ya but my sex drive was pretty damn good even low. and so were my hardons. everything else was a nightmare tho

Guess what? I'm at 461 ng/dl (average for 65 year old guy) and my sex drive and hard ons are pretty damn good.
    dreadnok89 likes this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    Damn with me, when I'm low those are the first to go.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Damn with me, when I'm low those are the first to go.
    I was under 100 total test at some points too!

Thread Information