Thread: Help

bassmeet is offline New Member

Help

I recently started TRT and feel great! My doc had me on arimidex .25 ED to ensure that my very mild existing puberty related gyno wouldn't flare up. Right nipple has felt sore ever since I started TRT. New blood work says my E is at 9. So he wants to switch me to tamaxofine. 20mg a day and wants me to stop arimidex. Should I keep taking the arimidex and taper off of it as I start the tamaxofine? Do I even need to worry or will the tamaxofine kick in quickly?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think we need to know much more about you and your complete protocol before commenting. Can you fill in the details?

I take .8 test cyp weekly IM. Which equals 160. My test level was 700 and e was 9. Both were tested 6 days after injection. 12% body fat and 34 years old. Not sure what else you need.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmeet View Post
    I take .8 test cyp weekly IM. Which equals 160. My test level was 700 and e was 9. Both were tested 6 days after injection. 12% body fat and 34 years old. Not sure what else you need.
    How long have you been on TRT? Did you begin on 160mg/week? What is the reference range for the estradiol test you took and is it the "sensitive" assay?

3 months is how long I have been on. This is my 1 st blood test after starting. I'm not sure of the range I don't have the test with me. He just called over the phone.. The only other issue I've had while on test and AI is achy joints. So I assumed my e was low. I apologize, I should have had all of my info with me before posting the question.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmeet View Post
    3 months is how long I have been on. This is my 1 st blood test after starting. I'm not sure of the range I don't have the test with me. He just called over the phone.. The only other issue I've had while on test and AI is achy joints. So I assumed my e was low. I apologize, I should have had all of my info with me before posting the question.
    Without knowing the test and the range, I'd guess you are probably right. In my view, for someone on straight TRT, .25mg of anastrozole every day is an insane dosage. I know from personal experience that it is a very strong drug and needs to be approached with great respect. I can't imagine why you doc would dose you that high.

I would suggest you speak with him/her about lowering both your dose of T and your Adex. You might want to consider 100mg/week split into two doses 3.5 days apart. You also may want to consider trying .25mg of arimidex once a week to begin. I can't tell you anything about Tamox because I have no experience with it.

One of the things I learned here is that it's always best to administer the lowest possible dose to relieve your symptoms and to feel good. (Many men start on 100mg/week) That means starting low and letting lab work dictate the next steps. You can always titrate up later if necessary.

By the way, speak to your doctor about hCG to keep your testicles functioning.

Thanks a bunch. Again I apologize for the limited info. He wants me off arimidex completely and to try the tamaxofine at 20 mg ed until the problem subsides. Then he wants me to do blood work again to see what my e jumps up to and try arimidex again if needed but at a lower dose. Where can I find more info about HCG . I'd like to be knowledgable about it when I approach him. Thanks again for all of your help. This is a great site!

Thread Information