Thread: Femara for TRT

ofcourse is offline New Member

Femara for TRT

My last three lab results:

Free T:41/22/35 normal range (8-54)
    Estradiol:23/33/27 normal range (11-41)

I seem to be in normal range but i have symptoms of hypogonadism.I especially want to increase T and decrease E2 in my brain since mood and cognitive effects are my primary concern.

I consider taking femara to increase my testosterone and decrease estrogen.If my estrogen decreases too much i will be using exogenous estrogen.Also if my testosterone doesnt increase much i will use exogenous testosterone.

So do you think its a good idea to take femara continuosly for TRT?Or is there a more efficient way?
    Last edited by ofcourse; 03-09-2014 at 07:53 AM.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ofcourse View Post
    My last three lab results:

Free T:41/22/35 normal range (8-54)
    Estradiol:23/33/27 normal range (11-41)

I seem to be in normal range but i have symptoms of hypogonadism.I especially want to increase T and decrease E2 in my brain since mood and cognitive effects are my primary concern.

I consider taking femara to increase my testosterone and decrease estrogen.If my estrogen decreases too much i will be using exogenous estrogen.Also if my testosterone doesnt increase much i will use exogenous testosterone.

So do you think its a good idea to take femara continuosly for TRT?Or is there a more efficient way?
    What is your total test results? Any other panels pulled like LH, FSH?

I don't see the purpose in taking fermera to raise test levels only to have to take exogenous estrogen to out your E2 in range. This is directly counteracting the purpose of taking fermera in the first place. Also, unless you're hypogonadal I don't think an AI will increase your test levels all that much which you then state you'd use testosterone to treat. Why not just use testosterone from the beginning? Anyway, I can't tell if you're hypo based on what info you've provided. Maybe someone else can help shed more light.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    What is your total test results? Any other panels pulled like LH, FSH?

I don't see the purpose in taking fermera to raise test levels only to have to take exogenous estrogen to out your E2 in range. This is directly counteracting the purpose of taking fermera in the first place. Also, unless you're hypogonadal I don't think an AI will increase your test levels all that much which you then state you'd use testosterone to treat. Why not just use testosterone from the beginning? Anyway, I can't tell if you're hypo based on what info you've provided. Maybe someone else can help shed more light.
    I tried testosterone and proviron .Testosterone's effects diminised in a couple of days while proviron felt great all the time and overall.I think this is because proviron is nonaromatising and i think my brain tends to aromatise a lot.

According to what i read brain produces its own estrogen locally by aromatising testosterone.So even though my body in general have a good testosterone/estrogen ratio my brain may have low T/E ratio.I want to use femara to prevent my brain from aromatising.
    Last edited by ofcourse; 03-09-2014 at 08:07 AM.

I tried testosterone and proviron .Testosterone's effects diminised in a couple of days while proviron felt great all the time and overall.I think this is because proviron is nonaromatising and i think my brain tends to aromatise a lot.

According to what i read brain produces its own estrogen locally by aromatising testosterone.So even though my body in general have a good testosterone/estrogen ratio my brain may have low T/E ratio.I want to use femara to prevent my brain from aromatising.
    How long did you run the testosterone?

How do you propose to use fermera to treat the estrogen in your brain and not have it affect the estrogen in your body? By using exogenous estrogen? Ift hats your answer, my next question will be: how do you propose to use exogenous estrogen but limit it's effects to the body and peripheral tissue while avoiding the brain? It's a catch 22 IMO if you continue down this path.

I dont want to deplete estrogen totally.I want it to be the lowest healty level.More importantly if my brain is converting most of the testosterone it receives this way testosterone wont be converted so i can have full benefits of the T ciculating in my body.
    Last edited by ofcourse; 03-10-2014 at 11:16 AM.

I dont want to deplete estrogen totally.I want it to be the lowest healty level.More importantly if my brain is converting most of the testosterone it receives this way testosterone wont be converted so i can have full benefits of the T ciculating in my body.
    This makes no sense to me. You want to lower estrogen in your brain so you want to take fermera. Fermera isn't selective it'll attack ALL estrogen in your body. To compensate you proposed your take exogenous estrogen which is not selective it will go all over your body. Once it binds to the receptors in the brain you have the same problem you began with. Am I missing something?

Do you understand that your E2 is in great range and even attempting to lower it in your brain only (if that's even possible which I highly doubt) may not have the results you want? It may even backfire and make you worse off. Estrogen is necessary to the brain.

Thread Information