Thread: HCG question

17chester6 is offline Junior Member

HCG question

I have two questions in regards to HCG .

1. I have read on the forum that reconstituted HCG is good for 90 days whereas the product monograph says to discard the unused portion after 30 days. That's fine, the more I throw away the more I have to buy so that's a good marketing ploy.
    I am on week 8 or so of my first HCG vial. I take 250 units twice weekly. The question is with the degradation of the product with time, any idea how much I should increase the dosage as the time advances? Presently I have increased to 300 units and in another week or so I'll go to 350 until the 90 days are up. But that is just me guessing. Anyone have information on this?

2. The other question is if we are using HCG to keep testicular function going (for hormone production and to prevent atrophy "of the boys"), would it not be better to use Clomid? Clomid would stimulate the Pituitary to produce both LH and FSH whereas HCG only supplies LH. I know FSH is more for spermatogenesis and at my age I don't care about fertility, but it seems more physiologically correct to stimulate at the Pituitary level rather than at the end organ (testes) level. Plus Clomid is a pill and it would reduce the number of needles we have to get. Would Clomid have more side effects?

Thanks for any information you might have esp. in regards to the dosage versus time question.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 17chester6 View Post
    I have two questions in regards to HCG .

1. I have read on the forum that reconstituted HCG is good for 90 days whereas the product monograph says to discard the unused portion after 30 days. That's fine, the more I throw away the more I have to buy so that's a good marketing ploy.
    I am on week 8 or so of my first HCG vial. I take 250 units twice weekly. The question is with the degradation of the product with time, any idea how much I should increase the dosage as the time advances? Presently I have increased to 300 units and in another week or so I'll go to 350 until the 90 days are up. But that is just me guessing. Anyone have information on this?

2. The other question is if we are using HCG to keep testicular function going (for hormone production and to prevent atrophy "of the boys"), would it not be better to use Clomid? Clomid would stimulate the Pituitary to produce both LH and FSH whereas HCG only supplies LH. I know FSH is more for spermatogenesis and at my age I don't care about fertility, but it seems more physiologically correct to stimulate at the Pituitary level rather than at the end organ (testes) level. Plus Clomid is a pill and it would reduce the number of needles we have to get. Would Clomid have more side effects?

Thanks for any information you might have esp. in regards to the dosage versus time question.
    1) A post by Austinite regarding HCG degradation:

Quote Originally Posted by Austinite
    Let me clear up some confusion about hCG.

hCG needs to be refrigerated for the sole purpose of preserving potency. It does not "go bad", ever. hCG merely loses potency over time, and at a faster pace when placed at room temperature.

hCG can be used for 90 days after reconstituting it. After 90 days, it loses approximately 10% potency per month. You can leave hCG at room temperature for about a week with negligible potency loss. No loss if it's in the early stages after mixing. After 90 days, you would simply increase dose to compensate for the 10% loss per month. So for those of you who travel, do not be afraid to take your hCG.

The reason hCG generally does not arrive mixed, is because in some cases, it is frozen in powder form, which would preserve the compound for millions of years. This way you can thaw the powder and use it at your convenience. Some manufacturers shp premixed compounds, such as the HUCOG brand, which is extracted from pregnant rat urine.

hCG is not as "fragile" as most of us are led to believe. If you prefer to minimize injections, you can combine your steroid compounds with hCG into the same syringe and inject. The only real way to destroy hCG is by freezing and thawing pre-loaded/premixed syringes, as the ice crystals tend to destroy the proteins.

The expiration dates are merely the length of time the potency was tested. This is also used so that you purchase more of this compound.
    2) no clomid cannot be substituted for HCG on a cycle. HCG is providing a direct LH analog so it bypasses the need for the body to produce it and acts on the Ledyig cells. Clomid, while in theory would do the same thing, in reality is completely overpowered by HPTA suppression. Think about it, if someone not in TRT intends to use clomid as part of their PCT, why would they have to wait for exogenous hormones to clear their system before beginning PCT? The supraphysiological levels will easily overpower anything clomid may do in terms of LH production.

17chester6 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for the succinct answers. I did do a search on the forum but did not find Austenite's posting in regards to HCG . That is so useful it should be a stickie (or what ever those things at the top are called).

Quote Originally Posted by 17chester6 View Post
    Thank you for the succinct answers. I did do a search on the forum but did not find Austenite's posting in regards to HCG. That is so useful it should be a stickie (or what ever those things at the top are called).
    I got it from another forum but I thought it was here as well. Couldn't find it either. I agree though, sticky material or at least a good add on to his HCG sticky/article

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No one can give you accurate potency and/or shelf life data except an actual manufacturer. They are required by FDA to populate this data as part of their drug filing/approval process. Anything else is speculative and/or bro-science at best. My particular HCG says 90 days and I usually run it 100 to 115 days until the product runs out. As long as the solution is clear you're G2G. I just add an extra "line" to the dose I draw once the product is @ the 90 day mark, but I'm not positive this is even necessary. Typically, pharmaceutical manufacturers run stability data on their products that will often show the product is actually stable for much longer that what is declared on the product insert.

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    No one can give you accurate potency and/or shelf life data except an actual manufacturer. They are required by FDA to populate this data as part of their drug filing/approval process. Anything else is speculative and/or bro-science at best. My particular HCG says 90 days and I usually run it 100 to 115 days until the product runs out. As long as the solution is clear you're G2G. I just add an extra "line" to the dose I draw once the product is @ the 90 day mark, but I'm not positive this is even necessary. Typically, pharmaceutical manufacturers run stability data on their products that will often show the product is actually stable for much longer that what is declared on the product insert.
    I tried to find this data on HCG to no avail. I believe Austin has some pretty good general recommendations but I also put in a request to a pharmacist (happens to be my cousin) to see if he can find this info in the databases he's allowed access to.

Thread Information