Thread: Hrt

Shadow530i is offline Junior Member

Hrt

Okay, so my doc started me on 200mg/2weeks and 14 days after my 6th shot he tested my testosterone ...obviously it was pretty low...I went from 378 natty to 148...he doesn't seem to understand HRT and he referred me elsewhere. I feel like it was Urology....but that might not make sense. Anyway, when I do get to where ever he sent me can I just tell them I need 150mg/week and I'll be fine? I feel like I can say I was on this dosage before and not need proof.

Oh, I guess my only real question was if my level was pretty normal considering the dosage....just want to make sure I'm not resistant to gear or something.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow530i View Post
    Okay, so my doc started me on 200mg/2weeks and 14 days after my 6th shot he tested my testosterone ...obviously it was pretty low...I went from 378 natty to 148...he doesn't seem to understand HRT and he referred me elsewhere. I feel like it was Urology....but that might not make sense. Anyway, when I do get to where ever he sent me can I just tell them I need 150mg/week and I'll be fine? I feel like I can say I was on this dosage before and not need proof.

Oh, I guess my only real question was if my level was pretty normal considering the dosage....just want to make sure I'm not resistant to gear or something.
    You're right. Your doctor doesn't understand TRT if this is what he doses you. If you find a good doctor - which can turn out to be a quest in itself - I'd suggest you just bring with you a copy of your initial blood work with your levels. That should be sufficient.

But if you like your present doctor and if he is receptive to you treatment suggestions (requirements) you might consider staying on.

Most here would advise you start off conservatively at 100mg/week split into two doses of 5Omg every 3.5 days. In addition 250iu hCG twice per week. Be sure to include the estradiol sensitive assay on you labs. After that is learn as much as you can so you can guide your treatment.

Shadow530i is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    You're right. Your doctor doesn't understand TRT if this is what he doses you. If you find a good doctor - which can turn out to be a quest in itself - I'd suggest you just bring with you a copy of your initial blood work with your levels. That should be sufficient.

But if you like your present doctor and if he is receptive to you treatment suggestions (requirements) you might consider staying on.

Most here would advise you start off conservatively at 100mg/week split into two doses of 5Omg every 3.5 days. In addition 250iu hCG twice per week. Be sure to include the estradiol sensitive assay on you labs. After that is learn as much as you can so you can guide your treatment.
    Yeah, I had to teach my doc what an AI was and why I needed my estrogen levels checked...needless to say I was fairly disappointed. I don't want to be on HCG though because I like not my extra low chances of getting someone pregnant (I know it's possible...but as I said...'extra low'). When I see the Urologist next Monday I will just tell him I was reading online and that many guys are resistant to test and some go as high as 400mg/week (That's the top of the dosage range I found on some medical sites I was researching on). Then I will suggest he put me on 200mg/week with .25mg anastrozole a week (My estrogen test came back a little high)and test me in a few months. That should put me at around 600 on day 7 when I get my next injection which means I'll average out at the 900ng/dl area....which would be awesome.

Now, I am wondering how I can get my test from amps instead of vials. I did a cycle off of amps before and it was the best I've felt in my life...but I don't quite know how to go about getting it...or even if cypionate comes in amps since I had enanthate .

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    If you were on 200 mg once every two weeks and your BW was at about your next shot, I'd say it was the protocol and not that your resistant. I would do what 2Sox said. No responsible Doc will prescribe you that much test.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow530i View Post
    Yeah, I had to teach my doc what an AI was and why I needed my estrogen levels checked...needless to say I was fairly disappointed. I don't want to be on HCG though because I like not my extra low chances of getting someone pregnant (I know it's possible...but as I said...'extra low'). When I see the Urologist next Monday I will just tell him I was reading online and that many guys are resistant to test and some go as high as 400mg/week (That's the top of the dosage range I found on some medical sites I was researching on). Then I will suggest he put me on 200mg/week with .25mg anastrozole a week (My estrogen test came back a little high)and test me in a few months. That should put me at around 600 on day 7 when I get my next injection which means I'll average out at the 900ng/dl area....which would be awesome.

Now, I am wondering how I can get my test from amps instead of vials. I did a cycle off of amps before and it was the best I've felt in my life...but I don't quite know how to go about getting it...or even if cypionate comes in amps since I had enanthate.
    Read the hCG sticky on top of this forums main page concerning hCG and Pregnenolone. You will learn that it is not solely a fertility issue. And you don't NOT take it for birth control! (That is the weirdest thing I've heard in awhile.) It's a quality of life issue - a feeling of well being. Of course if you don't mind your stones shrinking to the size of M&Ms and your scrotum pulling up tight like an infant boys', and your orgasms being so disappointing that you think you might have missed it, and have practically non existent ejaculate - than don't take hCG.

Another thing; amps or vials - testosterone is testosterone. So how you felt had nothing to do with the vessel the T was stored in. Also, only a totally incompetent doctor would start someone on 400mg/week. And if you stick around on this forum long enough you'll see there is no lack of them around.

Since you will be on TRT for life, I'd advise you take it seriously. It's not a quest to find the highest dose possible. Quite the contrary. It's a quest to find the smallest possible dose that will eliminate your symptoms. Very often this is the dose that many men have found will keep their E2 level under control - without an AI.

Beethoven presented you an explanation of this "resistance" idea. I've just heard of only one person - who is on this forum - who needed extremely high doses of T. So to my knowledge, "T resistance" is not common at all.

Look, you got some good advice. Take some time to think about it. Ask more questions if you need to.

Thread Information