Ccdiesel is offline Associate Member

Bad sleep, low libido, lessening erections need input

I'm having issues that have become worse than before I started trt. No libido and few erections. Estrogen is in check at 25, currently doing 400iu HCG every 4 days. 105 mg test every week split into two doses.

So if not e2 what could be causing this. I'm getting frustrated with feeling so crappy. Sleep is hard to get and libido is almost gone. It's really concerning and need some Input from someone well versed. Thanks

vmons01 is offline Junior Member
    Is that a sensitive E2 test? What's your Total Test, Free Test? My sensitive E2 is at 21 and, at the exact same blood draw, my Labcorp E2 (non-sensitive) is 31. I feel great at those values. When I thought I should be in the low 20's I think I may have been too low! I used to have a lack of libido and ED issues.

sfgiantsfan55 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccdiesel View Post
    I'm having issues that have become worse than before I started trt. No libido and few erections. Estrogen is in check at 25, currently doing 400iu HCG every 4 days. 105 mg test every week split into two doses.

So if not e2 what could be causing this. I'm getting frustrated with feeling so crappy. Sleep is hard to get and libido is almost gone. It's really concerning and need some Input from someone well versed. Thanks

just from my own experience , test and hcg did nothing much for my ED..... when i started using clomid , in my opinion , thats when i got better down there... i have no data or what have you.. just my observations.

My test was the labcorp female hormone panel test. I am guessing non sensitive. But I have been using it, my first test came back at 22 and I felt perfect then. No AI used.

HCG seems to be my driving force for estrogen, so I keep the dose low. I have not checked free t but I will this next test.

jasondd1 is offline Member
    Progesterone low?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member

From my untrained ears, there's got to be something missing here. High E2 and low E2 can both cause these symptoms. I experienced this too - low libido and decreased erection quality - and the cause was that either my E2 was too low or too high. I think you've got to get your estradiol sensitive readings to see if this is the cause. And the readings have to be current. I've seen that things can change very fast over the course of a few weeks. Any other causes of your symptoms are beyond my experience. I'm sure others can comment.

It was also suggested to you on another thread that you may want to consider increasing you T dose, but in my opinion this should be done in small increments. If I were you, I'd do both: Lower hCG to 250iu 2x week and increase T to maybe 55 mg 2x week. (I did a lot of experimenting up and down to get to a comfortable place and the jury is still out.) See how you feel then.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 03-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    From my untrained ears, there's got to be something missing here. High E2 and low E2 can both cause these symptoms. I experienced this too - low libido and decreased erection quality - and the cause was that either my E2 was too low or too high. I think you've got to get your estradiol sensitive readings to see if this is the cause. And the readings have to be current. I've seen that things can change very fast over the course of a few weeks. Any other causes of your symptoms are beyond my experience. I'm sure others can comment.

It was also suggested to you on another thread that you may want to consider increasing you T dose, but in my opinion this should be done in small increments. If I were you, I'd do both: Lower hCG to 250iu 2x week and increase T to maybe 55 mg 2x week. (I did a lot of experimenting up and down to get to a comfortable place and the jury is still out.) See how you feel then.
    I'll check on getting the e2 sensitive test now. My last results were only a couple weeks ago and I have felt like this for the past few months. I know E2 was high for a while, started decreasing and got back to the levels that I felt good at.

What I thought of doing was EOD test shots and lowering HCG as you said. I need to check free t as well. My overall t level was the top of the range so I didn't see what I should increase t.

Progesterone? Is that necessary to check?

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan55 View Post
    just from my own experience , test and hcg did nothing much for my ED..... when i started using clomid , in my opinion , thats when i got better down there... i have no data or what have you.. just my observations.
    Seems like you need more of both - data and observations - and both scientific. And more time for all of it.

2sox

Just curious, how low did you go on HCG dosing before you arrived at 250?

My doctor prescribed a lot more than the dose I'm at, it is very potent as far as creating estrogen I couldn't run more than I am now and there were no positive effects while running more. But I am curious if small doses would illicit a better response say 100iu every few days. I am not familiar with the natural release of LH and fsh though

sfgiantsfan55 is offline Associate Member
    Seems like you need more of both - data and observations - and both scientific. And more time for all of it.

for sure.

2sox

Just curious, how low did you go on HCG dosing before you arrived at 250?

My doctor prescribed a lot more than the dose I'm at, it is very potent as far as creating estrogen I couldn't run more than I am now and there were no positive effects while running more. But I am curious if small doses would illicit a better response say 100iu every few days. I am not familiar with the natural release of LH and fsh though
    Like a lot of guys who just begin TRT, I thought more is better. Big mistake. I learned the hard way how unwise this is. There are lots of different doses that guys on the forum take but I think each person has to find their own way. I experimented a lot with different doses but I found that the more you dose or the more often you dose, the bigger a problem you have with estradiol. You can't argue with experience. Many knowledgeable guys on this forum have found 250iu 2x week to be the best. I figured I'd try it. It seems to be working just fine. I have a great deal of respect for how the body tells you what to do. I am learning about the power of estrogen and also about the power of AI's both - on your feeling of well being and on your sex life. You've got to respect both and how they affect you. In my view, it is literally a balancing act and you've got to pay a lot of attention to it. That's what I'm trying to do now.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How is OP's blood pressure? Are you on Blood Pressure meds currently of the beta-blocker type (i.e. Metoprolol, Propranolol)? Having high blood pressure or taking beta-blockers for HBP can cause ED...

Like a lot of guys who just begin TRT, I thought more is better. Big mistake. I learned the hard way how unwise this is. There are lots of different doses that guys on the forum take but I think each person has to find their own way. I experimented a lot with different doses but I found that the more you dose or the more often you dose, the bigger a problem you have with estradiol. You can't argue with experience. Many knowledgeable guys on this forum have found 250iu 2x week to be the best. I figured I'd try it. It seems to be working just fine. I have a great deal of respect for how the body tells you what to do. I am learning about the power of estrogen and also about the power of AI's both - on your feeling of well being and on your sex life. You've got to respect both and how they affect you. In my view, it is literally a balancing act and you've got to pay a lot of attention to it. That's what I'm trying to do now.
    Thanks for the input. Yes my initial concern was fertility and ensuring I dose what the doctor said, I quickly found how little they understood and this was a reputable doctor. They actually tried to up my dose more after I told them my symptoms. I am going to try 250 twice a week and see what happens. If I go lower I'll post my experiences. Less is definitely more but I'm sure there is a range at which that applies.

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    How is OP's blood pressure? Are you on Blood Pressure meds currently of the beta-blocker type (i.e. Metoprolol, Propranolol)? Having high blood pressure or taking beta-blockers for HBP can cause ED...
    No my blood pressure is perfect. I've checked multiple times.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    When my e is low erections are strong as hell. But orgasm is lame. High estrogen doesn't get as hard and orgasms are lame. Balanced godly in both areas. The woman panel is worthless for a man and silly

Thread Information