Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Sox

Thread: New to Forum and gear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    jw66 is offline New Member

New to Forum and gear

Hello, I'm 47 years old and a personal trainer I work out very hard but was not seeing the gains I would expect. Recently went to my doctor and he checked my test levels and I was 150mg He told me I was below the bottom of normal which was 300mg. He gave me a prescription of (1) injection a month 1.5mL of Testosterone Cyponate 200mg per mL two month later while I felt better it was still not enough after reading online I started this same dose once every 10 days. This has helped and my level went up to 800mg but he still will not increase my dose. I need another outlet to get more testosterone as my prescription will not last. My sex drive came up great the first couple months but seems a bit sporadic now. Granted I feel better and recover faster. Question should I be taking an estrogen blocker and any recommendations on sites that others have had good luck with. I'm 5'8" 185 about 14% body fat I eat fairly clean and want to maintain my mass and drop down to 8% body fat in next few months...My cardio I have kept at 15 to 20 minutes max generally a rower or sprinting 2-3 days a week to avoid burning muscle. Any help would be appreciated Thank yoU!

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jw66 View Post
    Hello, I'm 47 years old and a personal trainer I work out very hard but was not seeing the gains I would expect. Recently went to my doctor and he checked my test levels and I was 150mg He told me I was below the bottom of normal which was 300mg. He gave me a prescription of (1) injection a month 1.5mL of Testosterone Cyponate 200mg per mL two month later while I felt better it was still not enough after reading online I started this same dose once every 10 days. This has helped and my level went up to 800mg but he still will not increase my dose. I need another outlet to get more testosterone as my prescription will not last. My sex drive came up great the first couple months but seems a bit sporadic now. Granted I feel better and recover faster. Question should I be taking an estrogen blocker and any recommendations on sites that others have had good luck with. I'm 5'8" 185 about 14% body fat I eat fairly clean and want to maintain my mass and drop down to 8% body fat in next few months...My cardio I have kept at 15 to 20 minutes max generally a rower or sprinting 2-3 days a week to avoid burning muscle. Any help would be appreciated Thank yoU!
    Find another Doctor. 1 injection a month is no good. He doesn't know trt. 200 mg every ten days is kind of high. You should start at 100 mg a week and work from there.

jw66 is offline New Member
    I have been trying to find a doctor here in Omaha Ne but it is slim to none. They seem to shy away from TRT...I will take your advice and back down just injected 1.5mL today will reduce to .50mL per week. What about estrogen blockers? and Thank yoU!

havanakid is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jw66
    I have been trying to find a doctor here in Omaha Ne but it is slim to none. They seem to shy away from TRT...I will take your advice and back down just injected 1.5mL today will reduce to .50mL per week. What about estrogen blockers? and Thank yoU!
    I think bloodwork would be the best as far as determining whether you even need an estrogen blocker or not.Gotta check your levels.Some guys on trt dont need them cause at a low therapeutic dose their bodies dont convert too much estrogen.

killface is offline Associate Member
    Dude, there's a great Dr in Omaha. Not sure if I can post names here so I'll PM it to you.

Edit:

Err... maybe not. It won't let me PM you.
    Last edited by killface; 03-14-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Rrexy is offline Junior Member
    I believe it's ok to post Doctors here.
    LowT has made some recommendations.
    I would suggest checking out the LowTestosterone.com website (link is on this page) and see if they have anything near you -
    Even if they don't, you can make arrangements to travel to one of their docs.
    My TRT program is through them and has worked out well so far..........

As others have said above, your doctor prescribed protocol isn't going to work.
    Minimum of 1x / week injections and many prefer to break their injections down to 2x / week for more stable levels.

May or May not need an AI. Depends on how your body handles the Test. I'm on 100mg Test Cyp. / week & so far no need for an AI.
    Last edited by Rrexy; 03-15-2014 at 07:59 AM.

killface is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrexy View Post
    I believe it's ok to post Doctors here.
    LowT has made some recommendations.
    Well, if not... Sorry mods :P

@jw66: Check out Dr. Jeffrey Passer. I've been very impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. The only thing I'd say to watch out for is that he might OVERdose some meds, but that's for another thread. Check him out, hope it helps bud.

Rrexy is offline Junior Member
    A note regarding my post above ^^^^^
    I just checked the LowTestosterone.com website.
    It looks like their closest location to you is in Tulsa, OK.

However, as I stated above, they do have a travel program and with that, only require one face-to-face meeting with the doc annually.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The previous recommendations are good ones.

Some suggestions: When you post lab measurements or dosages, it's best to be accurate and use the correct units. Testosterone is measured in ng/dL NOT in mg's. When you speak about your dosage, I would suggest that you do the legwork and tell us what you actual dose is in mg's. Don't give mL's because it only makes for confusion. IMO, it's just courtesy.

Further, it would eliminate having to ask questions of confirmation like these:

If you are taking 1.5mL T shots per month, (at 200mg/mL) is it correct that your dose is 300mg/month? If it is, it is ridiculous. I definitely concur with Beethoven. Find another doctor because yours does not know what he is doing at all!

Then you took it upon yourself to take this dose every 10 days? Is this correct? It is no wonder you are running out of T.

My suggestions:
    Stop overdosing yourself on T and bring it down to 50mg every 3.5days. Then see how you estradiol looks in one month. You may not need an estrogen blocker. Smaller, more frequent doses work very well for the majority of men. Higher T doses always bring more aromatization. So you'll just be chasing your tail if you keep this up.

As others have said, free T is your friend. Keep an eye on that.

Note: You definitely can post the names of doctors and give recommendations. This is a forum to help each other.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 03-15-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    Beethoven likes this.

sparverius is offline Junior Member
    Your doctor also did you wrong by putting you on TRT without investigating why you are low. It's possible that the cause is something that can be fixed. Fixing the actual problem is much better than just addressing the symptoms with TRT.

It's not too late to do that but you may need a different doctor.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparverius View Post
    Your doctor also did you wrong by putting you on TRT without investigating why you are low. It's possible that the cause is something that can be fixed. Fixing the actual problem is much better than just addressing the symptoms with TRT.

It's not too late to do that but you may need a different doctor.
    Got that right.

Thread Information