Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Sox

Thread: Testosterone Cyp for Women

GSXRvi6 is offline Member

Testosterone Cyp for Women

So my wife is on a low does testosterone cream, she has to apply it to her inner thy every day, she's not hip on the cream but the doctor does only the cream or pellets, and neither of us have interest in pellets.

We are going to run this for a month then check her levels again, it's my understanding some women do not respond to the cream, same way some men don't respond to the gel.

I googled around and found that some women take test cyp, like 200mg every 3 to 4 weeks, to me that doesn't sound like a good idea due to the MASSIVE spike in test but apparently it's working for them.

I was thinking it over and I was thinking female dosage would be so low I can spare some of my pharm cyp no problem, if the cream doesn't work for her, do you think it would be possible to do sub q shots of cyp at low doses?

My thinking would be to start low, like 5mg sub q per week and then get bloods drawn, the goal would be to stay in normal range but get the numbers up, both her T and free T are at the bottom of the range, hoping the T will assist with libido and energy - this is not for running a steroid cycle.

Any other women out there doing this? thoughts?

wow, 202 views and no replies?

aussie made is offline Associate Member
    Why is your wife running test for?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRvi6 View Post
    wow, 202 views and no replies?
    203 views....

My wife is menopausal and is on a compounded cream of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone . She is responding extremely well. If you haven't done your homework about why it's vital to include all three, I definitely suggest that you do.

I am supplementing her cream with approximately 2-3mg of Test Cyp, SQ per week - from my own supply. (Her daily dose in the cream is 4mg, but of course that doesn't mean that's what gets absorbed.) Her labs show she is a little low in T and that's we decided to supplement. Topicals seem to make for more DHT, resulting in some hair loss (Yes, for women too) so she'd like to eliminate the T from the compounded cream and inject the T. And she's doing rather well. Curious to see what her next labs say. My instinct is to up it to 4mg after this.

It was recommended to me by Vettester - on this forum - to start off with 4mg/week and see how that goes. You might want to do this too. After getting her labs, you can always increase if necessary. Hope this helps.
    GSXRvi6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie made View Post
    Read Eugene Shippen's book "The Testosterone Syndrome." You might also want to look at E.Barry Gordon's "Testosterone Deficiency: The Hidden Disease"

aussie made is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox
    Read Eugene Shippen's book "The Testosterone Syndrome." You might also want to look at E.Barry Gordon's "Testosterone Deficiency: The Hidden Disease"
    Thanks mate. Mite have a look. Sounds interesting.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    You might have better luck asking in here except be more patent since that part of the forum is slower.

Female Hormone Replacement Therapy - Low T Treatment, Anti-Aging

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Ya woman need some too. I read chicks in shape usually have the perfect balance

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    To the OP whatever you do DO NOT give her 200mg of Test anything.....

Even using Test Undecanoate (not suggesting Undecanoate, but it would be the highest dosage per shot) your dosage would be substantially lower than that, with cyp you are correct her levels would spike to the point of causing serious issues.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie made View Post
    Women can suffer from low test as well, typical treatments are cream and pellets, we are not hip on the pellets and we have doubts about the effectiveness of the cream, it doesn't work for everyone.

Just like with a man so long as her hormones stay in range there shouldn't be any issues, we start kicking up the test above normal range I would expect to see issues, but in a normal healthy female there is testosterone .

What makes women difficult is there must be a balance of hormones, and women normally fluctuate throughout the month so timing of blood work can make a difference.

Her issue is libido and energy related, at her peak levels in the month she has libido for a couple of days and then nothing for the rest of the month (been this way for quite a while). During the peak her serium and free test are at the bottom of the ranges for female so we assume that it's near flat for the rest of the month contributing to the libido and energy problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    203 views....

My wife is menopausal and is on a compounded cream of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. She is responding extremely well. If you haven't done your homework about why it's vital to include all three, I definitely suggest that you do.

I am supplementing her cream with approximately 2-3mg of Test Cyp, SQ per week - from my own supply. (Her daily dose in the cream is 4mg, but of course that doesn't mean that's what gets absorbed.) Her labs show she is a little low in T and that's we decided to supplement. Topicals seem to make for more DHT, resulting in some hair loss (Yes, for women too) so she'd like to eliminate the T from the compounded cream and inject the T. And she's doing rather well. Curious to see what her next labs say. My instinct is to up it to 4mg after this.

It was recommended to me by Vettester - on this forum - to start off with 4mg/week and see how that goes. You might want to do this too. After getting her labs, you can always increase if necessary. Hope this helps.
    Very helpful, thanks. My wife is pre-menopausal so the doc didn't want to up any other hormones

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    To the OP whatever you do DO NOT give her 200mg of Test anything.....

Even using Test Undecanoate (not suggesting Undecanoate, but it would be the highest dosage per shot) your dosage would be substantially lower than that, with cyp you are correct her levels would spike to the point of causing serious issues.
    Yea I knew that was too high, that's why I was thinking low like in the 5mg/week range SQ, I already did the math on 2mg/wk and it's a crazy tiny dose, I have some syringes that will get that job done, but we are going to wait for her first blood work first, if it's not up in the range and she is still symptomatic we'll start supplementing at small doses and very tiny increase in increments.
    Last edited by GSXRvi6; 03-17-2014 at 10:10 AM.

[QUOTE=GSXRvi6;6830598
    What makes women difficult is there must be a balance of hormones, and women normally fluctuate throughout the month so timing of blood work can make a difference.

My wife is pre-menopausal so the doc didn't want to up any other hormones

[/QUOTE]

It's common knowledge that once a woman enters menopause there is a decrease in all three hormones. Most doctors give estrogen and dismiss the other two. Those more knowledgable give estrogen and progesterone and leave out testosterone . Doctors who are really in the know, prescribe all three. Blood work is the guide.

Thread Information