Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FRDave
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Question on needle waste

LFH40 is offline Associate Member

Question on needle waste

Hey guys,
    I'm using a 27g needle to draw and also to inject. You may ask why I'm using such a small needle to draw, but I'm using lowT .com and they changed policy on the needles they use. They were sending me a 20g to draw, but they said there's a lot of waste in the hub doing it this way and their patients were running out of their testosterone early due to this, so now I'm doing both with the 27g and it seems like I'm still looking light in the vial. I have plenty more, but it's rapidly emptying.

The question is, when you draw, there's always test in the hub. Do you want there to be air in the hub (pretty sure you don't)? It seems like if I'm drawing .25 in the syringe, there's really more than 2.5 in the whole unit.

Can anyone please shed some light on this? I'll include a pic of the actual syringe and needle that I use.

Thanks so much. Just don't wanna run out early again. I did last time and they claimed it was due to drawing with a larger needle and injecting with a smaller needle as there was a lot of waste in the hub that over time would cause you to run out early. My biggest fear is running out early.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	728.0 KB 
ID:	149334

booku is offline Associate Member
    absolutely ridiculous, thats why Ill never use lowt.com. Find an endo/doc who will write you a proper prescription, not this laughable operation

Quote Originally Posted by booku View Post
    absolutely ridiculous, thats why Ill never use lowt.com. Find an endo/doc who will write you a proper prescription, not this laughable operation
    Can you please expound on that? Why is it ridiculous? Endos were the name of my existence. I am very satisfied with lowT. But hey- to each their own. Endos are the reason I'm with lowT now anyway. They all sucked and just drained the bank account.

Now can anyone with a legitimate reply please help me out? Thanks guys!

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Order some syringes online marked as "low", "no", or "zero" dead space. The hub will not be removable with these so you will have to draw and inject with the same needle, but I have had no issues in over a year now.
    LFH40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    Order some syringes online marked as "low", "no", or "zero" dead space. The hub will not be removable with these so you will have to draw and inject with the same needle, but I have had no issues in over a year now.
    Hey! Awesome! Do I need a proof of prescription or anything to order those? That's great! I didn't know they existed!

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    All the 3ml Excel syringes I have purchased recently have a nipple/probe on the plunger that minimizes dead-space (by occupying it when the oil is all pushed out).
    LFH40 likes this.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use a 29 gauge Easy Touch insulin pin both to draw and inject with. It's also low dead space. (I don't know if "no dead space" really exists but this "nipple" thing that Bonaparte describes sounds cool.) I draw a little, then push out the air with some T, draw again, push air out again. Takes a few minutes but it's worth the time. Before I inject, I draw in an air bubble, invert the needle and the bubble pushes out all the T inside. Works fine. The small amount of air won't hurt you.

It also helps to warm the vial before you do any of this. Makes everything easier. I tuck it into my waistband next to my skin while I do whatever around the house. It's at body temp when I'm ready to go.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LFH40
    Hey! Awesome! Do I need a proof of prescription or anything to order those? That's great! I didn't know they existed!

Locally you may need a script but online, no. I order mine online.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    Locally you may need a script but online, no. I order mine online.
    after you remove the needle do you draw air back into it and flick the tube a few times to get the oil to get back into the cylinder? I am scripted a little extra so I never had this issue but even when I was not I was drawing with a 23G 1" and injecting with a 25G 1" and never had a issue.

Not sure why if they script you say 100 a week they could not do it for 120 a week so you get a little bit extra so you don't have to worry about something like this.

Thread Information