Deequarius is offline Associate Member

18 Years Old - Testosterone

Hi guys... Basically was just referred to this section of the forum for advice on my situation. I am 18 years old, I've been lifting for 4 years and have lead an active life-style being in sports all through high school and so on... I keep to a relatively strict diet and lift 6 times a week. I'm just shy of 6'3'' and I weight 192 pounds. I have been having difficulty sleeping, low libido and have had some muscle mass loss without any change to my lifting regimen and diet aside from increasing my caloric intake. In response to this I suggested to my doctor to order a blood test for my Testosterone levels . The results came in the next day and my levels reported at 327.6 ng/ml. My doctor told me that this is normal and wrote my off telling me to continue with an active life-style. However, my research says otherwise and I believe that I have low-T and members of this forum seem to agree with me considering my age. What is everyone's thoughts on these results and what should I do from here.

Appreciate the help guys!

I think people may be missing this... could use some help!

Thanks!

MRNJ1992 is offline Member
    Definitely not normal for 19. Find another doctor. Your numbers should be much higher and your libido being gone is a definite issue. Get blood draws for everything related to T. Get your estrogen levels checked as well. Any drug use?

No drugs outside of those prescribed to me (Accutane). Haven't dabbled in any AAS at any point in my life.

Any other thoughts from other knowledgeable people?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deequarius View Post
    Hi guys... Basically was just referred to this section of the forum for advice on my situation. I am 18 years old, I've been lifting for 4 years and have lead an active life-style being in sports all through high school and so on... I keep to a relatively strict diet and lift 6 times a week. I'm just shy of 6'3'' and I weight 192 pounds. I have been having difficulty sleeping, low libido and have had some muscle mass loss without any change to my lifting regimen and diet aside from increasing my caloric intake. In response to this I suggested to my doctor to order a blood test for my Testosterone levels . The results came in the next day and my levels reported at 327.6 ng/ml. My doctor told me that this is normal and wrote my off telling me to continue with an active life-style. However, my research says otherwise and I believe that I have low-T and members of this forum seem to agree with me considering my age. What is everyone's thoughts on these results and what should I do from here.

Appreciate the help guys!
    test blood levels, like everything else, fluctuate. Give it some time, and have it rechecked. What is your free test levels?

and btw mate, TRT is NOT something you should want at your age. You'll be sticking needles in your ass for the rest of your life for the test, and then more needles for the HCG . It's a friggin nightmare, and something you should avoid, not crave.

Explore other options that will overcome your complaints.

Remember, TRT is something for youngsters to avoid if possible, because it is for the rest of your life.

Make sense?

---Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    test blood levels, like everything else, fluctuate. Give it some time, and have it rechecked. What is your free test levels?

and btw mate, TRT is NOT something you should want at your age. You'll be sticking needles in your ass for the rest of your life for the test, and then more needles for the HCG . It's a friggin nightmare, and something you should avoid, not crave.

Explore other options that will overcome your complaints.

Remember, TRT is something for youngsters to avoid if possible, because it is for the rest of your life.

Make sense?

---Roman
    Yeah I understand. I was just told by people in the other thread I posted to take my results to this section and get some advice on people over here. I'm not shooting for this I am just curious on what can be done or anything along those lines.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    ok, so what else besides hormones can explain your three major complaints?
    sleep
    libido
    weight loss

this could be a variety of things.

I'd investigate the sleep issue further. if you are not getting good sleep, then your overall quality of life can slowly degrade.

I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea, and to a certain extent, has similar symptoms. not suggesting you have sleep apnea, just point out it could be something simple like not getting good quality sleep.

How is your sleep, btw? do you sleep through the night, or are you getting up repeatedly? do you toss and turn all night? do you snore?

do you have allergies? if so, allergies can impact quality of sleep, especially now that winter is over and the blooms are out. plus fungus due to rain.

your symptoms can be from a variety of things.

need to spend more time figuring this thing out, you know?

Good luck!
    ---Roman

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deequarius View Post
    Yeah I understand. I was just told by people in the other thread I posted to take my results to this section and get some advice on people over here. I'm not shooting for this I am just curious on what can be done or anything along those lines.
    Good idea to get you pituitary examined as well as your testicles for any abnormalities. TR gave good advice. TRT is NOT a normal state of affairs for someone your age.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Good idea to get you pituitary examined as well as your testicles for any abnormalities. TR gave good advice. TRT is NOT a normal state of affairs for someone your age.
    x2. Do some research and find a good Doc in your area to investigate your case further. There is certainly something going on that cannot be adequately addressed on an internet forum. You need a proper medical evaluation moving forward...

Thread Information